Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So GuildWars is a $170 investment

2»

Comments

• Par-SalianPar-Salian Member Posts: 284

Originally posted by JayBirdz

I am really sorry to the op for being off topic.  But why do several people and the title refer to buying a game as an investment?  

For me, it's an investment towards my sanity.

• JayBirdzJayBirdz Member Posts: 1,017
    Originally posted by Par-Salian

I am really sorry to the op for being off topic.  But why do several people and the title refer to buying a game as an investment?  

For me, it's an investment towards my sanity.

Hmm, fair enough. I was just curious. 

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

I am really sorry to the op for being off topic. But why do several people and the title refer to buying a game as an investment?

You invest in it to get fun out of it?

• ZurinZurin Member Posts: 3

The reason I view it as an investment:

April, 2005

Guild Wars: $50

World of Warcraft: 15*8(First month is free)= $125

Guild Wars: $100 (Factions and Nightfall)

World of Warcraft: 15*12= $180

Guild Wars: $40 (Eye of the North)

*World of Warcraft: $50 (Burning Crusade) + 15*12= $230

June, 2008

Guild Wars: $0

World of Warcraft: 6*15= $90

Total so far

Guild Wars = $190

*World of Warcraft = $625

-----------

*Of course I am assuming the WoW player pays month by month, or it would be slightly cheaper.

Anyway, I view it as an investment because it significantly cheaper it pays (fun, excitement, GLORY!) for itself much faster, and if you are dissatisfied then the cost is not that much of a burden

• RommeliRommeli Member Posts: 65

GW really is low investment. I bought many later expansions on cheaper prize and many months after they were released.

I still consider it one of my best games i bought, moneywise. But right now AOC takes time away from that game, but will return to it later on.

Missions are very nice and varied, getting new elite skills from bosses i like more than just loot, thinking builds and PvP. Theres lot of things to do.

Played: Quite a few Mmos
    Playing: Something

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Bought all champaigns just to play on random arenas.. and its well worth it.

• sokkyusokkyu Member Posts: 92

Many a good times were had on Guild Wars and probably a few more good ones until Guild Wars 2 arrives. Besides the good gaming experience I could spend hours just talking to people since it's a pretty decent community not to mention looking alot nicer than most messaging programs lol.