Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you think my computer could run the game and have gmaeplay smooth?

BrotheryangBrotheryang Member UncommonPosts: 174

My processor : Intel Pentium 4 cpu 2.4 ghz

Memory: 3 gbs

Graphics card : Nvidia geforce 7300gt

also running windows xp with service pack 3.

anyways im just wondering if the game could perform well on medium settings?

Comments

• DrakeAirDrakeAir Member Posts: 37

I am pretty sure you could maybe even high... really depends on the memory of your graphics card also i cant really say you will always have smooth game play i have a GT 8800 512 mb 3.0Ghz Dual Core 2 processors and 2 gig RAM i run around 30 - 35 - 40 Frames per second but it drops quite a bit in certain areas so you may not have smooth running all the time but all in all its playable

• krezzinkrezzin Member Posts: 23

I'm sure it would be fine

• uNapalmuNapalm Member Posts: 1

Hi, I have P4 3.4 with nvidia 7600 and 2 gig ram.

I have to run on lowest settings to make the game playable. I used to have only 1 gig ram and it was an absolute nightmare with loading times but 2 gigs is OK. I get around 12 fps average/ sometimes low 20s, and sometimes only 7 or 8 fps if it gets busy!

I'm not sure if you will be able to run it at all with a p4 2.4 to be honest though as the min spec is 3gig.

Don't have any illusions mate as if you will be able to run it it will be on the lowest settings.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Low maybe med settings.

• DrakeAirDrakeAir Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by uNapalm

Hi, I have P4 3.4 with nvidia 7600 and 2 gig ram.
    I have to run on lowest settings to make the game playable. I used to have only 1 gig ram and it was an absolute nightmare with loading times but 2 gigs is OK. I get around 12 fps average/ sometimes low 20s, and sometimes only 7 or 8 fps if it gets busy!
    I'm not sure if you will be able to run it at all with a p4 2.4 to be honest though as the min spec is 3gig.
    Don't have any illusions mate as if you will be able to run it it will be on the lowest settings.

i heard in chat older CPUs can have a toll on the performance so i guess maybe you could run on a higher setting if you had a better CPU

sorry i mis read the OP post you could maybe play on low i thought yours was quad core.

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

People here have no idea about computers ._.

No, you won't even get to run the game. Your proccessor doesnt meet the minimum required, and your VGA is not from a gaming serie, only those that end in 600 (example: 8600) or more (8800, 7900) are gaming vgas.

Even if his card is a 7300, it doesn't mean it's over the minimum (6800), 7300 is just a low budget solution with updated drivers and divx versions compared to 6800, but the 6800 has a lot more of power.

• MaziarMaziar Member Posts: 31

Originally posted by Brotheryang

i lol'd

• SyNn3rSyNn3r Member UncommonPosts: 35

If you wanna play WoW, Rohan, Lineage 2 or those cartoon-like games like Fiesta or Pirate King, then your PC is fine, even for high settings.

If you wanna play AOC, WAR, and other new, similar games, I suggest a better processor. That should handle medium settings just right.

And btw, I'm a man who played Reqiuem on a 128 ram gfx card, 512 DDram400 and a 1,8 GHz AMD processor. And it worked fine with medium settings!

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

Sorry it wont.

First of all your CPU is a bit old [not duel core]

Memory well with this game i hear that 3 gig is the BARE minimum [4 is better].

The graphics card may be able to suppory low graphics maybee even medium depending on the graphical memory. Also its a 7300 which is just a chep upgraded 7000 series [like someone else said the x600 upwards cards are what you want as they are the proper uncut chipset].

Windows XP is fine but if you get a Duel core then Vista is where you need to go to get full use of the 2 cores.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• MaziarMaziar Member Posts: 31

get E8400

4gig ram

8800GT

very affordable will play anything on high even crysis

• qotsaqotsa Member UncommonPosts: 835

Originally posted by HYPERI0N

Sorry it wont.

The graphics card may be able to suppory low graphics maybee even medium depending on the graphical memory. Also its a 7300 which is just a chep upgraded 7000 series [like someone else said the x600 upwards cards are what you want as they are the proper uncut chipset].

Windows XP is fine but if you get a Duel core then Vista is where you need to go to get full use of the 2 cores.

I don't have a duel core cpu and I run the game on high settings. The real kicker is the game runs way better when set on high than on low or medium. For me anyway.  I had horrible performance until I turned it on high. I average between 20-50 fps with people around. In an instance alone I get 60-100. Also from my experience, the game runs like ass in Vista. Come to think of it, every game I own runs horrible on vista.

My system is. The only thing too terribly different from the OP is the card:

AMD 4000+

3 GB RAM

GeForce 8800gts.

• kaishi00kaishi00 Member Posts: 299

You're lucky if you can even play it on low settings.

• DreathorDreathor Member Posts: 537

You will be able to run it fine. Many people who have low end computers actually run it BETTER on high settings than low, with certain shaders and effects turned off.

You can easily maintain 20fps with that setup on mostly high settings (Remember to put shader version to 2.0 and filtering to bilinear). I have friends with worse computers who get 15-25 fps with that setup.

Anyone telling you "you will be lucky if you can run it on low" doesn't have a clue.

"If all you can say is... "It's awful, it's not innovative, it's ugly, it's blah.." Then you're an unimaginative and unpolished excuse for human life" -eburn

• DilweedDilweed Member UncommonPosts: 222

Originally posted by Ephimero

People here have no idea about computers ._.
    No, you won't even get to run the game. Your proccessor doesnt meet the minimum required, and your VGA is not from a gaming serie, only those that end in 600 (example: 8600) or more (8800, 7900) are gaming vgas.

Even if his card is a 7300, it doesn't mean it's over the minimum (6800), 7300 is just a low budget solution with updated drivers and divx versions compared to 6800, but the 6800 has a lot more of power.

The minimum is not a 6800 GT as you are claiming but a 6600 GT

The whole gaming series story is a bit over simplified, the 8600 for example is one of the worst cards ever made

btw, AOC runs on even older cards then the 6600 GT, I have tested it with an ATI 9800 pro which is the same generation as the geforce 5 series

• CreasianCreasian Member UncommonPosts: 112

Originally posted by HYPERI0N

Sorry it wont.

Of all the replies in this thread you show the least amount of knowledge.  XP uses DualCore processors to their fullest abilities.  AoC dosent even come close to using my two gigs of OC'ed ddr2-800 [1:1 425mhz] and I got the settings maxed at 1920x1200.  I never even crashed due to the horrid memory leak in Field of the Dead where almost everyone was getting crashes or horrid performance. 

The processor is fine.  The ram is fine.  All he needs to do is upgrade his GPU and hes fine.  I dont think he will have an enjoyable experience, aside from just being able to play, if he plans to group in dungeons and whatnot with his setup.  GPU upgrade.. thats it.

• DouhkDouhk Member Posts: 1,019

The only issues you will have is the processor. It is well below the min. and that may become a problem, as I couldn't even play this game on a 2.66 P4 compared to your 2.4. If you got a new CPU and added all those other parts it could probably run on medium at the highest, though most likely low.

A computer is like a restaurant; everything needs to function perfectly for it to be functioning the way it should. We can compare the chef to the processor, the kitchen's space itself as the hard drive, the waiters to the RAM, and the food to the video card. If the chef sucks, the food is going to suck and the waiters aren't going to be able to go as fast as they could, and it doesn't matter how big and good a workspace you give the chef, he's still going to suck. The good kitchen space is required for a good chef to function. If you give him a crappy workspace he's going to suck, despite his possible skills as a chef. If the waiters are slow to deliver the food it means less food is being spread around the restaurant, and the chef can stack wasted food if the waiters are too slow. And if the food choice sucks... everything else is out of the scenario, you're just going to want your money back.

You get the idea I'm trying to explain I think if you read through all of that. A computer needs everything together to function evenly for the computer to work at the best of it's abilities.

image If only SW:TOR could be this epic...