Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Check out Dream of Mirror Online (DOMO)

sonicsixsonicsix Member UncommonPosts: 66

It's a free game with excellent gameplay, lots and lots of features, well worth checking out if you are a casual MMO player.  Definitely not for the hardcore.  Some features are:

- No PvP that I know of other than dueling that you can set to autodecline (hooray!)

- Many classes you can choose from and you can switch from class to class at any time without a penalty

- Pets that help you fight (temporary are free, item mall sells permanent ones)

- Good community.  Been playing 3 weeks and have only seen one "Leeeeeroy Jenkins" idiot).

- Very social game that gives bonus skills for making friends in game

- Free to play but does have an item mall.  Nothing they sell really gives you an advantage, it's mostly cosmetic things like costumes or extra bag space, pets, consumables, etc.

- Very in depth crafting system although gathering can be tedious (but when is it not?)

Go check it out if you think it might be something you'll like.  If not, why bother posting in this thread?

http://domo.aeriagames.com

Comments

• MuddahMuddah Member UncommonPosts: 161

- Good community.  Been playing 3 weeks and have only seen one "Leeeeeroy Jenkins" idiot).

- Free to play but does have an item mall.  Nothing they sell really gives you an advantage, it's mostly cosmetic things like costumes or extra bag space, pets, consumables, etc.

These do not go hand in hand...I call BS.

I wonder somedays if anyones actually played a game with a "good" community.

• sonicsixsonicsix Member UncommonPosts: 66

Originally posted by Muddah

These do not go hand in hand...I call BS.
    Awww you got me... I made it all up.  None of it is true, there aren't any decent people playing any MMOs these days.  /sarcasm off

My post  OBVIOUSLY was not directed at you.  Funny how you took the time to post twice and say something negative... kids these days - sheesh.

Oh, I played DOMO please elaborate on what makes this a good community in your eyes?

• sonicsixsonicsix Member UncommonPosts: 66

Oh, I played DOMO please elaborate on what makes this a good community in your eyes?

You quit playing.

Yes, hence the use of the past tense form of the word "play" = played.

Oh that wasn't a question...cute...but sadly it doesnt constitute as an answer.

• GishgeronGishgeron Member Posts: 1,287

I can try to answer you.  I found the community in the game "good" because the environment of the game is very laid back.  It creates an atmosphere where everyone is playing a game, and just having fun.  In my time with DOMO, I never once found a single time where the playerbase bothered me or caused me to wish I had their personal address on hand...and frankly thats enough to give the game a gold medal in the "community" department.  No other MMO managed that for me, except City of Heros.  Now THAT game easily has the best community I have ever seen.  But I dislike comparing F2P and P2P games.

Of course...the vitriol of the OP towards you DOES show that even the best of communities have some angry people.  While you may have been a little snarky in your response to him...it was poor form to attack you back, especially when trying to showcase the games good community. 

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125

The game was ok, not much content when I tried it though, and there were a few racist community asshats in chat, other than that for a F2P game it's better than most out there if you don't mind whimsical type games.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

Originally posted by sonicsix
    Originally posted by Muddah Oh, I played DOMO please elaborate on what makes this a good community in your eyes?

You quit playing.

Lmao xD

• RetroTVRetroTV Member Posts: 5

Ignorance is no reason to be utterly stupid. Any time there is a question mark at the end of a sentence, it makes it a question.

Just remember, there are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

Yes MMORpg.com, I am a wimmen.

• monkeyrosemonkeyrose Member Posts: 5

I gage the community of a game in a couple of ways.

1. How active if the forum?

Domo's is very active. The players make great FAQs and guides. People don't put that much time and effort into a game they don't love. There are a few wise crackers, but good moderators keep the forums fun and helpful.

2. How active is the staff (GMs) in game?

I have seen, partied with, and chatted with all the GMs in Domo. It was all positive, they are fun, nice people.

3. How helpful are people in game?

This game is about relationships. You make friends due to fate lines connecting you to strangers. Some of my best domo friends came from fate lines. Having friends means having help for quests, questions, etc.

There is a team of Game Support (GS) players how hold multiple events every week. Races, duels, forum contests (art, snapshots, comics), hide and seek, and other events. New GSs are selected periodically and its a great way to have the community support itself.

There are often higher level players around that buff or give people items (I often help out new people).

Conclusion:

So the DOMO community is great, one of the best I have seen in a f2p game. And the game itself is great, or I wouldn't be playing.

• strawberriistrawberrii Member Posts: 1

Oof~ I'm so late to this thread >.< But yeah, DoMO is a really fun game. I'm still playing it up until today =3 I have to agree with monkeyrose on most of the things they posted. The only thing I couldn't agree with is about the GMs, and that's because I don't know too much about them xP All I know a little bit about are the game sages. They help to keep the community in-line and, in a way, keep the peace. One of them made a great example of that last night (or was it early morning? o.o; ) when an abuse of the Public Address System occurred. If DoMO were a family, I'd think of it like this:

Regular Players: The younger children - They look up to their older siblings and some are closer to them than others ; )

GSs: The older children - look after the young ones and spend more time with them than the parents since they have to work and what-not. They also represent the younger children when presenting issues and ideas to the parents.

GMs: The parents - They don't really have time to pay attention to every little thing that's going on in the children's lives since they do SO much. That's why they have to rely on the mature, older children's words every once in a while. After talking with them, they do their best to fix anything that could be even a little bit better in the household.

Well, that's pretty much all I had to say =) Forgive any spelling/grammatical errors.