Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it ok to buy factions first??

snowytechnasnowytechna Member Posts: 185

I am going to buy atm actually I am currently at the NC soft site.....I've heard that factions is not great is it alright to buy that, I love playing an assassin :p. Is Assassin a good class for beginners? Suggestions would be nice :p.

Comments

• Devildog1Devildog1 Member Posts: 494

Hey if you wanna play an assassin that is the only way to do so in GW.  All classes are easy to learn in GW so go ahead. IIRC you have to buy the other two games to go to those maps and also get that content.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

Since you want to play an Assassin, you will need Factions to play one as you said. Therefore you have no choice but to purchase that campaign. I personally think it is the "worst" of the campaigns, but many enjoy it. Like all professions, with time you'll learn how to play the Assassin. Good luck.

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

I bought NF first. NF is best PvE, factions is best PvP. I only bought prophecies was for the extra skills, its terrible imo.

best class for beginers = Mage or warrior

My blog: image

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

Mage?..

I loved Prophecies...easily the best storyline of the lot in my opinion.

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210
    Originally posted by Consensus

I bought NF first. NF is best PvE, factions is best PvP. I only bought prophecies was for the extra skills, its terrible imo.

best class for beginers = Mage or warrior

Mage?  

Do you mean Elementalist or Mesmer?

imageimage

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

Prophecies for the better story.

Nightfall for EZ mode Heroes.

Factions for uhhh Assassins and PvP.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Assassin's may actually be one of the trickier professions as a beginner since it puts you in the frontline, where you'll be taking lots of damage, but without the high armor that Warriors have. I would however recommend Nightfall for heroes - which you'll come to love - the outstanding missions that by far exceed both prophecies and factions such and that you become competitive in PvP; thanks to the fact that you got access to (almost) all skills for Paragon and Dervish you can play these without coming across problems of not having access to skills too often. Nightfall is the by far best in every aspect, and easiest for beginners - buy it.

• kingtommyboykingtommyboy Member Posts: 543

ye sure go ahead ^^!

I think you lvl much faster in factions

assasins are way to overpowered ^^

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    waiting for ... nothing..

• iainiiaini Member Posts: 52

gotta agree with godliest...

I love my 'sin, done more with my assassin than my other alts by far.. but the class is a bit tricky to play when you first try it... As many say, Nightfall is a great place to start.. I tend to agree with this mindset.. it has the most level progression / difficulty ratio.. but if you want an assassin you don't have much choice but to pick up Factions.. I liked Factions, but it is most certainly the shortest PVE campaign of the 3.

since you're wanting an assasin, just repeat this mantra to yourself a few dozen times: I am not a tank

>_> <_< ^_^

• zonzaizonzai Member Posts: 358

Assassins are my second favorite profession (ele being my first).  The reason I like both classes is that they have a diverse set of usable strategies available to them (moreso than say a warrior or necromancer) and they deal a great deal of damage.  No other classes really combine killing power with strategy as well.  It is true though that the assassin takes more skill than the elementalist. Fortunately, you will be introduced to new skills slowly enough that you will be able to figure it out without too much difficulty. 

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Originally posted by iaini
    (same talk which was irrelevant for my quotation)
    since you're wanting an assasin, just repeat this mantra to yourself a few dozen times: I am not a tank

Assassins are often looked down on since after the release of Factions a common fault was for the most assassins to charge into combat, gain all aggro and - due to their lower armor - die. This made the assassins quite renown for it and if you want to get respected (and don't die) then you'll have to learn that. The first rule for every assassin is that they are not tanks!