Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Authentication Failure Error. Support does not answer and you cannot play the game(SOLVED with this

DekapitatorDekapitator Member UncommonPosts: 261

Just bought the game and registered my retail key with 30 days.

But funcom doesn't let me play the game!!!

I get the message Authentication Failure Error when I try to log in.

UNBELIEVABLE I just got the game and patched it and this happens. Contacted support but nothing. AWFUL experience.

Anyone has a clue on how to solve this ?????

Funcom does not know how.All this stuff didn't help me and many others.

forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php

Comments

• ZenekiaZenekia Member Posts: 14

My wife had a similar, but not the same problem.  We ultimately linked it to the key.  Customer service still hasn't replied (this was the first day the game was out) so we don't really think they  will.  However, we did return the game to the store claiming the cd was defective and the new key worked fine. 

Good luck to you on resolving your problem

BTW, we have both unsubbed now

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

First things I would check is that if you're on Vista, that you are running as admin, also check your firewall to make sure it's allowing AoC to connect.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• DekapitatorDekapitator Member UncommonPosts: 261

Originally posted by skeaser

First things I would check is that if you're on Vista, that you are running as admin, also check your firewall to make sure it's allowing AoC to connect.
    I'm running Win XP and the Firewall is allowing the game to connect.

Any other ideas?

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Dekapitator

Just bought the game and registered my retail key with 30 days.
    But funcom doesn't let me play the game!!!
    I get the message Authentication Failure Error when I try to log in.
    UNBELIEVABLE I just got the game and patched it and this happens. Contacted support but nothing. AWFUL experience.
    Anyone has a clue on how to solve this ?????
    Funcom does not know how.All this stuff didn't help me and many others.
    forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php

I sometimes get that message but another try with login and it works for me.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Just return it to the store like Zenekia claiming the Key doesn't work...they'll let you get another copy of it!  Then shortly after just quit like so many else have!  Isn't this sign enough to not wanna deal with Funcom....

• InzraInzra Member Posts: 679

I think I've had that error, I tried login in after awhile, a few minutes, and then it accepted.

Also I think I've had similar when I've had disconnects, either on my side or server side.

First I guess you have to check if you enter the correct username and password.

Also try avoid running other programs, and don't initiate/startup programs while you startup/load AoC. Close unnessecery programs running in your sys tray.

You could also check your account page and see if it says that you are actually registered.

It might be that your payment has not been approved, because it has to be correct even if you're only gonna play the free month.

You might also want to wait a day or even 2(?) to let their system update.

I think many have had the authentification error, and especially "wrong client version" error, with the latter I usually would get in by starting up the client again.

That's all I can think of atm, I don't know if any of this works, but just in case.

If you sent a mail to customer support they should get back to you in a few days I reckon, they answered my request about a day or two after I sent it.

I registered the retail key ont the account website. It was all good It said it gave me access to the European servers and gave 30 days free.

I even changed my in game password after getting this error.Authentication Failure Error :Attention passwords are case sensitive

Been like this for 2 days. I bought the game and cant play it.

I'm typing the password correctly and already gave my credit card info. Still nothing.

I'm pissed of and I'm gonna bump this thread everyday until my situation is resolved.

Hope they aren't counting my 30 days free yet that would be even worse.

• kaishi00kaishi00 Member Posts: 299

you can bet your ass your 30 days are already counting down lol.

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519

• heocatheocat Member UncommonPosts: 178

Step 1 return game

Step 2 try again

step 3 realize you shouldn't have bought it

Step 4 return again say still defective get another mmog if they let you exchange

alternate just do step 4 save yourself some grief.

GOOD LUCK you will need it

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519

Originally posted by Dekapitator

I registered the retail key ont the account website. It was all good It said it gave me access to the European servers and gave 30 days free.
    I even changed my in game password after getting this error.Authentication Failure Error :Attention passwords are case sensitive
    Been like this for 2 days. I bought the game and cant play it.
    I'm typing the password correctly and already gave my credit card info. Still nothing.
    I'm pissed of and I'm gonna bump this thread everyday until my situation is resolved.
    Hope they aren't counting my 30 days free yet that would be even worse.
    disregard my other post. this is straight from the FORUMS

Authentication Failure Error FAQ

Several user are receiving an Authentication Failure error when logging into the game. This error can be caused for several reason and has different solutions for each cause. Please read through this thread and follow the instructions to attempt to fix this error.

I. You failed to correctly register your retail CD Key.

You only need to do this if you have not registered the retail CD Key located on the back of you manual.

To do this please do the following:

Log into https://register.ageofconan.com and sign in using your Age of Conan account.
    At the top of your account maangement screen will be a notice "Attention Early Access players". Under this notice there is a box to enter in your Retail CD Key. This key can be located inside your retail box (usually on the manual). Click Submit Key after typing in the key.
    The next page should explain what you will gain with this key. At the bottom there should be a large red box (possibly 2). Click GO! next to the option that you want. I would suggest upgrading your current account so that you tie in your preorder bonuses.
    Click Upgrade Subscription on the next page.
    The next page should say: "Success - Upgrade Subscription - Subscription upgraded" in green. If it did you should now be able to log into your account.

II. You have the wrong client installed.

To check this please open up your LocalConfig.xml file located in your install directory. To open it right click and select Edit or right click and select Open With.. and pick Notepad. Your file should look something like this:

<HttpPatchAddr>
    http://aoc-us-update.live.ageofconan.com/upm </HttpPatchAddr>

<ClientHttpPatchAddr>
    http://aoc-us-gameupdate.live.ageofconan.com/upm </ClientHttpPatchAddr>

<ControlHttpPatchAddr>
    http://aoc-us-control.live.ageofconan.com/upm </ControlHttpPatchAddr>

<HttpPatchFolder> AoCLiveUS </HttpPatchFolder>

<UniverseAddr> aoc-us-um.live.ageofconan.com:7000 </UniverseAddr>

<DevName> conan </DevName>

<UniverseVersion> 2 </UniverseVersion>

<PatchVersion> x47bb9b332ea75aaab1148f740472aa06 </PatchVersion>

Your patch version may be a different value so ignore that if it is. If your information is not the same as listed above you have the wrong client!
    If you are using the Beta Client, IGN PvP Client, or Gamespot PvP Client uninstall and install the correct client. If you attempt to connect to the live servers with any of the beta clients you will experience extereme performance issues and in most cases will not be able to connect.

IF AND ONLY IF you have a localconfig that looks like this:

<HttpPatchAddr>
    http://aoc-eu-update.live.ageofconan.com/upm </HttpPatchAddr>

<ClientHttpPatchAddr>
    http://aoc-eu-gameupdate.live.ageofconan.com/upm </ClientHttpPatchAddr>

<ControlHttpPatchAddr>
    http://aoc-eu-control.live.ageofconan.com/upm </ControlHttpPatchAddr>

<HttpPatchFolder> AoCLiveEU </HttpPatchFolder>

<UniverseAddr> aoc-eu-um.live.ageofconan.com:7000 </UniverseAddr>

<DevName> conan </DevName>

<UniverseVersion> 2 </UniverseVersion>

<PatchVersion> x47bb9b332ea75aaab1148f740472aa06 </PatchVersion>

Then replace it with the first one I listed. This will fix your problem!

III. Your connection is blocking port 7000.

Unfortunately this situation does not have an easy answer. There are several things that can be causing your client to be unable to connect to our server.

To see if this is actually what is wrong please go to your install directory and delete AgeofConan.log. Once it is deleted run ConanPatcher.exe, Press Play, and try to log into the game 5 times. Open up AgeofConan.log and look at the bottom of the log file. You should have 5 instaces of 1 of the following errors:

[21:01:51 #17033] ERROR Launcher - Got an Universe Manager authentication failure, errorcode 1
    [21:02:07 #17290] ERROR Launcher - Connection to the Universe Manager at "aoc-us-um.live.ageofconan.com:7000" failed

The first error message is caused because you are logging in with an invalid account. This is caused by using the wrong client, not upgrading your Retail Key properly, or typing in your password wrong. Please see the steps above to rectify this.

The second error is what we are looking for. That means that you are unable to connect to our server. To further test this you can try the following:

Open up the command prompt (Windows Button + R, Type cmd, Enter).
    telnet 208.82.194.8 7000
    If this is successful you should either get a telnet prompt or a new blank screen. If you can not connect you will receive a connection error. If you get an error please repeat the process for the following
    If all of these are successful please try the following: telnet aoc-us-um.live.ageofconan.com 7000

(VISTA USERS- Telnet does not come enabled on Vista. To enable it Click Start, Control Panel, Programs, and then Turn Windows Features on or off. In the list, scroll down and select Telnet Client. Click OK to start the installation.)

If you fail when doing this something is blocking port 7000. This is generally caused by your router. To fix this please try the following:

Please open ports 7000 TCP and 7001-7999 TCP and attempt to log into the game again. If you do not know how to do this please refer to your router manual and it should have a section on Port Forwarding.
    If opening the ports does not solve your problem please attempt to bypass your router. To do this plug your internet connection directly into your computer. Now try to launch the game and log in.
    If you are still having problems make sure that AgeofConan.exe has been given permission to bypass your firewall. If you do not know how to do this then temporarily disable your firewall and attempt to connect.
    If you are still having issues try and temporarily disable any internet monitoring/active scan part of your Anti Virus. This step is not recommended though as it will leave your computer vulnerable.
    Contact your ISP and make sure they are not blocking port 7000 TCP.

• ToolfanToolfan Member UncommonPosts: 80

I think and I'm not 100% positive but when you create your password and or change it, it also tells you to wait approxiamately 30 minutes before attempting to login. Had this issue when i first got the game, i then listened to their directions and Wala! it worked.

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

Originally posted by Toolfan

I think and I'm not 100% positive but when you create your password and or change it, it also tells you to wait approxiamately 30 minutes before attempting to login. Had this issue when i first got the game, i then listened to their directions and Wala! it worked.
    Aye, you have to wait 30+ minutes for it to work.

But the case he has may not be just due to that. It could be a blocked port or a number of other issues.

Good luck with support, you'd have better luck getting an answer from Helen Keller

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

This situation has been resolved with the help of the users of this forum and not funcom.

It was a minor issue in the games subscription that didn't allow me o play.

But now its all good. I am playing the game now.