Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any bonuses for normal edition preorder?

Hey all.

I'm thinking of just preordering the normal edition, since there have been problems galore in regards to ordering the CE edition for me here in Europe (play.com doesn't deliver outside of the UK,  other online retailers not delivering, etc.). GOA said they'd try to fix it with a pan-European retailer or whatever (link), but I'm not really holding my breath.

With that said, does the normal edition preorder come with anything, or are you just out of luck if you don't have the CE period? I've been trying to find some info on this but most places talk only about CE bonuses -- which I guess means there won't be any bonuses for those who preorder the normal version, but I just wanted to make sure and see if anyone heard anything.

Thanks.

Comments

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Nope....none!  Just get a friend in the US to buy it, give u the keys to play it when it arrives and then ship it too you!

• SolidScapeSolidScape Member UncommonPosts: 28

That's what I was afraid of. *sigh*

Thanks.

• deepdishdeepdish Member Posts: 28

All thta will happen is Mythic will add in all the bonuses as unlocks months later or just add in better stuff in patches later on so don't cry about not getting a geek edition....noone cares about people who show off how much more of the geek they are than you.

I don't know about other people, but for me getting the CE isn't about waving my geek badge or trying to show I'm the biggest and baddest woman around.

• kitsunegirlkitsunegirl Member Posts: 525

Umm... I believe all preoders (regular and ce), get some sort of "tent" that you can use to "rest in between battles." Im not sure exactly what it is, but its on the site.

Hmm, I only see them talk about the CE edition. I'll keep an eye out, but I haven't seen anything about any preorder bonuses for the normal one.

• kintrikkintrik Member Posts: 194

they haven't announced the pre-order of the normal edition yet, so they haven't announced any bonuses for pre-ordering it.

• jzuskajzuska Member Posts: 418

Amazon has pre orders of non-ce editions. No bonus listed. Get the CE if you want the bonus.... isn't that the point?

Originally posted by Mallika_K

waving my geek badge
    *polishes his geek badge till its so shiny it blinds the non-geeks!  hehe

Always been a geek, been playing games for over 25 years, and doubt I'll stop anytime soon...

Amazon has pre orders of non-ce editions. No bonus listed. Get the CE if you want the bonus.... isn't that the point?

I don't live in the USA and therefore would rather play on an EU server (getting the Amazon.com edition = playing on a US server). Plus, there are no (English-language) online retailers that deliver the CE outside the UK, which means I'm excluded as I live outside the UK ... so I'm kind of looking at normal editions now -- hence my question in this thread.

Then have a friend in the UK buy it, then send it to ya!  It's gonna cost you alot more though.....

• kegtapkegtap Member Posts: 261

I would think English would be an install option if you bought the CE in Europe but of course the CE edtion books would in the language of the country you bought it in.

At least you would get the head start, open beta and in game itmes.

something you may want to check out

I can feel your anger. This game is defenseless. Take your weapon. Strike this game down with all of your hatred, and your journey towards towards the Dark Side will be complete.

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

I was just at best buy and they have War pre-order boxes.  This was for the non-ce

you get a beta access code, RITTENBACH'S PORTABLE CAMP and the Champions Sapphire Band

all pre-order info can be found here.  Basically, theyre the same with the exception of the type of ring.  These are not limited to collectors edition

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • kitsunegirlkitsunegirl Member Posts: 525

Thought as much, when I ordered mine, I was asked which I wanted. CE or regular.

I choose ce. I skipped ce last couple games. Figured Id get one this time for the extra stuffs.

• Jaga-TAOJaga-TAO Member Posts: 176

Originally posted by Rayx0r

I was just at best buy and they have War pre-order boxes.  This was for the non-ce
    you get a beta access code, RITTENBACH'S PORTABLE CAMP and the Champions Sapphire Band

all pre-order info can be found here.  Basically, theyre the same with the exception of the type of ring.  These are not limited to collectors edition

I don't believe this is true info at all.

The type of ring changes based on where you bought the Pre-Order CE, not on what kind of pre-order it was.  Right now I've only seen the Collector's Edition, and if you look hard at the info on the official Warhammer Online site, you'll be able to verify all of this.

Pretty sure there is no normal pre-order available yet.  At least not that I've seen.

Edit:  As a follow-up to this, here's the official site's CE Preorder Program page.  And here's a link to the normal preorder page.  See any differences?  :)

Originally posted by Jaga-TAO

I don't believe this is true info at all.

The type of ring changes based on where you bought the Pre-Order CE, not on what kind of pre-order it was.  Right now I've only seen the Collector's Edition, and if you look hard at the info on the official Warhammer Online site, you'll be able to verify all of this.

Pretty sure there is no normal pre-order available yet.  At least not that I've seen.

Edit:  As a follow-up to this, here's the official site's CE Preorder Program page.  And here's a link to the normal preorder page.  See any differences?  :)

Like I said, Best Buy has the pre-order boxes in and thats what they are offering.  Id imagine more people will know about this in the days to come.

and yes, the ring is different depending on the store you pre-order from.  I know I said "this was for the non-ce", when I should have said this was just a generic pre-order box.  However, it doesnt matter if you pre-ordered the CE or the standard.. the pre-order items remain the same and arent limited to the CE.

btw, the normal pre-order link you provided isnt working.

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."

That was most likely intentional. As in, "here is a page full of CE details" and "here is the page for the normal edition -- as in, no info at all!"

That was most likely intentional. As in, "here is a page full of CE details" and "here is the page for the normal edition -- as in, no info at all!"

Pretty much, the normal edition isn't available to pre-order yet.  Nor is there any info on it, so it makes me wonder if Mythic is deciding on adding an pre-orders only item to it!   Then of course non-pre-orders get nothing!

Yep, it was intentional.  It was easy to see their url naming scheme and simply alter it for the normal edition preorder - which there wasn't a page for.

I bet they will come up with one in due time, after all the CE are bought up.  Which doesn't seem far away at this point.  Several online retailers are out of them, and when I went to look for a local copy at a BestBuy, there were 4 left within a driving time of 30 minutes.  I'm sure there are still a few dozen left in most major cities, but for how much longer is the question.  CE preorder seems to be coming to a close...

lol...

you guys are something else :)

lets necro this thread when you figure out that

a. yes, you can pre-order the standard edition.. right now.

b. the pre-order items are the same for the ce and the standard.

when that day comes, I'll have a big mug of "I told you so" for you :)

just walk into best buy and look for yourself if you dont believe me.  They have the pre-order boxes and they state clearly whats included with the pre-order.  It cost $10 and its a standard pre-order box not limited to the CE

cheers!

lol...

just walk into best buy and look for yourself if you dont believe me.  They have the pre-order boxes and they state clearly whats included with the pre-order.  It cost $10 and its a standard pre-order box not limited to the CE
    cheers!
    My store-bought preorder from BestBuy in North America clearly states Collector's Edition right on the front (and on the back now that I'm looking).  I didn't see a non-CE edition when I was there, and the guy who found me a copy at another store didn't mention a different package when he looked.  Still pretty dubious about the non-CE preorder.  Perhaps someone should do a scan of their non-CE bought preorder and post it for us.  ;)

• elvenangelelvenangel Member Posts: 2,205

lol...

cheers!

I'll be laughing when the Head Start Ends and asks you to enter your CE code and it goes "This is not a Collector's Edition Product Key" and cuts off your account.   You do know thats happens right? lol

The items, the Head start, and the open beta codes are for the CE, the items & OB code I don't believe are tied to the CE product key but the Head start Most definitly Is.   I'll be laughing my ass off at all the people who got those codes without a CE they build up a character & account and use their item codes and then get cut off and have to start over without the items or the characters they made lol.

The Best Buy boxes are for the CE .. there is no pre order program for the Standard Edition there never has been.

oh yea hmm here's the best buy link for the STANDARD Edition...there's no mention what so oever of items or key codes ...if you look at the CE pre order selection how oever there is if their instore clerks are selling the pre order box incorrectly thats just as funny as the Gamestop problems...there'll be alot of pissed people after the head start ends.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8759337&st=warhammer+online&lp=2&type=product&cp=1&id=1202650464600

just to re iterate there is no Standard Edition Pre Order Bonus. 

Please Refer to Doom Cat with all conspiracies & evil corporation complaints. He'll give you the simple explination of..WE"RE ALL DOOMED!

• wjrasmussenwjrasmussen Member Posts: 1,493

That's what I was afraid of. *sigh*
    Thanks.

Preordering gets you a box (not considering dishonest sellers).  You aren't entitled to special extras.  It attempts to get over the problem of not getting a box at a retail store.   Imagine the game sells out before you can pick it up at the store.  Then you will be SOL. Preordering is an attempt to overcome this situation.

Yep, I know that. It's just that with AoC having preorder bonuses for even the standard edition, I was wondering if there were any for WAR, is all. :)