Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Kungfu entered Closed Beta

World of KunFu started CB.

Here is the link for sign up

http://www.worldofkungfu.com/signup.cfm

Comments

• quanhi21quanhi21 Member Posts: 2

I'm still waiting waiting for the invitation, looks like a great game to play :)

• GueberGueber Member UncommonPosts: 37

I'm still waiting for an invite. There is little to no information on the website, so I can't really determine if it's potentially good or just another poorly translated foreign import grind-fest. At least from what I'm reading on the forums it can't be to bad though.

• bobblerbobbler Member UncommonPosts: 810

i played it, and for me it had an epic memory leak after switching maps maybe once or twice it would drop to about 5 fps from 80+.

• OrobasDivineOrobasDivine Member Posts: 26

Good game for closed beta, cant say anything bout it though, LOL sworn to secrecy but, its fun. and good graphics.

OD

"It is through the errors of others that I learn not to be them"

• Mstng9961Mstng9961 Member Posts: 85

I have an extra invite that I can send out to a friend.

Anyone who wants it just post your email and I will forward it to you.

• RighteousRighteous Member UncommonPosts: 99

Heeey I'll give it a go...

<EDIT>

Thanks man...it's my public email.

R'

*EDIT: Thanks again I'll see ya ingame.

Sent!!

I used my hotmail account to send it.

So if you dont see it, make sure you check the junk folder

• xxxVIPERxxxxxxVIPERxxx Member UncommonPosts: 8

1) Grind factor in this game is off the charts...starts about level 20 and spirals downward. For a game with 100 levels, if the xp tables stay the same, your in a 3 year window to hit max level.

2) Instancing in game, requires minimum of a full party, or else your going to need many high lvls to complete them.

3) ITEM Pickup key suckes butt.

4)Staff has raised GS's in game, and of course, most of them are bigheaded.

5)Crafting in game, as it stands, you can craft every item, but only Armor/Wpns gets you any rep on the rep system. Needs overhauled, as you are crafting meds and many more things which should count.

6)Bosses will be camped, as they spawn every 5 minutes or so, and there are 17+ of them, none of which after the first 2 can be solo'd by the same level as them...Bosses are average 20+ levels over the ingame stats...Needs fixing...

7)Game community sucks, nobody talks, and when they do, most only tell you to shut up, or quit bitching about something.

8)High level content not in game, and from all appearances, no clue when it's coming.

9)School system, gah, best be a trillionaire to make your school worth anything.

10)No ability to build your character yourself. Stats are all preset per level, based on starting choices, all you do is craft gear n buy pots...Classes are not preportional to each other, the staff class is going to be the dominate group thanks to the xp sucking so much. Spear can aoe kill faster than the other classes.

11)PvP if free range after lvl 20, and already, even during CB, you had the rush type players camping gateways and killing anything that moved thru it. No ability to turn off/on yet, and none forseen.

12)Upgrading system, just like every other MMO, goes out to +20 in this game though, and it's pure luck to get anything over +5 without a Saftey Voucher, which OF COURSE, is an items mall item. And it only guarantee's no breakage, so be prepared to invest $100's to get 1 item to +20.

13)If the Chinese version is any indication of this games future, it will be ITEMS MALL run, botting from hell, and gold farmers only. Xp to severe for a normal player, starting about lvl 20, near to 30 it's murder.

So until OB hits, this game is a back shelf hit. For those of you who want to waste 8+ hours a day, getting 10% of a level, this is your game. Have at it.

Hope they fix it, as it does have potential, but only if the GM listens to the public, and quits being a (whatever) and thinking peoples complaints, bitches are anything more than that.

Major focus of the staff appears to be damage control. They monitor the boards with a fierceness, deleting anything derogitory, any complaints that bash them or thier GS's, and if anything even walks the envelope gets deleted, and said people get warned, pm'd, and harassed for thier candor.

I don't jive with games that try to hide thier faults . So, in the end, this game will most likely end up another dud just like Martial Hero's/Hero Online, and many others I've tested over the years.

Enjoy!

• NallaMaeNallaMae Member UncommonPosts: 35

i agree with you because i played it and now taking a break cause all i ever see is negative responses i love KungFu games and i hope this one makes it, when game first came out i asked to help moderate forums but somehow my post was deleted, alot of favoritisim i see but thats besides the point,  Game Sages do take things to extreme, i wanted to say alot but afraid post will get deleted before heard on the forums so i dont bother but like i said i hope game makes it and i will play in open beta but if it hasnt changed then it wont be for long

I am suprised on how cookie cutter these Asian Item mall games that have been coming out are.   Well i guess not since it seems that so many of them are popping up.

I guess they feel the more they release the more chance they get people ot play and pay up front.  because I dont know anyone who play most of these games very long.

Ok, here we go:

1)If you don't party, you don't lvl quickly in this game, unless your an Items Mall abuser and buy tons of Xp scrolls

2)Exp/Drops are at 1/1....Uber slow

3)Every item of convience is Items Mall bound

4)Making this a $$ sink game

5)Bugged all to hell yet, game crashes constantly and crap like that

6)Quests cannot be found unless you have played before

7)School features bugged all to hell, no fix in sight

8)New maps not open yet, and no clue as to when

9)Upgrading, what a joke...+20 is max, anything after +5 breaks completely when failed, will take 20 bucks+ to make a +20 item with protection from Items mall, and thats if you DONT fail

10)GS's in game that are douche's and GM does nothing about it

11)First major event, whooeee baby a WHOLE 2x exp/drop ratio for an hour....Waste of time since it is Xmas eve, and 99% of the game population with thier families celebrating

12)PvP is allowed freely on any map, so watch out for the Items Mall abusers who sped lvl'd up, and now are backtracking killing the noobs, even during the event they killed people...What a waste of space...

13) Stick with Shaiya, at least you can level decently there, and are not forced to use items mall to get ahead in game

14)Crafting, what a joke, takes tons of stuff collected, which also takes tons of time, to make just 1 piece of gear after lvl 20....Wasted space

Want to sink your life into a game for the next 3 years to get anything accomplished? This is your game then...

So, skip this game, find something better....

Rating:  10 being best, 0/10

Originality: 10 being best, 0/10

Cash Hog: 10 being best, 10/10

Fun Factor: 10 being best: 0/10

Life Sink: 10 being best: 10/10

*Life Sink, how much time it takes to play this....

Thanks for leting me know!

I was bout to actually activate my beta invite, but doesnt look like I am going to be doing that now.

• omegaflareomegaflare Member UncommonPosts: 220

an invite would be nice ..

Latest Review of WoKF:

1) Botters abound, and from all appearances, as long as they are spending $$ in IM, they are left to run rampant.

2) Exp sucks so badly that on the weekends, they need 2x Exp just to make up for nobody really playing during the week..And then it's such a lagfest, that you don't accomplish squat.

3) IM abusers buying/selling in game gold by the 1000's, so typical of MMO's allowing this, market prices are 10x what they should be, and in the end, the rich just hoard everything, getting richer, and the norm players stay broke, and rarely can afford anything in game.

4)Game crashes so much, I feel like I spend 99% of my time typing my log in, instead of playing the game.

5)GS's are allowed free reign, even after complaints have been sent, with documented proof of thier abuse of players, and nothing happens.

6)Crafting is still a joke, you can't hardly get past +5 without IM scrolls of "SAFTEY" which cost alot, since +20 is the max on upgrading...and add in the failure rates....

7)PvP, yes, this is a free PvP game, and the IM abusers abuse this. On any given day, you will be killed on average, at least 8 times in a 4 hour session, by high lvls that are bored, because the grind in this game sucks so badly.

8) Crimsons, the GM/GS "equalizers" for excessive/repetitive pvp'ers, rumors have them being used, and abused to take over area's/bosses for "thier" friends.

9) Towns lag so bad from all the shops that you can barely get around, let alone move.

10)State an opinion on the forums that a GS doesn't agree with, watch it magically vanish from the board

11) Some of the GM's still don't do *hit when things are reported to them, they just ingore you..

12) Patch release has been posted for at least 2 months, and there is still no concrete date for it...

13)So lvl 60 is cap, maps, are few and over crowded, bosses camped, and just plain mayhem rules.

14)All items of convience, ie. extra personal storage, warehouse storage, and the like are IM items, and are way over priced, leaving the normal players running to town every 20 minutes/30 max to empty out, or leaving 95% of thier loot lie around...

I highly reccomend staying away from this botfest, over run with "teenagers" with an attitude game. Go play Blood Fued Rohan when it comes out. Way better crafting, more diversity in character building, fishing, PvP, City's run by Guilds who win wars, and many more features....It's well worth it, and they ARE implementing ways for even a norm player to stop/get botters out....The jail system is a huge penalty...Botters end up "Perm" jailed.... LMFAO! So go enjoy it when OB hits in the next week or so....STAY AWAY FROM WoKF if you want to be smart...or else have a big a*sed bank account, because the only way to compete decently here is via your bank account!

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391

The game looks not much different than Hero online or 9Dragons, and slew of other games released long ago  tbh.

• rain863rain863 Member Posts: 9

No ability to build your character yourself. Stats are all preset per level, based on starting choices, all you do is craft gear n buy pots...Classes are not preportional to each other, the staff class is going to be the dominate group thanks to the xp sucking so much. Spear can aoe kill faster than the other classes.

• pandolinopandolino Member Posts: 39

can you tell me if they have stats?? like agi dex str int just like that coz im searching for some MMO that have stats point ^_^