Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Too late to start SWG ?

2»

Comments

• curiousdaoccuriousdaoc Member Posts: 203

Originally posted by Obraik

There's no need to worry about SOE shutting SWG down.  They have games with significantly less populations then SWG, with SWG being one of their top 3 games.  It's certainly not too late to establish yourself in the game either - like with everyone it'll take you some time to get there but that's to be expected :)   The gear that established PvP'ers have does help them, but skill does play a more important part - many people get all these buffs on them and think they're invincible but they lack the skill to go with that and die pretty easy to those of us that have more skill and usually far less buffs.  All of those things those PvP'ers have is stuff that you can get to.  You won't be able to get the Elder Jedi robes, but new cloaks were added to the game for Jedi in the recent update that pretty much replaces those robes.

Your best choice for servers would be Bria, Bloodfin, Chilastra or Starsider.  If space is your main attraction, I'd suggest Starsider as it has a very active Pilot community with space events happening throughout the week every week.

I'm sorry, but I disagree with the PvP statement.

I've killed plenty of your PA's members as well (/wave Conker Blackwood, /wave Wookie whos name I cannot remember /wave Scoser and any I cannot recall off the top of my head) so I am not without experience in said game.

If you are even trying to suggest that a fresh 90 will be able to compete with GCW, Two row buffing players then you really need to stop, its simply not the reality of the game. The average new level 90 player does not have access to a buff house or such resources as experienced veterans, nor will they have GCW buffs or a second account with a Medic/Ent for self-buffing.

No amount of skill can help you when a fully buffed BH is bearing down on you, especially with the new jewellry introduced over the last little while. No vehicle will help you catch that Force Running Jedi coward that you had to 5% health before he fled and cloaked. No skill will mitigate that 14k opening ambush from a buffed Spy in a 35 suit that knows how to properly play, we'll call it 9k after armor to be safe, as thats a general number for a Spy in 35s with half a clue. Nevermind the follow up strikes and DoTs.

What does help in PvP? having a zerg to back you up, that is it period, and all one has to do to see this is go to Restuss with a Spy and hang out near the old bank or in the middle of the city where players tend to gather, and wait, and wait, and wait some more, all to zerg lone players looking for competitive 1v1s and fair odds. Hell, an hour at the SP is enough to figure out the game is a big zergfest joke now, with the odd 1v1 if you are lucky at best.

A shadow of what was once quality entertainment, based on a well known, trusted IP.

• MalvolentiaMalvolentia Member Posts: 253
    Originally posted by Anonymous123

Hello there,

Firstly i am a HUGE Star wars fan (Part of the reason i have to remain anonymous :p ...)

You're seriously posting on an MMORPG  forum, where no one can track you, and you're worried about what people might think?

WoW fanboi: "lolz 11.5 million customers, itz obviously da best"

McDonald's: over 1 billion burgers served

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

In short, yes it is too late to start playing SWG.  The game is dead.  90% of this forum probably doesn't play.  We are just SW fans or old players of SWG that like ti come here because there are no other SW MMOs currently available.  SWG has a trial.  I recommend playing it so you can see what we mean when we say avoid SWG. 

SWG was set up great from the get go, but was ruined with horrible new ideas.

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

no, its not to late to start SWG. I would recomend starting a  larger populated server like bria.

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

Originally posted by Hrica

no, its not to late to start SWG. I would recomend starting a  larger populated server like bria.
      No, is not to late to protect yourself from the Y2K Bug. I would recommend starting with your Casio calculator Watches.

Hi Hrica - sorry it just came to mind but as I have predicted the game will announce a Sundown date by the end of August and that date will be by EOY. SWG-NGE will not be on anyones Christmas list , which is ok because there are no retail copies on the market to give.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Originally posted by JestorRodo

No, is not to late to protect yourself from the Y2K Bug. I would recommend starting with your Casio calculator Watches.

Hi Hrica - sorry it just came to mind but as I have predicted the game will announce a Sundown date by the end of August and that date will be by EOY. SWG-NGE will not be on anyones Christmas list , which is ok because there are no retail copies on the market to give.

Oh wow.  Another shutdown prediction.  I'm sure this one has some meat behind it,...not.

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

Originally posted by Obraik

Originally posted by JestorRodo

Oh wow.  Another shutdown prediction.  I'm sure this one has some meat behind it,...not.

If this was a court of law , I have assemble a perponderous of evidence. Please review at your leisure  at

groups.myspace.com/Rodoreport 

There I have 6 reasons ( soon to be 7) why I believe that the end of the NGE is near. While you are there enjoy my monthly videos but do make a return trip after the 17th  for this month and reason number 7.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

It really depends on who you're asking that question to, lots will say yes, and many others will say just try the trial. I follow the game's progress closely often since the SOE forums are readable even if your account isn't active, there's way more bickering about what's wrong with the game over the amount raving on how great it is. Also the PVP activity has declined quite a bit, a year ago there was about 10-12K active ranked players peaking out during the summer months, even last month it was around 9400 and now it's 8800 and still going to decline (but should climb with summer months), there's even threads popping up on their forums about how dead the game is becoming especially with PVP.

Like many says, if you're going to try the game, choose a populated server

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Nikoz78

Originally posted by firefly2003

SWG will be shut down anyway .... about 1 1/2 from now.... at the most..
    Prove it. I'll even make you a deal - prove this wild claim and I'll never post on this forum ever again.

We've all heard this same line for years now.

Anyway, to the OP: not only is this game awesome, it's by far the most complex and open-ended MMO in existence.

Join the fun.

And may the Force be with you!

They've been saying it for years (haters) , As long as they keep saying it they are bound to be right . ..Someday

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    Originally posted by Malickiebloo

Prove it. I'll even make you a deal - prove this wild claim and I'll never post on this forum ever again.

Anyway, to the OP: not only is this game awesome, it's by far the most complex and open-ended MMO in existence.

Join the fun.

They've been saying it for years (haters) , As long as they keep saying it they are bound to be right . ..Someday

Honestly Malickie, I could care less whether the game runs for another 10 years, or dies. Not much to bring people who don't like it back. /shrug I'm sure it'll go longer than the haters think, but die sooner than the fans had hoped for.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Originally posted by tillamook

Join the fun.

Honestly Malickie, I could care less whether the game runs for another 10 years, or dies. Not much to bring people who don't like it back. /shrug I'm sure it'll go longer than the haters think, but die sooner than the fans had hoped for.

True, yet it's a bit of a bore to see something stated (that never comes true) over and over again for more than 2 years !

edit- Btw nice to see you're still lurking out there in the world .

Join the fun.

True, yet it's a bit of a bore to see something stated (that never comes true) over and over again for more than 2 years !

Yeah I'm still around, the other site kinda died down, a few people found games to play ect.

SWG Bloodfin vet

Join the fun.

a few people found games to play ect.

Must be nice rofl !

Join the fun.

a few people found games to play ect.

Must be nice rofl !

yeah, AoC and LOTRO. The rest of em talk politics. XD

SWG Bloodfin vet