Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Coming soon - Runescape Graphic update/fullscreen version

wise_old_manwise_old_man Member Posts: 8

I'm amazed on how the full screen rs will look i can't wait

go to  www.runescape.com for the development diary

To play RuneScape's new detail level you will need:

* 1.5 GHz processor or higher

* 256MB of RAM or more

* 64MB 3D Graphics card, such as Nvidia(R) GeForce(TM) 3 or above

fullscreen picture

The (optional) fullscreen mode will scale the game up to your monitor's native (32-bit colour) resolution and the field of view adjusts for widescreen resolutions – it also supports 2x and 4x anti-aliasing to help smooth off edges. Playing the game in fullscreen mode allows you to more fully immerse yourself within the game, as Mod Farley says, “It feels more like you're in the world now, instead of looking at it through a window.”

now water wont look just like a huge blue blanket

Deciding to create a whole new level is one thing, but creating all of the objects on that level is something else entirely. We had to find a way to model the bottom parts of everything in water – shorelines, rocks, reeds, boats – as only the top portions of those objects exist in the other detail modes. Mod Nick says, “The Tools team built a system into our map editing software to automatically generate any ground underwater, which Graphics could then then tweak if they needed to."

------------

As we said in Behind the Scenes – June, we're not currently planning any more game updates to RuneScape this month, but that doesn't mean we're taking time off ourselves or relaxing just yet. The whole company is working hard on the new detail mode's finishing touches, July's other updates and content beyond that. As the saying goes, 'There's no rest for the wicked'. Andrew concludes with, “Altogether, I am massively pleased with this update, but there's always more we can do. RuneScape needs to constantly evolve to remain a state-of-the-art online game, so we're already planning future graphical improvements...”

www.runescape.com 

me i cant wait for this update

More quik pictures.

www.runescape.com

www.runescape.com

www.runescape.com

Comments

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

I agree it's nice graphics and it will probably attract some players but another thread about this was made. Oh and be prepared for people saying the game is dead, etc.

?

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Looks nice....was already a good looking game for its time and style, but as they said with the changing demands of consumers and technology you gotta upgrade to keep old players interests and attract new players!

Might have to go back once this releases and take a look around!

• TheGreyManTheGreyMan Member Posts: 325

looks pretty decent. is it still a web browser?

Originally posted by TheGreyMan

looks pretty decent. is it still a web browser?

Yup with just a little more RAM and stuff needed. You will still be able to play on the old version though.

?

• deolawdeolaw Member Posts: 2

i cant wait!!

everyone add me "firstpioneer"

william

• wise_old_manwise_old_man Member Posts: 8

yea the thing i will like most is the full screen version ill never play on the website again :)lol

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

Ehh...I'll stick with Vanguard where people actually have faces

• Matt269Matt269 Member Posts: 124

Well it's an improvement. But the people really do need faces. So Runescape still has a long way to go if it wants to catch up with other games. I might have to check it out though. What I really dislike about these new updates is that they are focusing so much on making the npcs look better but not player's characters. There is also much room for improvement on the surface textures.

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359
    Originally posted by Matt269

Well it's an improvement. But the people really do need faces. So Runescape still has a long way to go if it wants to catch up with other games. I might have to check it out though. What I really dislike about these new updates is that they are focusing so much on making the npcs look better but not player's characters. There is also much room for improvement on the surface textures.

I agree, Their priorities with the game seem like they are always backwards, People care what their toon looks like not the monsters they are killing. They will never actually catch up with todays graphics, because todays graphics keep getting better and they will always be behind. But that is just the thing, people do not play runescape for it's graphics, they never have and they never will.. They played it for the player freedoms, which they removed from the game so even if they made it look like AoC without the gameplay ... it still will be a "stripped" game.  The players need faces the bodies need major work, the hairstyles and the armor needs a major overhaul in design,  but instead they work on the world itself when every player when they play stares at their faceless noob more than anything else in the entire game. Doh!

• exel134exel134 Member Posts: 41

look in the webstie the faces have changed i'll get a pic wait..... here http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii109/exel134/?action=view&current=head_new.gif

hmmmm

• Jordy1Jordy1 Member Posts: 4

The new Dev Diary is fantastic!

Plz visit all: http://www.runescape.com/kbase/view.ws?guid=diary08b

Originally posted by exel134

my bad go here http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii109/exel134/head_new.gif

You could've just edited your other post..

?

• K33n0K33n0 Member Posts: 80

The full-screen version looks good, but the toolbars dont look to practical, it may not help things like alching, where there are a lot of clicks.

Apart from that, awesome! It may rekindle my interest in RS again!

• wise_old_manwise_old_man Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by K33n0

The full-screen version looks good, but the toolbars dont look to practical, it may not help things like alching, where there are a lot of clicks.
    Apart from that, awesome! It may rekindle my interest in RS again!

just use auto clicker for alching hehehehehe but anyways i agree its gonna be good

• TanimataTanimata Member Posts: 9

About your comment on the armor the armor and characters can be drawn on ms paint. Look it up on youtube.