Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So you think theyl make AoC a perssistant world or will it still be instanced

SlovencSlovenc Member Posts: 290

what do u think will it be isntanced and will still need to talk to a npc to go to another zone or will one day be able to just walk through a zone i mean yea its a game changing idie but they could try it xD

Comments

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

It will most likely stay as is due to it coming out for the 360

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• SlovencSlovenc Member Posts: 290

to bad that and many other things but that specificly to me ruined the game i mean whats the point of a mmorpg if it isnt mmo lol

• chryseschryses Member UncommonPosts: 1,453

Hard call in some ways.  It goes to show that you can have a vast expanding world but the graghics / performance has to suffer.  Jack up the graghics and there is no way they can have a world without instances.

However I know that once broadband and PC's are approximately x4 more powerful and fast then we should get to a point where a game like AoC will have a vast instance free world like Vanguard but only bigger. 

Technically I have no idea what goes into taking out loading screens.  It would mean a ton of coding to build additional scenery to join up the zones.  However by that time another MMO will come out bigger and better.

• daylight01daylight01 Member Posts: 2,250

There is no way this game will change,it will always be instanced thats is the way it is made,they sacrificed the constent world and went to instanced for the graphic's,yep they said that themselve's,I quote"we enjoy nice graphics and I am sure our player base will also so we had to instance the zone's to make this possible"

What you see now is what you get...

If someone had came up to me in 1980 when I was on my Atari 2600 and said we will be playing games with thousands of people at the same time.I guess my response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/235780/page/8

• UgaritUgarit Member Posts: 213

I'm afraid they can't .

People think it's because this game has been created for Xbox

don't know, i never bought an xbox (don't have ps2/3)

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

there is a possibility they made it this way for a reason to fit some of the ambitious stuff. I haven't played the game though just speculating.

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

it doesnt bother me that its instanced. its not like it takes several minutes to load. relax.

• mehhemmehhem Member Posts: 653
    Originally posted by Slovenc

what do u think will it be isntanced and will still need to talk to a npc to go to another zone or will one day be able to just walk through a zone i mean yea its a game changing idie but they could try it xD

It won't change.  Too much coding probably to do that, and why fix it, its fine.  Work on the classes and quests, crafting, ect.  That stuff is more important than if its a persistent world or not. 

Originally posted by silverreign

it doesnt bother me that its instanced. its not like it takes several minutes to load. relax.

Well since your xfire says you played a whole 1 hour this week I am sure it doesnt bother you,you probally never zoned this week at all,try when you are level 52 say and have to get from ep mountains to the noble district and tell me it doesnt matter...

If someone had came up to me in 1980 when I was on my Atari 2600 and said we will be playing games with thousands of people at the same time.I guess my response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

• BanokBanok Member Posts: 38

er. you talk ot npc or walk in door/gate/boat to zone.

you talking about in the future or something?

Dear Game Developers,

Nerf Rock.
    Paper is fine though.

Regards,

Scissors.

Originally posted by mehhem

It won't change.  Too much coding probably to do that, and why fix it, its fine.  Work on the classes and quests, crafting, ect.  That stuff is more important than if its a persistent world or not. 

yea i know it is but whats the point of paying a monthly fee for a mmo that actualy isnt a mmo lol they should'ev just release a singelplayer cause this is what it is now... just saying this isnt a game bashing or anything just my thoughts

• chryseschryses Member UncommonPosts: 1,453
    Originally posted by silverreign

Yea nor me but still the question stands, will they get rid of loading screens...

they probable wount lol... how long does it take to load anyway

they probable wount lol... how long does it take to load anyway

Well it could only take maybe 30 secs or sometimes it could take a bit longer,Also like I said in my 1st post if you go from ep mountains to the noble district you will go through 6 zone's aswell as alot of travelling,so yes then it matters.

• ThaigirlThaigirl Member Posts: 7

“Persistent world” I’m pretty sure that mean any game where you cannot save your progress and start over. In other words the game started at one point in time and every one who plays it continues on a straight path through the game for example you don’t reload or pause the action.

Online games that have zones, I’d say this is fairly common, Everquest 2 has zones, City of Heroes, City of Villains, Eve Online, even World of Warcraft has zones in the form of the two continents, Outland, and the starting areas for the last two races added. I’m not certain where you would get an idea that MMO’s don’t have zones?

Instances once again even World of Warcraft has instances; Dungeons and raids in that game take place in an instance. City of Heroes and Villains relies heavily on instances and like Age of Conan has multiple instances of busy zones, it has never been an issue raised with that game. Every online game on the market has features you are going to like and probably some you’ll hate, it’s not the developer’s job to try and please everyone.

In the end you look at an MMO’s feature set and decide for yourself if you wish to play or not, if it has to many things you don’t care for, then I’m sure with the size of the market currently you can find another game you prefer.
    Originally posted by Thaigirl

“Persistent world” I’m pretty sure that mean any game where you cannot save your progress and start over. In other words the game started at one point in time and every one who plays it continues on a straight path through the game for example you don’t reload or pause the action.

Online games that have zones, I’d say this is fairly common, Everquest 2 has zones, City of Heroes, City of Villains, Eve Online, even World of Warcraft has zones in the form of the two continents, Outland, and the starting areas for the last two races added. I’m not certain where you would get an idea that MMO’s don’t have zones?

Instances once again even World of Warcraft has instances; Dungeons and raids in that game take place in an instance. City of Heroes and Villains relies heavily on instances and like Age of Conan has multiple instances of busy zones, it has never been an issue raised with that game. Every online game on the market has features you are going to like and probably some you’ll hate, it’s not the developer’s job to try and please everyone.

In the end you look at an MMO’s feature set and decide for yourself if you wish to play or not, if it has to many things you don’t care for, then I’m sure with the size of the market currently you can find another game you prefer.

My god m8 have you even played AoC?

I think  tbh,the zonning in this game is far apart from the likes of WoW,I suggest you play the game 1st then add your thought's to topics like this,at the moment your thought's come across as very uneducated.

i played in the fileplanet open beta, then bought the game and played since launch day, i don't know about anyone else but i can travel between zones just as fast in AoC as i could between the difffent zones in the city of Qeynos when i played Everquest 2.

• VolvinoVolvino Member UncommonPosts: 79

Originally posted by daylight01

Originally posted by Thaigirl

My god m8 have you even played AoC?

I think  tbh,the zonning in this game is far apart from the likes of WoW,I suggest you play the game 1st then add your thought's to topics like this,at the moment your thought's come across as very uneducated.

Chill mann

I think Thaigirl is bringing up some useful general thoughs about zoning in MMOs, and really I dont think its that bad in Age of Conan for many reasons. First of all, Im pretty sure that my computer couldnt run the game, if it should load the whole crap at once. Also there are zones where you can do PvP, and zones where you cant, and because of this system I never think they will make the game less instanced.

can I ask what level you are,as I know that traveling from the like's of ep mountains to the noble district takes way to long (unless you jump off a cliff and res nearer the spot)I mean 6 zone's alot(i do mean alot)of ingame travel just to reach your spot and some of the quests just send you right back again......

I have an Aquilonian Conqueror that I have worked up to 44, a couple of days ago I canceled my subscription, the issues I have with the game rise more from features not working correctly or broken, such as: skills, feats, abilities, combos, and crafting than the game design itself. I am open to the idea of returning in a few months time when some of the bugs currently present have been ironed out.
  • who cares?  other then having to change instances on occasion, the game plays like any other mmo.  If the instancing is that big of a deal to you, then imo you've got issues.

• bachanambachanam Member Posts: 335

to bad that and many other things but that specificly to me ruined the game i mean whats the point of a mmorpg if it isnt mmo lol

but it is massively-multiplayer (i see people Everywhere, All the time), and it is online obviously

it is also an rpg, especially since it's the first game to specifically design the first 1/4 of it's levels to be 75%-90% solo singleplayer, and the amount of detail, explanation, and immersion in terms of the destiny quests, is just perfect for that. Dont say it isnt immersive without first admitting it's more immersive than most 3d mmorpgs.

What other game took 20 levels (and another 40 levels of destiny quests) to fully explain in a pretty much Customized area that your character is a god? LOL I mean these other games, the npc's just start off with "go murder these 25 of this guy and 30 of those guys, in their main fortress, by yourself, hurry, go go go what are you waiting for you stupid player?" LOL but in AoC its "You were marked for death, your soul was going to be consumed, your destiny lead you to this island, out of your chained shackles, you bear the mark of doom, your power's are stronger than almost all others, thats why you were chosen with the mark, you arent strong right now, but you're stronger than whats on this part of the island, you need to learn how to become who you are meant to be, whether a hero or not, you are strong and you will be involved in this world" LOL

"Sometimes, things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. People are basically good. Honor, courage, virtue mean everything. Power and money, money and power mean nothing. Good always triumphs over evil. Love, True Love Never Dies."
    Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

my xfire hasnt been on. i have played for more than an hour. and just so you know, i have traveled it and know what, it doesnt matter. dont like it, quit. plain and simple.

• abbabaabbaba Member Posts: 1,143

It will always be instanced, to change it would require a massive redesign of core game mechanics, namely every single zone except Tortage and the capital cities, as well as all the mob spawns.

• warzone100warzone100 Member Posts: 63
    Originally posted by fyerwall

It will most likely stay as is due to it coming out for the 360

The 360 one is made by different people and will be on different servers.