Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No LAG!!!

I just want to say that i was extremely suprised that there is hardly no lag on the server i picked ( one with the 2nd most people playing on it). There was like 50 people in the same area and i got next to no lag... Blizzard supprised me and it makes me want to get this game ven more!

Playing: Vanguard SoH
Played: EQ, Planetside, SWG, WoW, EQ2

Comments

• yuruyuru Member Posts: 18
    I agree was exspecting to lag all over the place havnt even got a spike yet.
  • ZimokZimok Member Posts: 266

i had faith in blizzard!

---------------------------------
    Zimok - WoW - PvP Server
    Zimok - SWG - Bloodfin

---------------------------------
    Zimok - PS - Emerald
    Zimok - SWG - Bloodfin

• VakktnVakktn Member Posts: 746
    Zero lag on my server too (Mannoroth).... But they need to up the respawn rates for mobs they respawn to damn slow lol....

• GreenbirdGreenbird Member Posts: 8
    Agreed almost no lag but had a few spikes here and there. So far its been great.The citys are even lag free. Can walk into Stormwind without a drop in fps, although that doesn't show much because evey one's in the noob yards, which are lag free as well image

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

The minimal lag and server stability has completely shocked me. I was expecting a nightmare of trying to login and enduring endless server crashes. Instead I have no problems logging in, the server is rock stable, and the game is perfectly playable. Damn you blizzard for setting such high standards! =)

--------------------

Played: Asheron's Call 1, Dark Age of Camelot, Earth & Beyond, Star Wars Galaxies
    Tested: Asheron's Call 1, Asheron's Call 2, Dark Age of Camelot, Eve Online, Lineage 2, Risk Your Life, Saga of Ryzom
    Uninstalled ASAP: MU Online, Knight Online, Rubies of Eventide, Priston Tales, Star Sonata, DarkSpace

• GreyfaceGreyface Member Posts: 390

Same here.  Almost no lag - even in high population areas.  I'm amazed.  I did not expect to be able to play.

• MegaWolfMegaWolf Member Posts: 425

And the Servers Load so fast its amazing... the technology now can only get better and in the future people will be like... "what is Lag?"

• RandumassRandumass Member Posts: 100
    Hahah this is great I was also expecting alot of lag but now I only lag when I died and trun into a ghost which i can handle. I hope to see you all in the game!

-Randumass-
    "When money talks, the truth is silent"
    -Russian saying

-Randumass-

• sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684
    The first server I tried was the most populated one (Meylog or something like that?). There was lots of lag on that one in, in the human starter anyways, and it wasn't just me. Then I went to another server and that one had no lag. Think the first one had around 2600 people at the time compared to 1500-1800 for the others. 2600 people doesn't seem like too large a number for a server to be lagging as much as it was, but maybe they were having some problems or something.. who knows.

• Red_RiderRed_Rider Member Posts: 261

It`s not the 2600 people on the server, its the 2600 newbies all in the newbie zones that cause the lag.  Even there it was quite reasonable on my machine and within a few days people will start spreading out and lag will disappear.  I am totally in awe of the tech side of this game.

Finished the excuses of companies that its normal for a MMORPG to be unplayable at launch.  City of Heroes did it and now WoW which will probable have the most massive launch so for in the MMORPG, looks capable of a very nice launch.

• j-monsterj-monster Member Posts: 1,060
    I dident get into the stress test!!imageimageimageimage *runs away crying* P.S i feed my printer grapes

• Desperado206Desperado206 Member Posts: 34

I've played many mmorpgs ...

AC1, AC2, DAoC, EQ, FFXI, Shadowbane, SWG and now WoW....  I haven't felt this way about a mmorpg since AC1 (first mmorpg).

This game rules!!  and it has rekindled my passion for mmorpgs.

• phorimphorim Member Posts: 9

To Vakktn: The spawn rates will be fine when everyone isn't a newbie at the same time :) Those newbie zones were _packed_. Even with corpses galore and 50 people on the screen, no lag at 1280x1024 full detail. Gotta love it.

• SabataSabata Member Posts: 1

I have participated in many (most) mmorpg betas to date and can honestly say this stress test beta expirience has far exceeded my expectations. No lag to speak of, great gameplay. The only downside last night was the overcrowded noob areas and the KSing that was going on but that is to be expected due to the amount of ppl starting at the same time. Great Job Blizzard!! I would say this game is ready for release in my personal opinion (which dont mean much).

PS. In all honesty I have been (and still am) waiting patiently for a taste of EQII but WoW has certainly grabbed my attention :)

WTF?

• brian72282brian72282 Member UncommonPosts: 783

I'm running an Athlon XP 2000+ system with 256 megs of ram a 128 meg vid card and a 7200 rpm hard drive with a 3 meg internet connection. 1024x768 resolution on high video settings and all I was getting were lag spikes at around 12 AM EST. Not bad at all. While I don't doubt there's a TON of lag, their code is covering it up QUITE well. Anyone complaining of lag should read this thread and read what I'm running. If they're running anything higher than mine, then they need to get a new ISP :P

Im pretty sure im gonna get this game if it comes out b4 EQ2

• LugnardLugnard Member Posts: 474

Yea this game is amazingly stable and has very little lag. The only time I had lag was on the first day and I had set the Far Clip mode to max (instant lag, don't do it). I quickly changed it back to normal and I've been getting 60 fps ever since with 0 server lag.

Blizzard did an amazing job!

• JennysMindJennysMind Member UncommonPosts: 869

The other criticism of this game was that it looked too cartoony. But Blizzard did a wonderful job mixing the colors and lighting. Plus some of the towns are amazingly beautiful and they still kept it in a Warcraft setting. I am very impressed, especially for a game that hasn't even gone open beta yet. Blizzard's closed beta is working better than some games I've played that have been live for 2 year.

Blizzard does it again! You can count on Blizzard for making games that rock.

• brian72282brian72282 Member UncommonPosts: 783

Blizzard is pulling all the stops out to get the game out, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. Blizzard is notorious for delaying games right on the verge of release. If you're a fan of Warcraft, or if you play the open beta and like the game, i suggest you wait. EQ2 is going to be a waste of time and money. The community and customer server are the worst in the industry, where as WoW's is among the top. There's lots of people like me who have already formed guild web sites in anticipation of the open beta! Yes, EQ2 has the same, but it's mostly of people who played EQ1. In any case, if you want to get some links to the community, send me a PM on the boards. I'll send you all the ones I know of.

I mean look at this...
    Thats me flying btw ::::01::

But i got no lag doing this at all... It looked amazing and i have never seen this done in a game... im sure its there in other games but this is a firsat for me!