Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard's new marketing campaign!

gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712

I thought this was hilarious... from the actual Vanguard site.  http://vanguard.station.sony.com/

here is a screenie

Comments

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

thats funny. thanx for that. god if only they realized how many ways you could run with that phrase lol.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712

the funny part to me was the fact there is an Age of Conan add at the bottom :p

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

although ill admit GU 5 does a lot of code specific fixes. any people who are playing now "that have a decent rig set up" can vogue whether or not GU 5 fixed/improved certain aspects to gameplay?

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356

I am not sure why there is an Age of Conan advertising banner on the Vanguard site. Perhaps SOE needs the revenue stream augmented for Vanguard?

Or maybe.....gasp......SOE is buying Age of Conan.

Originally posted by nakuma

although ill admit GU 5 does a lot of code specific fixes. any people who are playing now "that have a decent rig set up" can vogue whether or not GU 5 fixed/improved certain aspects to gameplay?

You are missing the point of this post.. which was there is a

FREAKIN AGE OF CONAN ADD AT THE BOTTOM 

LOL

but to answer your question,

Yea Vanguard is running like a charm right now.  I am playing it and having a blast.  I can run it almost max settings on my old  puter with my shwag 8800 gt 320.   I have not seen any hitching since GU5 and am very pleased so far.  IMO it is just starting to come into it's own and is the best MMO on the market right now.

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396
    Originally posted by ghettobooste

Originally posted by nakuma

You are missing the point of this post.. which was there is a

LOL

but to answer your question,

Yea Vanguard is running like a charm right now.  I am playing it and having a blast.  I can run it almost max settings on my old  puter with my shwag 8800 gt 320.   I have not seen any hitching since GU5 and am very pleased so far.  IMO it is just starting to come into it's own and is the best MMO on the market right now.

Mabye to say "Hey AoC has millions of instances while VG only has a few!"

• declaredemerdeclaredemer Member Posts: 2,698

I suspected the SOE corporation was not committed to making Vanguard a competitive player.

I know have yet more evidence that points to this theory of mine. 

• KesranKesran Member Posts: 88

*cough*fake*cough*

----------------------------
    Hundreds of years from now, it will not matter what size my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove... But the world may be different because I did something so bafflingly crazy that my ruins become a tourist attraction.

• TheGreyManTheGreyMan Member Posts: 325
    Originally posted by Kesran

*cough*fake*cough*

cough* no its not * cough

http://www.joinvanguard.com/en/

*cough*fake*cough*

I posted a link... look at it for yourself  http://vanguard.station.sony.com/

Originally posted by declaredemer

I suspected the SOE corporation was not committed to making Vanguard a competitive player.

I know have yet more evidence that points to this theory of mine. 

That... or maybe Funcom is realizes it made the majority of the money they are going to make on box sales and doesn't want incur the costs of running the game for years with little to no Subs. 

Could SOE really be buying AoC?

• Riho06Riho06 Member Posts: 431

No it's not fake, why they have an AoC banner at the bottom is beyond me.

While this is funny it doesn't really impact the people who play Vanguard, the people playing are having an excellent time(including me). I play AoC and Vanguard and for some reason my WoW account is still open but logging on to WoW is allot harder nowadays with 2 very entertaining games out there.

Vanguards launch was horrible, it wasn't ready to go especially in the most important aspects...performance. I'm using the same computer today that I did in Vanguard Beta and I hate to admit it but SOE has worked wonders with performance while leaving the immense world intact. In short, Vanguard does run like a dream now minus 'chunking'. Going between server zones still hitches you a bit(lasting a second) then you're on your way.

If Vanguard was launched in this condition, there's no telling what it would've accomplished by now. It's a solid game for people who like outdoor( 0 instances) dungeons. If you haven't seen a mid-upper level dungeon in Vanguard you're missing out, they're freaking huge.

I have. Just the usual SOE weblinks and partnership advertising at the bottom of the page. In the posted screenshot, for example, it would seem the advert has even overwritten the ESRB rating which I'm pretty sure they are required to show. But thats by the by - people following the link can see for themselves, as you say, the veracity of the 'screenshot'.

Hundreds of years from now, it will not matter what size my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove... But the world may be different because I did something so bafflingly crazy that my ruins become a tourist attraction.

• Thor_LeifsonThor_Leifson Member Posts: 85

Hahahaha, looks like they pulled the ad.

Or maybe it's just blocked for me. AoC makes baby Jesus cry.

BTW, I'm giving Vanguard a second shot at the moment and having HUGE graphical issues with the game. Some of the same problems I had over a year and a half ago at the end of Beta. Are there any serious UI/graphic fixes out there? As it stands, I'd almost rather chew ground glass than play Vanguard because of the problems but I want to try and muddle through so I can give the game a legitimate review.

I have. Just the usual SOE weblinks and partnership advertising at the bottom of the page. In the posted screenshot, for example, it would seem the advert has even overwritten the ESRB rating which I'm pretty sure they are required to show. But thats by the by - people following the link can see for themselves, as you say, the veracity of the 'screenshot'.

I did not doctor that screenshot in anyway... plus there are multiple people verifying it is there.

• Riho06Riho06 Member Posts: 431
    Originally posted by Thor_Leifson

BTW, I'm giving Vanguard a second shot at the moment and having HUGE graphical issues with the game.

What sort of Graphics issues?

• Thor_LeifsonThor_Leifson Member Posts: 85

It was real. The advertisement banner is run by cgm.adbureau.net, not Sony. SO anyone who pays could conceivably get an ad to show up at the bottom of the Vanguard page; even Dick Cheney. :p

• jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

I did not doctor that screenshot in anyway... plus there are multiple people verifying it is there.

Im looking at it clear as day right now, its real!

I have no idea why or how but its real.

-Jive

• warrorwarror Member Posts: 270

LOL. Yeah they really shouldn't have that age of conan as there. Why are the characters so ugly I don't want to ever play this game because the toons don't look right.

Odd then , that neither it nor any other ad appears at the bottom whenever I load up that page.....

• jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262
    Originally posted by warror

LOL. Yeah they really shouldn't have that age of conan as there. Why are the characters so ugly I don't want to ever play this game because the toons don't look right.

In Aoc? or vanguard?

-Jive

• JTJT Member Posts: 401
    Originally posted by Thor_Leifson

Hahahaha, looks like they pulled the ad.

Or maybe it's just blocked for me. AoC makes baby Jesus cry.

BTW, I'm giving Vanguard a second shot at the moment and having HUGE graphical issues with the game. Some of the same problems I had over a year and a half ago at the end of Beta. Are there any serious UI/graphic fixes out there? As it stands, I'd almost rather chew ground glass than play Vanguard because of the problems but I want to try and muddle through so I can give the game a legitimate review.

Check out the forums and see if maybe they have something there to help you out.  I bought a new system for the release of VG, but still couldn't run it all that well at the time.  Now I run with graphics maxed with little problems.  I've read two different definitions of what the hitching is.. to me it's where the game hangs for a second or two when going from one "zone", "chunk" or whatever you want to call it.  It still does that to me with no change from when it did it in release, but it beats the hell out of instancing all the time.  I wish you luck in your problem, Thor.  I've heard bad things about, I believe it's the 8500 serious vidcard with games like AoC and VG.

• radtweakradtweak Member Posts: 83
    Originally posted by jiveturkey12

Originally posted by warror

In Aoc? or vanguard?

-Jive

I assume he means Vanguard.. there really is no comparison when it comes to character models between AoC and Vannie

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

Why is everyone adding an extra D to Ad? 

• sbantingsbanting Member Posts: 238

Maybe they have the AoC ad because they know anyone that trys AoC will come to Vanguard lol, damn most of the ppl on there went to AoC, hated it, and come to Vanguard and love it!

Characters will be updated in GU6 by the way, then you can love your toon .....