Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

prob going to pick this up tonight, looking for help on a server, clan, etc.

jeep21243jeep21243 Member Posts: 178

I have heard that Kain has a high NA population, but im looking for any help that a new player may need.

I played this game on the hindemith server 4 years ago at launch and am looking to come back. I plan on playing a Kameal Arbolest so i have that at least figured out.  What im looking for is which server to play on, if any of you have a larger newb friendly guild with lots of members, hopefully Vent or TS that i might be able to hang out with, id love to join ya.  Im a fairly social person and would like to get back in to this and meet some new people.  I read in other posts that you really need a good guild to have any fun or stick with this game for any period of time, so any help on that would be greatly appreciated.  I have a lot of time to play, im 26 so you wont need to worry about my maturity (too much..) and would love to meet some new friends.

anywho thanks in advance

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

My advice would be to go to Bartz if you want a higher pop NA server.

The rest is up to you.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

take the newest server i played on it and its less buggy

• ListofListof Member Posts: 155

The newest server (Luna) is Euro and all in-game events are set up to Euro time, so unless that interests you, don't go on the newest server. On the other hand, there are a lot of low level players there atm, so it would give you the opportunity to level up with people instead of joining a server where most are already high level.

Bartz has the highest and most active NA server population. I definitely suggest going there, but I will give you a bit of forewarning though - Most of the Bartz players don't use the forums, either on official or not-so-official. The official Bartz forum is pretty much dead and the people that use the forums on the popular un-official site are the top level pvpers who just like to smack-talk each other. So finding a clan on Bartz using the forums only will probably bring you no luck. Once you get into Dion and start meeting people I'm sure you'll be able to find a clan.

Hindemith is actually one of the top 3 NA servers, but even at that, it's only got about half the players that Bartz does. But depending on how high your characters are / how much gear you have, you might want to stay there.

Another suggestion is Lionna. I only suggest it because they are very active on official forums and you could have a clan within a day of posting there. The majority of the population on Lionna is casual and low level, so there's not much in the way of actual competitiveness and pvp. It's one of the lower population servers. There used to be a very active high level player base on Lionna, but most quit or transferred to Bartz. Now there's not much going on there, but like I said, they have a lot of friendly people on the official forums if finding a clan easily is your main goal. And if you're into roleplay or casual play, Lionna would probably be a good server for you.

Population wise, the servers are ranked like this:

1. Bartz

2. Devianne

3. Hindemith

4. Kain

5. Lionna

6. Gustin

7. Erica

8. Sieghardt

Basically, # 4-7 are all within just a few hundred players of each other, while Bartz is wayyyy more and Sieg is practically non-existent. Dev and Hind can have a lot of players at times too... I think there's a lot of Euros on Hinde so during Euro hours they might actually pass Devianne.

And I know this post is several days late but maybe it'll help someone else out. :)

• BlomiBlomi Member Posts: 200

Servers are merging, announced today.  Hindemith & Gustin will merge to become equal in numbers to Bartz, which is currently the highest North American population server.  No more "Go to Bartz" advice is required, now you have a choice :D