Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mircotransactions?

GehaxGehax Member Posts: 9
Ok alot of people have been throwing this big scary word around and I need clarification on what it means thanks

Comments

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

It means the same thing as a cash shop.  It's when you pay for certain items in the game.

I am not sure exactly what items will be sold in the cash shop, though.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Game would be basically free to play, however there would be an in-game store where players could spend their gold (or credits or what have you) to purchase bonus items for their characters.

The difference is that these credits can normally be purchased with real world cash, and the items themselves usually have no real impact outside of cosmetics, or increased leveling rates or special pets or mounts not available to the normal free to play player.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

Originally posted by Kyleran

Game would be basically free to play, however there would be an in-game store where players could spend their gold (or credits or what have you) to purchase bonus items for their characters.
    The difference is that these credits can normally be purchased with real world cash, and the items themselves usually have no real impact outside of cosmetics, or increased leveling rates or special pets or mounts not available to the normal free to play player.

Link to where SOE stated this?

• GehaxGehax Member Posts: 9
    Fair enough I hope that I can still buy things without the stupid cash shop though
  • drkspartandrkspartan Member Posts: 55

I havent been following this game but is SOE placing microtransactions? I sure hope not but it wouldn't surprise me coming for SOE.

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

There will be NO microtransactions -

kotaku.com/5016251/soe-clarifies-the-agencys-real-money-trading

Last month Sony Online Entertainment announced that upcoming titles

The Agency

and

Free Realms

would be utilizing the

Live Gamer service for real money transactions

, which many people took to mean that players would be able to buy weapons and equipment to enchance their gameplay. In an interview published over at Eurogamer, lead designer Hal Milton explains that this isn't the case at all.

"I want to make this very clear," said lead designer Hal Milton. "This is not a microtransaction system within The Agency to allow players to buy weapons, outfits, or operatives to be effective within the game world. That's something that we're absolutely not planning on doing."

Instead, Live Gamer will be implemented as it is in EQII, allowing players to sell their own goods to other players. Milton did add that allowing players to recruit more operatives through a one-time out of game payment was still a possibility.

No microtransactions in The Agency [Eurogamer] ENDQUTOE

WoW , is right! This will open the door to gold and ingame item sellers to be sure.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan