Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Metal Gear Solid 4 throws mud at the Xbox360

GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/227238.html

I thought this was quite funny.

Speaking of MGS4 and Xbox360, what happened to Pyrofury and Methane?

Comments

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

funny.  although is it really that much of a pain to swap the disc?

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202

lol some poster said the 360 sales are dead world wide. Too bad the ps3 still hasnt caught the 360 in total sales.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Konami got the video deleted. I think Pyro been around, I'm not sure. Meth on the other hand I haven't seen him around for months.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

Konami got the video deleted. I think Pyro been around, I'm not sure. Meth on the other hand I haven't seen him around for months.

Fixed the post with a different link.

• deepdishdeepdish Member Posts: 28

If you'd play the first one on the Playstation then you'd know it has nothing to do with the 360 but it's taking the piss out of when you had to change disc on MGS at that esact point in the game. If you notice this video is set in the remade part of MGS just before you had to change disc.........

Just all the press and peopke whove never played MGS before taking it the wrong way.

Originally posted by deepdish

If you'd play the first one on the Playstation then you'd know it has nothing to do with the 360 but it's taking the piss out of when you had to change disc on MGS at that esact point in the game. If you notice this video is set in the remade part of MGS just before you had to change disc.........
    Just all the press and peopke whove never played MGS before taking it the wrong way.

It has to do with the Xbox360, Metal Gear Solid 4 is constantly refering to the console war.

• deepdishdeepdish Member Posts: 28
    Originally posted by Gameloading

It has to do with the Xbox360, Metal Gear Solid 4 is constantly refering to the console war.

If it was taking th episs outta 360 then it would have said disc 7 or something but it's taking the piss outta the Playstation version asking for Disc 2 at the same point the first game asked to swap discs..... the creator always puts jokes in there for fans of the series.

If it was taking th episs outta 360 then it would have said disc 7 or something but it's taking the piss outta the Playstation version asking for Disc 2 at the same point the first game asked to swap discs..... the creator always puts jokes in there for fans of the series.

eh why does it  need to have said disc 7 in order to reference to the 360? That doesn't even make any sense...

Konami has refered to the console war before, just check the end of this trailer:

youtube.com/watch

• NetzokoNetzoko Member Posts: 1,271

I'd rather insta-join friends in online play than swap a disk.

-------------------------

• ShijukiShijuki Member UncommonPosts: 318

eh why does it  need to have said disc 7 in order to reference to the 360? That doesn't even make any sense...

Konami has refered to the console war before, just check the end of this trailer:

youtube.com/watch

Because msg4 uses the entire storage space of a blu-ray disc and that equals to around 4-5 xbox discs.

• sephersepher Member Posts: 3,561

I wonder if the inevitable 360 version will make fun of mandated PS3 install times due to the nearly twice as slow Blu-Ray drives.

Originally posted by sepher

I wonder if the inevitable 360 version will make fun of mandated PS3 install times due to the nearly twice as slow Blu-Ray drives.

There won't be an Xbox360 version, this has been confirmed many times. Also, Koijima has stated it would have to make significan changes to the game because it's custom build for the Playstation 3 from the ground up.

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918
    Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

They found out that he was working for Sony as a viral marketer and banned his account.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

There won't be an Xbox360 version, this has been confirmed many times. Also, Koijima has stated it would have to make significan changes to the game because it's custom build for the Playstation 3 from the ground up.

I'd be willing to bet a whole hell of a lot of money that the 360 will see some sort of iteration of the game, even if it's not a stand alone MGS4 it'll be something like Metal Gear Solid: Substance or Subsistence...In the end, it's about making money, and they'll make more money on the 360.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

Originally posted by Draenor

I'd be willing to bet a whole hell of a lot of money that the 360 will see some sort of iteration of the game, even if it's not a stand alone MGS4 it'll be something like Metal Gear Solid: Substance or Subsistence...In the end, it's about making money, and they'll make more money on the 360.

You can apply that theory to any PS3 third party exclusive, yet we don't see every PS3 exclusive going multiplatform. Even Metal Gear Solid 3 did not see an xbox release.

PS3 can keep MGS4 ill be playing Too Human GoW2 and fable 2 this fall.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.

Originally posted by Arndur

what does that have to do with anything..?

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

He is trying to say that he doesn't care if it's on the ps3 and making fun of the 360, he has his own 360 games to play. (Although none match up to it apart from maybe GOW2 IMO)

?

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Wow that's pretty funny, but I don't think it has to do with X360. I mean it is one of the issues with the X360 which is why MGS4 can't take it, but I think it has something to do with Metal Gear Solid disc changing. I thought it was pretty funny though.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

youtube.com/watch

How is that referencing the console, exactly? The FPS part?

But anyway, that first video has nothing to do with the 360. It's poking fun at the other MGS games and how you had to switch discs in those ones.

Originally posted by BobCrazyton

youtube.com/watch

But anyway, that first video has nothing to do with the 360. It's poking fun at the other MGS games and how you had to switch discs in those ones.

No, check the last part of the trailer.

You can apply that theory to any PS3 third party exclusive, yet we don't see every PS3 exclusive going multiplatform. Even Metal Gear Solid 3 did not see an xbox release.

Metal Gear Solid 3 also released on the front running console last time, this time Metal Gear is being released on the console that is in last place.

Metal Gear Solid 3 also released on the front running console last time, this time Metal Gear is being released on the console that is in last place.

That doesn't really matter, what matters is how many copies the game would sell. The Xbox360 now really is only a stonesthrow away from where the Xbox was when MGS3 came out, and yet Konami still didn't think it was worth it to port it to the Xbox, despite the fact it re-released it under the Subsistance label on the Playstation 2 and the fact that MGS3 sold significantly less than MGS 1 and 2.

I think it's safe to assume that the vast majority of Xbox360 owners are previous Xbox 1 owners, as in people who mostly aren't familar on with the MGS franchise. So I don't see why Konami would suddenly go back the Xbox. It's not like Playstation owners won't buy the game, MGS4 has pretty much zero competition on the platform.

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

Originally posted by BobCrazyton

youtube.com/watch

No, check the last part of the trailer.

Oh nevermind. I didn't watch that far in.

Originally posted by AkaJetson

He is trying to say that he doesn't care if it's on the ps3 and making fun of the 360, he has his own 360 games to play. (Although none match up to it apart from maybe GOW2 IMO)Well idk the i agree with too human as it is a new game but fable 1 was pretty good and they are adding a lot of stuff to 2.

I agree with what some other people have said. It is a PS franchise and it would most likely not sell well as xbox owners have there own franchises to play.