Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's your BioWare MMO:

MotorheadMotorhead Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

Source at Kotaku

Laid off LucasArts employee spills beans...

----------------------------------------------
"Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb." -- Batman

Comments

• GormandYGormandY Member Posts: 411

Nice find, thanks... if it is KOTOR 3... cant wait ;p

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Wow, that would rock!  But based on the games Bioware has made in the past, might we expect another class and level based game with quests leading the player from their first moment into the game to max level?

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Originally posted by Terranah

Wow, that would rock!  But based on the games Bioware has made in the past, might we expect another class and level based game with quests leading the player from their first moment into the game to max level?

It is quite possible it will be level based with a storyline but this is Bioware. They make great games and they don't release buggy games either. In Bioware We Trust ? I think so cause noone else seems to be getting it right.

• TheChronicTheChronic Member Posts: 253

you guys forget that LucasArts got everything in their hands, they tell bioware what kind of game to make and they decide if the game gets a "upgrade" or not...

it doesnt change shit for the pre-cu swg community...

kotor 3 will be another cookie cutter mmo, since lucasArts has already commented that they are not interested in complex elements in a mmo, because their primary target are the casual players who prefer linear questing systems like world of warcraft. they belive that the pre-cu game system will not be successfull and thats the reason why we still got no pre-cu servers

kotor 3 as a mmo will come, but it will be the same world of warcraft game play (cookie cutter style for 12 - 16 year olds) that we have seen over and over and over again...

"You must be either retarded or a fanboi..."

• GutboyGutboy Member Posts: 630

I read through most of the responses and it seems no one is looking forward to it. I liked this response:

"If KOTOR 3 really is being planned as an MMO I'd personally prefer that they just cancel it instead."

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

If KOTOR 3  is the MMO that I and many others  have been waiting for then its will not be long for the NGE.

I daresay , its going to be one heck of a Rodo Report this month.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• Pjay2kPjay2k Member CommonPosts: 260

Originally posted by JestorRodo

If KOTOR 3  is the MMO that I and many others  have been waiting for then its will not be long for the NGE.

HELLO !!!!?????

LucasArts IS NOT interested in another pre-cu gamesystem. They prefer linear casual gameplay like World of Warcraft.

Another sandbox Starwars MMO won't happen under LucasArts.

SOE and NGE-Star Wars Galalaxies:
    Raph Koster: "It's like dumping the girlfriend who has always been patient and loving to chase after the supermodel who probably won't love you back."

• SinzOfManSinzOfMan Member UncommonPosts: 224

I didn't even like the star wars movies.  I don't know what you guys see in this stuff.

• KaltesHerzKaltesHerz Member Posts: 237

Originally posted by SaintViktor

Originally posted by Terranah

It is quite possible it will be level based with a storyline but this is Bioware. They make great games and they don't release buggy games either.WRONG! Their games are just as buggy as everyone elses. I remember getting so pissed at KOTOR that I uninstalled it. During the part where you get captured and you have to choose which of your party breaks the others out I chose my favorite toon the little T3 whatever droid, and towards the end of the break out it glithced out EVEN WITH THE PATCH that I couldn't continue. I save my games frequently but I had saved myself into a bad spot and couldn't reload back to a point where I wouldn't be fucked. That's just to name 1  In Bioware We Trust ? I think so cause noone else seems to be getting it right.

I do like Bioware and they do make quality products.

Teaming up with Lucus Arts for an MMO just spells disaster.

Want a taste of religion? Lick a witch.

Originally posted by Pjay2k

Originally posted by JestorRodo

HELLO !!!!?????

LucasArts IS NOT interested in another pre-cu gamesystem. They prefer linear casual gameplay like World of Warcraft.

Another sandbox Starwars MMO won't happen under LucasArts.

Muahahaha , I really don't care if LucasArts wants to put cirular stools in a box and sell them, Mr HELLOO  I am only interested in putting the NGE to rest.

You should only play in sandboxes but not the MMO type. You apperently do not know what I am about - I invite you to and await your apology.

Unaware of the Jestor?

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• rejadrejad Member Posts: 346

I expect WoW with a Star Wars skin.  If it isn't the bug-tastic mess SWG is, I'll probably play it off on and on.  Like I do with WoW.  But I don't expect much.

• deepdishdeepdish Member Posts: 28

I dunno Bioware games have never been seemless and if it turns out to be as instanced as KOTOR then I'm not interested....

• Force_FireForce_Fire Member Posts: 145

It's anything but a confimation...but the news is uplifting.

Originally posted by deepdish

I dunno Bioware games have never been seemless and if it turns out to be as instanced as KOTOR then I'm not interested....
      I agree a mostly instanced KOTOR MMO would be like Guild Wars in space. Not  that Guild wars is bad but it takes away from a wandering champion helping a another player which in my mind builds communities and makes legends.

Unaware of the Jestor?

• suskesuske Member Posts: 714

good to see lucas arts suffering. hope GL steps in and fires everyone.

• StanfordStanford Member Posts: 218

No surprise. SOE  is so bad for a company to team up with plus SOE has done more then enough damage to Star Wars IP already.

LA needs badly something positive, they  can't afford to reside in dirt with SOE forever.

• kefkahkefkah Member UncommonPosts: 832

And Bioware is still playing their no comment but you are wrong game...

http://forums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=623527&forum=22&sp=705

• rejadrejad Member Posts: 346
    Originally posted by kefkah

And Bioware is still playing their no comment but you are wrong game...
    http://forums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=623527&forum=22&sp=705

Man, whatever.  I'm so sick of this stupid coy BS they're pulling.  They're definetely making the game and will release it, why not just tell everyone what you're working on?

• Plasuma!!!Plasuma!!! Member Posts: 1,872

WOW!!! ANOTHER STAR WARS MMO!!!!

I love how everyone is totally ignoring the fact that LA just laid off a hundred folks in favor of out-sourced labor, and that a former EA COO is now their president.

You know the MMO is going to be DOA if the LA staff has anything to do with it. If BioWare is not in 100% control, then the project is doomed.

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

As the news article says "take it with a grain of salt."  ;)

• MathosMathos Member Posts: 897

think it will come down to whos incharge of adding and oking whats put into the game for me.

if its $OE and L/A ill pass on this one or any of the too.

• Exar_KunExar_Kun Member Posts: 242
    Originally posted by Mathos

think it will come down to whos incharge of adding and oking whats put into the game for me.

You have to think that LA will have some say in ANY star wars product....not sure there is anyway around that fact. If this is true, you will never play a another Star Wars game....EVER!

• MathosMathos Member Posts: 897
    Originally posted by Exar_Kun

Originally posted by Mathos

You have to think that LA will have some say in ANY star wars product....not sure there is anyway around that fact. If this is true, you will never play a another Star Wars game....EVER!

Then so be it......................

As of swg i do not play any starwars title........

or buy the books..............

Waiting on stargate worlds....

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by Motorhead

Source at Kotaku

Well if your source is correct then Kotor 3 will be one sucky game considering LA is sacking all the people supposibly working on it. If this is true then it has all the markings of being buggy, untested, and rushed out the door.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by winter

Originally posted by Motorhead

Source at Kotaku

Well if your source is correct then Kotor 3 will be one sucky game considering LA is sacking all the people supposibly working on it. If this is true then it has all the markings of being buggy, untested, and rushed out the door.

Biowares working on it not Lucas Arts if it is a Star Wars MMO.  Bioware is under EA so they will not be having any money problems for awhile.