Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SLI anyone?

I'm curious if any of you have tested AoC on an SLI set-up?Anyone notice a difference(if any) or improvement with 2 video cards. My reason for asking is....many games I've played in the past do not support SLI, just curious if this game will see any improvement.

AMD 6000 X2 3.0ghz

4 gigs PC6400 OCZ 800mhz ram

Two 8800 GT OC'd 512's in SLI

7200 RPM SATA

M2N-SLI Motherboard

800 watt power supply

Windows xp 32bit(currently)

Comments

• Skatty2007Skatty2007 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 231
    Originally posted by Arcwelder

I'm curious if any of you have tested AoC on an SLI set-up?Anyone notice a difference(if any) or improvement with 2 video cards. My reason for asking is....many games I've played in the past do not support SLI, just curious if this game will see any improvement.
    AMD 6000 X2 3.0ghz
    7200 RPM SATA
    M2N-SLI Motherboard
    800 watt power supply

I was also thinking the same thing.   Not to hijack your topic, but has anyone tried it in SLI with one 9800 GX2? (Remember one 9800 GX2 is actually SLI in a single slot)

I'm not creative enough to have a signature

• nytlemgrnytlemgr Member Posts: 50

AMD 6000 X2 3.0ghz
    7200 RPM SATA
    M2N-SLI Motherboard
    800 watt power supply

I have 2 EVGA 8800GTs and I see no improvement over using a single 8800GT. Makes me wish I had purchased one high-end card instead.

• WiccanCircleWiccanCircle Member Posts: 336

Originally posted by nytlemgr

I have 2 EVGA 8800GTs and I see no improvement over using a single 8800GT. Makes me wish I had purchased one high-end card instead.
    I am running a pack of 8800Gts Alpha Dogs in SLI too and didn't notice any differece when I pulled one out either.  I added a little directional fan to the GPU area and put it back in... nada difference that I can tell, but then again I am on High settings so high is high it would seem.

(And don't worry NytleMgr, the dual cards are very good for any game that will be out for another year or perhaps more.  By then the 9K cards will be obsolete as well and we can upgrade to whatever half voodoo magic - half space age polymer GPUs that are out by that time)

"The reality of the poor in America isn't the difference between The Haves and The Have Nots, it is the difference between The Haves and The Have Lots."

• 3L1TE3L1TE Member Posts: 167

I can tell you that using Dual-SLI has no difference when using Tri-SLI (at least on my system)

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    Originally posted by WiccanCircle

I am running a pack of 8800Gts Alpha Dogs in SLI too and didn't notice any differece when I pulled one out either.  I added a little directional fan to the GPU area and put it back in... nada difference that I can tell, but then again I am on High settings so high is high it would seem.

(And don't worry NytleMgr, the dual cards are very good for any game that will be out for another year or perhaps more.  By then the 9K cards will be obsolete as well and we can upgrade to whatever half voodoo magic - half space age polymer GPUs that are out by that time)

Agreed. You will be fine for a long time with those cards, and the games that support SLI well are few and far between atm, but they are getting there.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• LethalBurstLethalBurst Member UncommonPosts: 367

I am using 2 8800GTs and I am definitely  running it faster than I was with 1 card. 20+ fps or higher on average.

• MaziarMaziar Member Posts: 31

weird according to funcom aoc dosnt support sli

• ulberonulberon Member Posts: 198

AMD 6000 X2 3.0ghz
    7200 RPM SATA
    M2N-SLI Motherboard
    800 watt power supply

Sounds like a personal problem, I'm running 8800gt SLI, everything on max, bloom, runs smoooth.

• kenedakeneda Member UncommonPosts: 52

I have 2 , 8800 GTS 512 and I see no difference at all , I am surprise that some poeple claim that it actually works.

Remember that AOC didnt even support duo core not long ago , I think that their priority was not the SLI since that had a lot to work on.

I played a few game that support SLI and I saw my FPS going over 90+ like COD4 all maxed out , AOC does not support SLI  IMO.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Originally posted by ulberon

AMD 6000 X2 3.0ghz
    7200 RPM SATA
    M2N-SLI Motherboard
    800 watt power supply

Sounds like a personal problem, I'm running 8800gt SLI, everything on max, bloom, runs smoooth.

It must mean something :s I had to hit Medium settings and slowly tinkered around a bit until I got some sliders up. I think I left shadows at the lowest setting and something else too.

I'm running an 8800 GT. Really considering upgrading once again hehe...SLI or the >9800 version.

• daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680

Not 100% sure but dont think SLI makes any difference. At least in beta it didnt and I tried a few pairs of different nvidia cards. No performance improvement only brought extra lock ups and crashes.