Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AoC back with a vengence.

With the latest update, i am really impressed with the amount of fixes they have done in just days. 2 patches a week was kinda pushing my believe button. But the amount a fixes just made me have more confidence in the game. If they keep up the good work, the game can actually be up to standard in 2 months.

Granted they haven't fixed most of the major problems but they are actually pushing their coders like animals to finish up. Funcom..........i will wait to see what you have for us in the end of 2 months.

1 thing i notice about players in the game. They seem to forget that there is a hide ability for them to use. I foud out that 1 of the only way to avoid your gankers are to flee while hiding before he engages you. You won't beleive the fun i had hiding waitimg for victims on white sand isle.

Comments

• MaziarMaziar Member Posts: 31

when was this patch released? and did it fix the boob thing?

• meetxj9meetxj9 Member Posts: 133

Its being applied as we speak, just wait for the servers to go live again in a few hours. And the boob thing...................well lets say they did fix.........................they made it smaller from what i am told.

the boobs are permenetly smaller now? this suxxxors.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by meetxj9
    they made it smaller from what i am told.
    smaller is what they are now, when it gets fixed they will return to normal size

www.massively.com/2008/06/03/funcom-apologizes-for-involuntary-breast-reductions/

Originally posted by Nadia

they made it smaller from what i am told.
    smaller is what they are now, when it gets fixed they will return to normal size

www.massively.com/2008/06/03/funcom-apologizes-for-involuntary-breast-reductions/

ok, so how are your boobs then?

• kaishi00kaishi00 Member Posts: 299

So breasts size took priority over more important stuff, impressive.

• AOCtesterAOCtester Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 431

This patch has minor fixing included.   Considering there is a week since last patch this is a joke compared to the huge bugs that are still present.

Spellweaving anyone?

Guild cities have got any use other than epen ?

And where the HECK is the missing child ? !!!!!

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

Originally posted by AOCtester

And where the HECK is the missing child ? !!!!!
    Still missing I guess

Keep your cool down, its only been a week. Most MMO companies need to wait a month to actually give out a working patch. These guys are giving us 2 a week. Just wait, man.

• 1. PVP System isn't really implemented yet

A. pvp gear

B. pvp levels

C. pvp prison system

2. Guild Village

A. They do nothing so far.

C. There is no siege yet.

3. Quests and other things

A. Most of the quests haven't been implemented yet.

B. Some game areas haven't been put in yet.

C. Crafting system is imbalanced

D. Classes are very imbalanced, and a lot of things are basically just totally soloable.

If they manage to fix some if not all of these things then it will be a miracle, and a lot of people will stick with the game. Most of the things I mentioned above were supposed to be in the game on launch. Yes, I understand that they had lots of money issues, but they will lose many many people if they do not implement these things soon. I for one will probably stick with the game, but I will get bored soon. There is just no variety of things to do right now. All I have thought to do was: 1. Quests 2. Try to explore 3. Gank           The crafting system I heard was terribley put together and the items you make are not even close to as good as the bought ones. This game could and probably will be great, but it will take time. I for one do not think that they have much of it...

P.S. I do think that Funcom is working hard, and that they are doing a great job of releasing patches pretty often. Will that be enough to keep the number of people they need, I cannot say, but I can say that they are trying.

• MORBMORB Member Posts: 37

Keep your cool down, its only been a week.

I did forsee that excuse to remain uttered repeatedly by fanboys, but I didn't expect the time to remain stuck on "one week". This is even more lulzy.

Agreed, but i'm pretty sure that the game will be a success. Vanguard came apart because they were unable to comply with the game. HGL failed because it was even worse.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

AOC won t fail, but IMO it will not be the mill subs people are claiming etc. The reason it s selling so well is theres nothing new up against it atm. Is that smart to release with nothing up against you sure. That said it would have been better to release in a more release ready state. I think when the first 30 days are up we ll see more and in all honesty when WAR releases(in beta and it s in good shape IMO) that will take the biggest toll on AOC subs. It will still do well but 1 mill i think not.

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827

Originally posted by MORB

Keep your cool down, its only been a week.

I did forsee that excuse to remain uttered repeatedly by fanboys, but I didn't expect the time to remain stuck on "one week". This is even more lulzy.

and i did forsee some fanboi of another game would say that

but yes, there are many many fixes but nothing big so far, they really need to do that within a month. but some people think its really easy to fix the greatest bugs/missing content :s the bigger the issue the longer the fix.. that goes for every game/mmo so stop complaining? lol @ aoctester, i laugh every time i read your crusade like posts

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

• Originally posted by Meatimus

Originally posted by Nunez1212

1. PVP System isn't really implemented yet
         A. pvp gear
         B. pvp levels
         C. pvp prison system
    2. Guild Village
         A. They do nothing so far.
         C. There is no siege yet.
    3. Quests and other things
         A. Most of the quests haven't been implemented yet.
         B. Some game areas haven't been put in yet.
         C. Crafting system is imbalanced
         D. Classes are very imbalanced, and a lot of things are basically just totally soloable.

If they manage to fix some if not all of these things then it will be a miracle, and a lot of people will stick with the game. Most of the things I mentioned above were supposed to be in the game on launch. Yes, I understand that they had lots of money issues, but they will lose many many people if they do not implement these things soon. I for one will probably stick with the game, but I will get bored soon. There is just no variety of things to do right now. All I have thought to do was: 1. Quests 2. Try to explore 3. Gank           The crafting system I heard was terribley put together and the items you make are not even close to as good as the bought ones. This game could and probably will be great, but it will take time. I for one do not think that they have much of it...
    1- Theres both ffa and mini-games for pvp. Because the pvp levels/gear are not in the game atm doesn't make or break anything. And the prison system is something they came up with implimenting AFTER launch and was never suppose to be present for launch.

2- Guild Cities... as a member of a guild with our full t1 city, and our t2 keep,temple,tradepost..... it would be nice to be receiving the benefits from it. However, for those that don't know, the guild cities are not attackable, ever. Battlekeeps are in a completely seperate zone all together. From what I've been told, sieging is in fact part of the game and has been released, i can't say for sure from experience because our guild is concentrating on the 24 man raid content and our getting our t2 city finsihed.

3- Are you joking with #3? Yea theres a few stretches where you'll run out of quest and have to finish a level or two by other means. Whether solo-grinding or group aoe grinding or running an instance, its really not bad at all. The fact that FC has already answered to this problem with announcing new quest for these stretches as well as a completely new zone is very impressive. These are not things that just hadn't been implimented, they are things FC chose to work on due to player feedbackl. The new addition of lore quest will also be very very nice. As far as crafting, a couple trades are still in the process of being fixed, but they can't fix everything at once and have brought steady fixes to the game every week . Class imbalances, what game have you ever played where every class was perefectly balanced, none.

1. Have you tried doing the pvp mini games so far? There is like 20-30 people on it at somes times. That's because there is no point to it right now...no goal. The leveling system was supposed to be in the game on lauch, and so was the gear. Yes, the prison system was a later idea, but I was just throwing that out there.

2. I don't know where you heard that the sieges worked from, but I have heard from people with tier 3 cities that they cannot have siege warfare and that they haven't polished it enough yet. Also it is only going to be 48 v 48 right now. When they talked about siege a month ago...it was supposed to be hundreds versus hundreds. Have you seen the size of the guild villages?!?! 48 v 48 is going to look stupid..thats way to small for such a huge landmass. Also, whats the point of having a guild village right now besides a guild meeting maybe? There are no npc's in the trading post and no benefits. All of this was supposed to be in the game on release.

3. What you don't understand is that it's not "new" quests. These quests were supposed to be in on launch. It even states in the update patcher "We are also adding in a bunch of quests that didn’t quite make it for launch" In they beginning there was supposed to be pure quests, no need for grinding they said just quests. Though a lot of quests were not finished; therefore, grinding WAS and IS here. Yes, the new zone that they are adding is nice, and well appreicated. I am not on the trollers side you have to realize that. I love this game, and am just saying that they did not put up what they were supposed to. As for the crafting, it's not the traders I'm talking about. It's the crafting itself...the items you craft are kinda crappy compared to the stuff you can just buy from npc's. I like the idea of crafting something good...not something 2nd hand. The lore quests will be nice also, and I fully appreciate them adding something like that because I for one loved the voice acting in Tortage. Now, the class imbalances are just crazy. I know that all mmo's have class imbalances. Though the healers in this game can tank, dps, and aoe....it's just plain ridiculous. They are like a one man army. I know they wanted the healers to have more to do, but they shouldn't make them into a demi-god.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

No MMO has ever been released completely finished.  Many were released in even worse condition than AoC.  Stop bitching and play the game.  If you don't like it, don't play it.  If you honestly expected a perfect game, then you are an idiot.  If you get offended by my post, then you are an idiot.  Get over it.

I haven't seen this many crybabies since I played WoW.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Originally posted by DAS1337

No MMO has ever been released completely finished.  Many were released in even worse condition than AoC.  Stop bitching and play the game.  If you don't like it, don't play it.  If you honestly expected a perfect game, then you are an idiot.  If you get offended by my post, then you are an idiot.  Get over it.

I haven't seen this many crybabies since I played WoW.
    You see alot of people still think they are playing CONSOLE GAMES. And yes, there are alot of cry babies.. Examples are.. This damn game doesnt work on my machine, AoC stole my friends on my current mmo, its too laggy, its to choppy, this quest I want to complete is broken, this is uncalled for, 5 years and they still cant get it right. Blah Blah Blah

Can you imagine if Call of Duty 4 was a wreck at launch for your Xbox 360 or your Grand Theft Auto was broken for your PS3. This is the mentality of these new mmo gamers (which I can understand if your a console gamer, but welcome to the PC world of MMORPG's and not FPS gaming).

When they were introduced to World of Warcraft, the game had already years behind it with all its goodies. However, do you remember how long it took WoW to be actually good? Wow has bugs as well and we all put up with it, there were haters and fanboys as well during that time.

Anyways, WoW raised the bar level for these NEW mmorpgs and people expect a finish product on release day. And if it isnt 110% complete, oh there is going to be hell to pay. They will find the littlest problem and make it huge (almost like real life politics).

I agree, just play the fcken game, if you don't like it or upset about it, get back to the mmo you were playing before AoC, its simple as that. And post some help for the people that are playing your current mmorpg and stop being a hater of this one.

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

I would also add that the succesful patches only continues a trend that began weeks before AoCs release. FunCom has been going full steam in ironing out issues with this game. I expect this kind of effort to continue for some time.

• It doesn't matter that since WoW didn't have it until 8 months, and that means AoC isn't going to fail!!! They promised it on release. Should AoC put just enough content in the game so that it won't fail...are we living on that low of a standard now?!?! You act like I hate the game and want it to fail...while in fact it's quite the opposite. I think this game will do great...as I stated in my first post, if you even took the time to read it. I was just posting some critism, but since there is so many trolls here you immediately attack me.

Oh, and guild villages are attackable by NPC's.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

With the latest update, i am really impressed with the amount of fixes they have done in just days. 2 patches a week was kinda pushing my believe button. But the amount a fixes just made me have more confidence in the game. If they keep up the good work, the game can actually be up to standard in 2 months.
    Granted they haven't fixed most of the major problems but they are actually pushing their coders like animals to finish up. Funcom..........i will wait to see what you have for us in the end of 2 months.
    1 thing i notice about players in the game. They seem to forget that there is a hide ability for them to use. I foud out that 1 of the only way to avoid your gankers are to flee while hiding before he engages you. You won't beleive the fun i had hiding waitimg for victims on white sand isle.

The game prolly has his flaws but for me, it is up to standard since release. It's is just a comment, the game speaks for it self anyway and I dont need to defend any game or company.

• I really like the game, but I cannot shake the feeling that there is no variety... Maybe I'm not seeing something you all are. See, the games that I play and stay up all night enjoying were stuff like Oblivion. That game had lots and lots of options, so I could always do something. Even in Runescape I used to grind a bit, then quest a bit, then fish a little, then farm and do other things. Though in AoC all I find myself doing is questing, and grinding....

• xaviondkxaviondk Member Posts: 58

Originally posted by kaishi00

So breasts size took priority over more important stuff, impressive.

The words of a throll...

And i thought it was called the wounded child, not the missing child. I missed something?

• Balthaazar1Balthaazar1 Member Posts: 531

A New Hope!

------------------------------

'Cry Havoc, and Let Loose the Dogs of WARRRRR!!!'

Anybody here getting a boost in their FPS after the patch?

Cause i can swear that i am getting a worse FPS before that. And they seem to have fixed the terrain graphic reading now. Everthing just comes in smoothly. I love you FUNCOM!!!

• lonhelyglonhelyg Member Posts: 73

" Sob" Its made things worse for me ...