Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review

AmaraoAmarao Member UncommonPosts: 650

Before I get started, I want everyone here to know that I am a very negative person, and will focus more on the bad than the good, so lets begin.

Positive:

Style: The anime theme is very rarely well done, and in this case it is well done, undeniably. The idea of a side scrolling mmo is to this day an amazing idea, it also gives them to ability to work more on art and style as opposed to making sure that the game looks real.

Players: The amount of people that play this game is incredible, and if you ever find someone who bothers you immensely, you can change your channel (sub server) at any time.

Game-play: Very entertaining, and fun to watch. The combat can be fun depending on your class. For example I believe thieves and warriors have a damn good time slicing slime. Where as archers just kind of watch the arrows move across the screen. The game doesn't have much more than combat considering the quests aren't that great.

Classes: The class system fits everyone, at least in my opinion, very easily and is the level of simplicity that makes Maple Story the game that it is.

Negative:

Style: If you are not into the anime feel or the idea of a side scrolling mmo confuses you, you will hate this game. If you appreciate good graphics as opposed to style, you will hate this game.

Players: The players, although abundant, are %^&*ing idiots. I would say most to all of them are absolutely borderline retarted. Each second you spend in a crowded city is one step closer to joining in on a chuck Norris joke. Pretty soon you'll be one of the many Inuyasha507's. It's similar to the effect.

Game-Play: I compare the grind in this game to Lineage 2. If you haven't played L2 let me explain. Around level 20 (many will reach this level so I think its good to use it) you will get about .2-.4 xp per kill. Let's say you have a quest to kill 999 of some crazy monster (Not shitting you), once you kill all 999 of those, at the best case scenario of you getting .4% per kill, you would barely level up 2 times due to the xp decrease per level. Once completed the quest holder will give you a HEFTY -holds breath- 5%  The worst part is yet to come. The MS team is very money hungry, and since advertising and merch wasn't enough, they added the most insane payshop man has ever seen. Let me elaborate, the only way to not look like a douche, have good equipment, pets, items, in general character enhancments, is to turn Maple Story into a p2p mmo. Although they love to tell you just how free it is in every ad. To finish this section, the quests are monotonous, and we're enough to make me quit. The monotony and lack of them.

Classes: There are some people who hate the idea of a simplistic class system that becomes more involving over time as opposed to never advancing and staying relatively the same.

What it comes down to is, if you can handle a shit community, mind numbing quests, don't mind a grind that makes asians want to quit, payshops, and basic classes then you should have a good time. If ANY ONE of these hits you wrong though, do not play because it will without a doubt be your reason to quit. I hope this review helps someone, good luck mapling if you choose too.

Comments

• Wildman2121Wildman2121 Member Posts: 90

I agree with pretty much everything you said. The grind is horrible, the quest are..eh..their ok in my opinion, but you are accurate with "mind numbing" the thing that bugs me most about MS is..THE FREAKING CASH SHOP! You were right on the nail with "Nexon is money hungry" they deffinitly are. Oh, and I rofled at "the grind will make asians want to quit." Thats like the greatest thing ive heard about this game in a long time lol.

• AmaraoAmarao Member UncommonPosts: 650
    Originally posted by Wildman2121

I agree with pretty much everything you said. The grind is horrible, the quest are..eh..their ok in my opinion, but you are accurate with "mind numbing" the thing that bugs me most about MS is..THE FREAKING CASH SHOP! You were right on the nail with "Nexon is money hungry" they deffinitly are. Oh, and I rofled at "the grind will make asians want to quit." Thats like the greatest thing ive heard about this game in a long time lol.

I'm glad you agree. I doubted my opinion for a long time, considering the game has such a huge player count. It's a good game to waste a weekend on though, which I suggest many of you take note of.

• KAIxDEATHKAIxDEATH Member Posts: 18

I love anime style and everyting but this game is horrible anyway you put it. I quit after reaching level 16 on two charecters so you cant say i didnt put enough time into it. I bought a card to make my guy look like ishida from bleach (random fact)

• AmaraoAmarao Member UncommonPosts: 650
    Originally posted by KAIxDEATH

I love anime style and everyting but this game is horrible anyway you put it. I quit after reaching level 16 on two charecters so you cant say i didnt put enough time into it. I bought a card to make my guy look like ishida from bleach (random fact)

Maybe try playing past 16?

• DerekHarumiDerekHarumi Member UncommonPosts: 37

The whole game itself is absolutely horrible. At lets say... err... lv. 25+, it gets harder to level, you start to give up. No offense, but people who pass that level are considered to have no life. I'd love to do it one day, but this is just the game that helps you waste time. You get hella addicted, then you get bad grades in school, so you fail.

The main part of what I'm trying to say is that this game has no point to it, no fun. Its worst than playing any other shitty game.

• KivotKivot Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by DerekHarumi

The whole game itself is absolutely horrible. At lets say... err... lv. 25+, it gets harder to level, you start to give up. No offense, but people who pass that level are considered to have no life. I'd love to do it one day, but this is just the game that helps you waste time. You get hella addicted, then you get bad grades in school, so you fail.
     The main part of what I'm trying to say is that this game has no point to it, no fun. Its worst than playing any other shitty game.

How is it that if you're level 25+ you have no life? Levels doesn't mean you have no life. It depends how long you play per day. Six hours+ of playing per day would have be considered to have no life.

• mehueestistmehueestist Member Posts: 5

I agree the quests suck in ms and im lvl 40ish(im 40ish cuz i had nothing and i rly mean nothing to do but grind)

..but what game doesn't rec grind???

• Destroyer987Destroyer987 Member Posts: 1

yes it is absolutly true that this game wastes your time since after lv30+ it's a pain in the ass to get the exp to lv...

since i have 3 lv35+ chars)

i had quit 7months ago but i checked the site last week to find they had added a new event.So i went on MS to check it out and suprisingly i had got to lv44in one day

(MS may be crap but it can be suprizing )

but the game still wastes your life

• yirenyiren Member Posts: 8

i guess u r not a MS hater... nice...

and to THE MS HATERS man... get a life... stop arguing about MS how bad it is... its really getting old...how about we talk about how bad the games u play... and go out do some activities... dont sit in the house all day play STUPID games and WASTING TIME my god ... same thing ...

also... i said it many times that...

every1 has different opinion on eveything

• AjFarAjFar Member Posts: 5

Lol, Some of you may heard of this saying before. Very popular saying, but...

"I'm a gamer, I have plenty of lives."

Now... MOVING ON!>.>

Srsly, how can you flame the community.

I've met some really awesome people and have great stories to tell about it and memories.

Actually. I got to lv 25 in 4 days.

I did the kill 999 monster quests in one day byh soloing, and it is true that I only got up a couple of lvs but I don't mind. I am actually a top notch grinder, but that's not why i play MS. The people in my opinion are amazin'!!! In games i usually get bored because... of the community not the graphics, but in my opinion the graphics are way 2 amazingly done.

Getting... .2 or.6 exp is a blessing. Believe me...

That's it!!! You all have pissed me off. That's right I have a temper with an occasional few mood swings and now I feel like writing a review for MS. Better get started.