Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would this setup be able to run Age of Conan?

blake93blake93 Member UncommonPosts: 6

Cpu: Intel 2.4 GHZ Dual Core

Ram: 2gb

Video Card: Geforce 8600 GT

Will this be able to run it at all? And if so how well?

Comments

• redbugredbug Member UncommonPosts: 175

Yes

• AskatanAskatan Member Posts: 313
    Originally posted by blake93

Will this be able to run it at all?

at low setting, yes. but don'T buy a new machine just for the 10 days fun included in the game....

• jke2jke2 Member Posts: 16

yes u can

• eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340

Will this be able to run it at all? And if so how well?

Yes, You have pretty much the same system as a friend of mine. He has an emachine and plays the game at mostly medium settings. I know this since I setup the game for him. In the wild he gets up tp 30 fps and in ths cities like old tarantia he gets about 20 fps and the game looks great.

• eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    Originally posted by Askatan

at low setting, yes. but don'T buy a new machine just for the 10 days fun included in the game....

Bologna the game is great and will keep most interested for months to come.

• abbabaabbaba Member Posts: 1,143

Yes, you and I have the same amount of RAM and the same graphics card, I think my cpu is a ilttle better, anyway I play AoC in medium settings and it runs fine, the only place I've experienced a little graphics lag is in Old Tarantia.

• blake93blake93 Member UncommonPosts: 6

Thanks everyone for the quick response! except for you askatan you hater lol.

• MaziarMaziar Member Posts: 31

your GPU is weak. upgrade to atleast a 8800GT or 9800GTX unless you like playing 15-20fps.

dont get the new gtx280 or 4780 cause your cpu is too weak for them.

with your current settings i would say med settings, no shadow, 20fps.

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827

Originally posted by Maziar

your GPU is weak. upgrade to atleast a 8800GT or 9800GTX unless you like playing 15-20fps.
    i think 8600 gt is minimum to run the game decent

hell ive even seen some people who say they play it with a 7600 without any lag

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

the 8600 card is a joke and a disgrace

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Askatan

Don't give the OP false information.  I've tested the game with a 2.66 dual core, 2gb of RAM and a 8600GT, I got 40FPS on medium settings.  1280x1024 resolution with bloom turned ON.  Maybe you should know what you're talking about because you start making misinformed guesses.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Maziar

I'm going to be upgrading to the GT280 (It's based off the chip, not the card name)  and I have a dual core OC'd to 3.2ghz.  While it may overshadow my CPU and maybe I won't get everything I could out of it... but I'm certainly not going out and buying a core2 extreme for 900 bucks.  I have reasons to believe that it will perform far better than my 9800 gtx.  Which.. by the way, is very playable at 1920x1200, max settings, no bloom. 4xAA

get a E8400 very easy to overclock to 4.0ghz and they cost like 180dollars. they run as good if not better as the qx9775.

• AcesplayedAcesplayed Member Posts: 182

A EVGA 8800GT may be a good card for you (KO edition if any)  with lifetime warranty, they are better then most GTS series cards I read even some GTX and are usually only 200-250bucks. I saw a KO edition on Amazon for $165sale that lasted about an hour and only 5 were left.

No such thing as luck, just believing in it is what makes it real to you and really...thats all you need.

Im on nobodies' side but my own.