Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can my system run it ?

Hello, sorry for starting a second thread again but i didnt helped me out form the last one , so i decided to make a new one, My question is: can my system run AoC ?

Here is my system specs

Cpu: Intel pentium 4 duel core E2160 1.80 GHZ OCed at 3.01 (Note: i have a feeling that i havent seen any big chances at game perfomances, For example i tried to play LOTRO at ultra high setting and i got a bit low fps about 20. Is this normal or it means my cpu is not stable ?

Graphic Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 2600 XT GDR3 256MB ( Also i am looking to upgrade my graphic card and if possible can you suggest me the best one at around 100-120 pounds ? )

RAM: 3GB OCZ  PC2-6400C4 Dual Channel Platinum  XTC Series DDR2

PSU: ehmm i dont know , it came with case

i use the 8.6 beta drives for my graphic card

First of all what settings i would run the game and wqith what FPS ?

Comments

• Psiho246Psiho246 Member Posts: 482

I recommend a new GPU.

Wait for the end of the month and see how far will the price drop when new ATI, Nvidia cards are out.

• GreekboiGreekboi Member Posts: 7

yeah i know but how my current spec will run AoC ?

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519

if you can run oblivion you can run AOC, so from what i can see if you have low settings on AOC maybe even medium settings you can run it and if you think your processor doesnt have a good OC clock it to 2800 if thats the case. you only need 2400 for AOC.

edit: edited high to medium. thats what i ment to say.

• kaishi00kaishi00 Member Posts: 299

when you upgrade your graphics card, make sure to upgrade your power supply while you're at it. If the power supply came with the case, it's probably around 450 watts or so, which is way too little.

Also, your CPU OC is... well a pretty high OC and I'm wondering why you even have it that high if you can't test if it's stable yourself. Use prime95 and leave it on for about a day or so.

i have that high becuase i wanted to beat my brother who has the same cpu, anyway can you suggest me the best graphic card at the rang of 100-120 pounds ?

and btw where i can download oblivion demo ?

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519

:o( i mean your computer can run oblivion. and there are AoC system test programs somewhere around the net to see if your pc can run the game. Down clock the damn CPU you are prolly failing because your PSU doesnt have enough juice to around 2.8ghz and u can run the game. though would recommend a better CPU. and you OC'd to beat your bother so it prolly isnt even a stable OC. use prime95 and find out if your cpu is even stable like one suggested earlier. once your puter is stable then think about playing AoC.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

40 fps might run slow if you try to max setting not a lot of machine can run this at max smootly(yet)but then they had memory dump issue  when i tried it  but youll be fine.might want to try a free trial .also lot of hidden potential we havent eard about yet like castle siege thing.we ll know if this game is cool when we hear more about castle thing the pve is your regular wow style quest system you get to kill pvp at lvl 10 on the sand island nice touch there.you ll love to gore effect (any need their head remooved lol)

• MaziarMaziar Member Posts: 31

that wont run aoc at all.