Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unoffical Return to EQ Poll

RekindleRekindle Member UncommonPosts: 1,206

From my experience there are going to be tonns of feedback replies on people's experience with their return to eq over the next month or so.

I'm desperately curious because I'm so bored with games now.....I can see a return to Everquest for me, possibly. 

Lets try to put a bunch of feedback together in a single poll to send SOE the message, good or bad. Why? because I think it would be neat :)

Imagine youre sitting at your computer and you get an email and the email says "here's some free eq" do you take them up on their offer?

I think if this works I should get a free tshirt from SOE or something :P  and no im not a viral marketer lmao

Comments

• damond5031damond5031 Member UncommonPosts: 445

I am definately gonna give this a try, I just had all my account names sent to my email and it turns out I have 9 accounts eligible for free play....I used to sell accounts and these are some left overs so there is no telling what kinda of toons I will have to play with.

• BuzWeaverBuzWeaver Member UncommonPosts: 978

I'm back playing EQ, but mainly just running around checking things out. Two other old schoolers like me are back playing and I think a few of my Guild Mates will be returning to play. I've not heard from my RL friends yet, I'm not sure if they will come back.

I'm also going to download EQII, might as well.

The Old Timers Guild
    Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!

www.oldtimersguild.com
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. - Jef Mallett

I logged in with my 70 rogue on prexus and within 5 minutes had a guild full of nice people helping me relearn eq...I spent well over an hour in bot grinding some aa's and had a great time..If you ever thought about giving eq another go this is a great time, as many folks are taking advantage of the free play.

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Ive got to say, EQ was my first and most favorite MMO I have ever played.  And that is saying alot since I joined it at Launch.  The graphics were a little different back then lol but the gameplay was awesome, i mean yeah it was a grind fest, but the spells and the community made it worth while.  I am starting up my account again, and either making a new char or continuing a old one I had before I quit.  I am going to give AOC some time to simmer before I jump back in.  I am on the Fennin Ro server, if anyone has a guild thats recruiting let me know!

• DeadlyMageDeadlyMage Member Posts: 543

im haveing a ton of fun :p graphics are great :)

• RetradRetrad Member UncommonPosts: 274

What's a nicely populated server to roll on? I've got a main...but I think I'd rather level something new instead of playing my Druid.

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

I came back a few days ago. Kinda bored already. The place is a ghost town, and the economy is worse than ours(US).

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

I logged on for about half/hour today, killed Martar Icebear and was quite impressed how the orcs look now. That was it, don't know what to do next time I logon, maybe find out about this Faydwar expansion.

useful little guide for people who haven't played for several years and have expansions to catch up on(like me):

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/guides.html

Originally posted by nomadian
    useful little guide for people who haven't played for several years and have expansions to catch up on(like me):http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/guides.html

Excellent, thanks. Always enjoyed Alla's. This was very much what I was looking for.

The Old Timers Guild
    All about the fun!

www.oldtimersguild.com
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. - Jef Mallett

Originally posted by Retrad

What's a nicely populated server to roll on? I've got a main...but I think I'd rather level something new instead of playing my Druid.

stromm for US and AB for EU

• pencilrickpencilrick Member Posts: 1,550

"I am here, speaking to you today.  I have come through and I shall return."

--General Douglas MacPencilrick

• boognish75boognish75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,540

I am downloading eq as we speak, i canrt wait to play it, i have heard collosal tales from eq and just have to try it, i am already into eq2 been in that for 4 years now, did yall know that this free 56 days applies even if you just did any 2 week trial, thats really great, I hope it draws posative players to eq and eq2 as i know eq2 is an awesome gam,e. sorry for the edit but the 56 weeks for both eq and eq2 also lets you play all the expansions no limits, and if you become an active subscriber you get to keep the download of eq2's newest expansion which by far is my favorite so far.

playing eq2 and two worlds

Excellent, thanks. Always enjoyed Alla's. This was very much what I was looking for.
    Had hoped there would be a guide on Castersrealm to but doesn't seem to be. Mind you I suspect the site hasn't been updated for a while.(still has God and Heroes listed on it's site)

Originally posted by nomadian

Had hoped there would be a guide on Castersrealm to but doesn't seem to be. Mind you I suspect the site hasn't been updated for a while.(still has God and Heroes listed on it's site)

Caster fell to the way side a few years ago, remember Everlore?

The Old Timers Guild
    All about the fun!

www.oldtimersguild.com

• RuakhRuakh Member Posts: 38

I think almost everyone who is returning to EQ will say, "Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times, yes."

That is because we really loved EQ, and we are all excited about getting the chance to return for 2 months, for free, no less, woot.

The only problem that remains is this: There are 24 servers; even the highest populated one is pretty desolate. I truly believe Sony is going to blow the biggest opportunity they have had since WoW took everyone away, that is, if they do something to keep us there.

This will be my second return. I tried 2 months ago, and left because was all alone. I wonder if this time will be any different? Nice poll, though. I think almost everyone is excited about the chance to return for free.

Now if only Sony will do something to keep us there, it could surely be the rebirth of a great game...or not, lol.

Originally posted by Ruakh

I think almost everyone who is returning to EQ will say, "Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times, yes."
    That is because we really loved EQ, and we are all excited about getting the chance to return for 2 months, for free, no less, woot.
    The only problem that remains is this: There are 24 servers; even the highest populated one is pretty desolate. I truly believe Sony is going to blow the biggest opportunity they have had since WoW took everyone away, that is, if they do something to keep us there.
    This will be my second return. I tried 2 months ago, and left because was all alone. I wonder if this time will be any different? Nice poll, though. I think almost everyone is excited about the chance to return for free.
    Now if only Sony will do something to keep us there, it could surely be the rebirth of a great game...or not, lol.

join a guild. its not that hard

• RuakhRuakh Member Posts: 38

DeadlyMage: thinks they have the great, short answers (in blue, no less), like Stromm for US, and AB for Europe, then says to join a guild, it's not that hard.

Pfffft. I played Stromm for my month a while back, got to level 46 and barely saw any people whatsoever. Talk about missing the point. Stromm might be the best for the US, but it is still fracking desolate. Join a guild, lol, 46 levels and pardon me if I don't join guilds unless I actually meet and become friends with at least one member that I actually meet and hang with in a group, say, at least one time, and then they might actually compliment you by inviting you into the guild. Oh ya, that used to happen in the old EQ when it was populated and people actually met and hung out in the actual zones. Pardon me if I don't want to go asking a bunch of strangers that I haven't met to let me in their guild at the Guild house, or whatever.

Sorry , my bad: Its not that hard, right...funny, I don't remember this conversation being about Guilds. It was about ... screw it ... I give up.

Originally posted by Ruakh

DeadlyMage: thinks they have the great, short answers (in blue, no less), like Stromm for US, and AB for Europe, then says to join a guild, it's not that hard.
    Pfffft. I played Stromm for my month a while back, got to level 46 and barely saw any people whatsoever. Talk about missing the point. Stromm might be the best for the US, but it is still fracking desolate. Join a guild, lol, 46 levels and pardon me if I don't join guilds unless I actually meet and become friends with at least one member that I actually meet and hang with in a group, say, at least one time, and then they might actually compliment you by inviting you into the guild. Oh ya, that used to happen in the old EQ when it was populated and people actually met and hung out in the actual zones. Pardon me if I don't want to go asking a bunch of strangers that I haven't met to let me in their guild at the Guild house, or whatever.
    Sorry , my bad: Its not that hard, right...funny, I don't remember this conversation being about Guilds. It was about ... screw it ... I give up.
    dont play a group based game then. simple as

also areas from 1-60 are pretty empty.

also if you want to find people go to the hot zones.

After getting some advice on where to go and whats new in eq my 71 rogue has really been having a great time returning to eq. I actually got to go on a 54 man raid on Anguish last night and won something; this is something I could have never done if soe hadn't opened these areas to those of us without keys.  I think the community in this game is the best ever and I think  eq is finally headed in the right direction. To any of you previous players that are burned out on our current crop of crap games I implore you to give this a try.

Kaalana 71 rogue of prexus.