Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

------>Runescape PvP - A Masterpiece

goobamagoobama Member Posts: 35

Some of you are now thinking, "WHAT!",Runescape had (yes had, it was sadly taken away) good PvP!?!?!??" yes they did and it was the most fun I had ever had. Runescape pvp was somewhat like this. There was a huge open wasteland called "The Wilderness" which was divided into levels as you went further into it and into various multi and single areas. 1 then 2 and as got deeper it increased. Now these levels told you how many levels plus or minus from your level you could attack someone.

So if you were level 80 in level 4 wilderness and saw someone who was lvl 85 you could not attack them. Now the Wilderness had a skull system. If you entered the wilderness and had no skull then you kept your three most valuable items. If you had a skull, which was acquired by attacking someone without provocation, you lost EVERYTHING you had. so basically it was full looting. Now what was so fun about this you might ask? Well it was the freedom, the challenge, and best of all, THE GLORY.

You could go in with nothing and come back a million times wealthier than before. None of you know how fun a 100 vs 100 (yes you could do 100 vs 100, rs has no instances) with full looting. It was chaos. Just going in their with two or three friends and coming out broke as hell or rich as a king gave me the most exciting moments i had ever experienced in a video game. we talked about our travels and glory in the wilderness for days afterwards and know what we all had while in their, something that almost every mmo is missing nowadays, FUN!

Sadly the wilderness was taken away because of the game maker's greed.I do not think ill ever experience what i did in the wilderness. It was, i think, what all mmorpgs should strive to be. It made my heart beat faster and my hands sweat. I am done with MMO's until they bring some risk back into them. I hope you enjoyed my post, whether you agreed with it or not. thanks.

Comments

• b0rderline99b0rderline99 Member Posts: 1,441
    I used to play the game quite a bit, i was way more into the old economy than the PVP or PVE for that matter

however my few trips into the wilderness were some of the most intense and fun times i have had in a game, completely agree
  • Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

I remember every time going into the Wildy to kill the King Black Dragon, there was ALWAYS a sense of danger, of extreme risk. I loved it.

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

• MattDMattD Member Posts: 18

I totally agree!, pvp in runescape was the best i have ever seen in any mmorpg.

Full looting only works in some games like runescape where the armor and weapons dont take too long to gain back, another game i want the wilderness in is Guild Wars, no way would it work in WoW because it takes months to get good armor.

I think the reason they took out the wilderness is because of gold sellers. They made it so gold sellers could not trade gold but they could still drop it if the gold buyer pk's them in the wilderness so they had to remove it.

• drkspartandrkspartan Member Posts: 55

I hated how they changed the game.I feel that they care more about stoping a few players that buy money than the majority that do not. I liked the widerness then they killed it. I hope they bring it back but that is very doubtfull.

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

Runescape is one of the best thought MMOs out there. The quests were the best I have seen in an MMO too. Too bad I hated the 3D and left :(

• LoGic_pLoGic_p Member Posts: 67

Fun times, farming green dragons and PvPing at the same time is superb.

sdfsdfsfdsdfsfd

• goobamagoobama Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by drkspartan

I hated how they changed the game.I feel that they care more about stoping a few players that buy money than the majority that do not. I liked the widerness then they killed it. I hope they bring it back but that is very doubtfull.

I know. They took away the most fun and unique thing in the game in order to stop RWT traders.