Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How are the New Frontiers nowadays?

NierroNierro Member UncommonPosts: 1,755

Title says it all. I've been MMO-less for a while, and am really bored. I was remembering how much fun I had on DAoC yesterday and I was wondering;

Is end-game PvP dead?

Are the people who play end-game PvP all fully templated?

Are the people who play lowbie BGs fully templated?

Is NF any fun anymore?

Comments

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

Last time I played, there were plenty of people out and about in the RVR zone.

Yes the people who play out in the RVR zone are more then likely fully templated.  Also since the influx of new players is low the majority of the people who you'll find in the low level bg's are actual maxed out people with their alts.  They have disposable income when it comes to in game cash so they tent to outfit their characters with proper templates for the given level.  There are others who just don't care enough to do it but they can still go to the housing zone and rummage through the merchants to find some items they can equip their toons with.

New Frontiers and the fun factor are all relative.  Some find it fun others don't.  The fights now are concentrated around the Agramon bridges and the keeps and bridges furthest from the realm gates.  You'll find plenty of stealthers roaming around and every so often you'll find a full group of people roaming around as well doing drive by's and trying to see if they can pick off anybody.  I used to just run into the Alb frontier and see if I can find people who were Power leveling others and just murder the groups.  This would in turn bring out all the Scouts who would try to take revenge.  This tends to provide me with some fun but even they get tired of it.  At that point I ended up going into Passage of Conflict and I'd usually find half a group in there and kill a few before I die and then try and get back and see if I can kill the rest before the dead ones come back.  You just have to go and find the fun.  However I no longer play DAoC.  I found the population to be dwindling and the people that were left at the time were cross realming by loging in on one realm, finding out where the enemy was and then getting on their main character in one of the other 2 realms and pull weird stuff like that.  I'm not sure if they instituted a timer between switching realms on the clusters but I'm not certain anymore.

I'd say go get a trial account and see for yourself.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-