Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ladies and Gents: the pre-cu Teras Kasi Warrior (video included)

Pjay2kPjay2k Member CommonPosts: 260

check this out, a pre-cu teras kasi video, one of those professions SOE took out with the NGE.

Check out all the players arround, that was one of the lower populated european servers. (I think by now swg has overall as many customers as those players on that server)

SOE thought that taking out all of those professions would be a great idea, since the game is too complex to be a success like world of warcraft.

SOE and NGE-Star Wars Galalaxies:
Raph Koster: "It's like dumping the girlfriend who has always been patient and loving to chase after the supermodel who probably won't love you back."

Comments

• deepdishdeepdish Member Posts: 28

The animations are terrible and the FPS is NOT good.

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

one of the few professions that needed to be beaten with the nerfstick till it was left twitching on the ground like the rest of the proffessions in the game...... they were so OP it was as bad as fighting a jedi

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• AvosAvos Member Posts: 69

I was a TKM on Lowca.  Good times.

• Plasuma!!!Plasuma!!! Member Posts: 1,872

Originally posted by tvalentine

one of the few professions that needed to be beaten with the nerfstick till it was left twitching on the ground like the rest of the proffessions in the game...... they were so OP it was as bad as fighting a jedi

I could beat a TKM as a swordsman. I did a few times... probably just as many times as I was utterly destroyed by one.

Wasn't nearly as bad as the BH eye shot spam, you have to admit.

Originally posted by Plasuma!!!

I could beat a TKM as a swordsman. I did a few times... probably just as many times as I was utterly destroyed by one.

Wasn't nearly as bad as the BH eye shot spam, you have to admit.

i agree, although didnt they nerf it down to make eye shot less OP? All i remember was that it was the most used skill by any BH then everyone seemed to go Rifleman/swords/TKM and BH was left behind as "last weeks" proffession. Atleast thats what i ovbserved on my server.

• Pants52Pants52 Member Posts: 68

i dont like you....

Brings back good memories of the best mmo ever

• MathosMathos Member Posts: 897

man was a tkm also

• hubertgrovehubertgrove Member Posts: 1,141

This is unfortunately exactly the kind of attitude that led to the NGE. 'Because I can't beat him, he must be nerfed...'.

Mate, it was easy to beat an TKM - IF YOU WERE A FENCER.

Once I got owned hard enough by ever TKM I met, I personally went over to the anti-TKM template - a Fencer with a Stun baton. After that, TKMs fell like ninepins.

However, the anti-Fencer template was a Swordsman with Hammer...

You just had to understand how the combat system worked - each of the main templates had a natural prey and a natural enemy.

TKM could beat Swordsman but not Fencer (usually ect)

Fencer could beat TKM but not Swordsman

Swordsman could be etc etc.

It was supposed to be the same with the ranged weapons professions but, of course, SOE was lazy and stupid and never fixed their weapons and defences.

Originally posted by hubertgrove

This is unfortunately exactly the kind of attitude that led to the NGE. 'Because I can't beat him, he must be nerfed...'.

Once I got owned hard enough by ever TKM I met, I personally went over to the anti-TKM template - a Fencer with a Stun baton. After that, TKMs fell like ninepins.

You just had to understand how the combat system worked - each of the main templates had a natural prey and a natural enemy.

It was supposed to be the same with the ranged weapons professions but, of course, SOE was lazy and stupid and never fixed their weapons and defences.

i was one of those ranged weapon users, so as you can probably guess, it was very tough going against melee. The only ranged proffession that stood a chance, was Rifleman i believe, and thats just because the proffession focused on the mind pool.

i was one of those ranged weapon users, so as you can probably guess, it was very tough going against melee. The only ranged proffession that stood a chance, was Rifleman i believe, and thats just because the proffession focused on the mind pool.

Pistols/Fencer would have given you enough Dodge to walk down a corridor of TKMs while sniffing a bunch of pink carnations withouth losing a petal.

Pistols/Fencer would have given you enough Dodge to walk down a corridor of TKMs while sniffing a bunch of pink carnations withouth losing a petal.

it didnt give me enough, i was a pistoleer/BH and CH (for kicks). I didnt hunt jedi, i just went into BH for eye shot and the pistol stats. Everytime they spammed their dizzy hits and i couldnt move, and i would eventually die. Actually looking back i remember being 1-2 hit by swordsman and riflemen when i was fully buffed ........ there really is no way you can say that was ok or not OP. The pre-cu i remember was buggy and unbalanced (unless you were one of the OP proffs), but it had a great foundation to build off of, im not mad because they took away my character and everything i worked for, im mad because they gave up on it.

it didnt give me enough, i was a pistoleer/BH and CH (for kicks). I didnt hunt jedi, i just went into BH for eye shot and the pistol stats. Everytime they spammed their dizzy hits and i couldnt move, and i would eventually die. Actually looking back i remember being 1-2 hit by swordsman and riflemen when i was fully buffed ........ there really is no way you can say that was ok or not OP. The pre-cu i remember was buggy and unbalanced (unless you were one of the OP proffs), but it had a great foundation to build off of, im not mad because they took away my character and everything i worked for, im mad because they gave up on it.

I actually went Pistoleer/Fencer for a while plus a lot of Dodge tapes. A very good rifleman could only hit me with one shot in ten. TKMs, as I said, could never make those KD/Dizzies hit. The only trouble was because SOE never fixed any of the Pistoleer specials, I couldn't do any damage. It was always amazing to me how SOE could both create dazzlingly inventive new concepts and yet refused to do the basic grunt work to make those concepts work. Can you imagine how much fun Smuggler could have been if;

- Smuggler specials worked;

- Players had been arrestable by Imp NPCs for using spice unless their friendly neighbourhood smuggler had made them a 'scanner shield'

- Smuggler ships could be interdicted by the authorities and searched whenever smugglers went off planet.

But, oh no, instead we had to have the instanced pathway crap of Kasshyyk instead.

• RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

I think we are twins---loved that combo of classes 

However i did do my fair share of jedi hunting

Originally posted by needalife214

I think we are twins---loved that combo of classes 

However i did do my fair share of jedi hunting

ahh you wouldnt have happened to have any greater sludge panthers would you? I remember the day i unlearned CH .... i brought out all my favorite pets and ran around multiple cities, and i got over a dozen tells asking me what kind of tiger i had, and that they had never seen it before ...... it was the second saddest day for me in SWG(The NGE being #1). This was also during the CU, i guess i should have seen it comeing..... its very rare to see a game get worse with time, SWG is the only game i have seen get worse AFTER the launch.

• ShamiusShamius Member Posts: 99

TK was the only way to go my friend... I loved my TK like no other.

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    edited May 2016

Actually all of the melee professions are pretty much OP and it's not so much a stats thing but the fact that the game never got long range combat or it's vertical axis. When a Jedi deflects a blaster bolt it is cool, when a dude with a vibro knuckler does it just feels lame. Especially when you realize you are hardly hurting him (unless you are rifles and hitting Mind pool). 

Pre-CU SWG was tilted toward Melee Classes because the combat never worked as intended. CU and NGE didn't fix it either because the effective ranges and lack of cover objects made the system a kite fest. The very idea of running full speed and firing back while twisting around is super stupid.

The HAMs not being "bouncy," as was originally intended also made the combat much less dynamic than it could have been.
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    TKM was my main also... good times indeed.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I played one (paired with rifle). Good times. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I don't agree that this looks enjoyable or playable,it looks like a 1995 or so game.However the premise that devs need to think more about quality gaming than business decisions,shines bright here.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.