Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bioshock MMO

noheynohey Member Posts: 3

Now im not sure if you guys have heard the latest or if many of you have infact played Bioshock. The game was out for the 360 last year and it smashed my expectations to the heavens a brillient masterpeace of a game. Now there seems to be rumours of a Bioshock MMO.

Some Links.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=185535

The only problem i have with this is how? Most occupants of Rapture were splicers or crazed inderviduals  and there was only one survivor. So im wondering how this may happen and what characters one might have down in the depths of the city. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Psiho246Psiho246 Member Posts: 482

Maybe there's more then one city!

• rwyanrwyan Member UncommonPosts: 468

The only thing I could think of is a MMO inspired by the gameplay, setting, and art style of Bioshock which in fact would be pretty cool.  So not so much a direct Bioshock MMO but a spiritual spin-off Bioshock MMO.

• noheynohey Member Posts: 3

So maybe it is set in Rapture at its hayday? Rather than after the disarster and the war? There still would be limited space to play though i think.

• isurusisurus Member Posts: 396

Bioshock was awesome. Honestly I'd like to see a GTA-style Bioshock game before an MMO tho

• bee52bee52 Member Posts: 158

I think they'd set it during Rapture's decline which was spread over years rather than after the game.

Gangs (aka guilds), crafting (genetics to develop plasmids etc), engineering (to create those wierdass weapons) etc.

Yes it could be done but tbh I wish they wouldn't. I very much doubt they'll be able to recapture the feel of Bioshock.

Having people running around being jackasses would break the atmosphere that made Bioshock memorable.

• glordglord Member UncommonPosts: 338

If they make it, I beg of them to make it NOT so demanding, graphics wise.

I want to see this happen though :D

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486

would be nice to play the game as an mmo