Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AoC

So i was playing AoC today, and in the OOC everyone was discussing WAR. Coincidentally 8/10 of them claimed to be in the beta, and said how they prefer AoC. And 4 of those even went on to say how WAR is too easy and wow like...I'm sure.

Comments

• kdoane12kdoane12 Member Posts: 71

/ignore.

*shakes head*

WHEN DID CREATIVITY DIE

• TheSheikhTheSheikh Member Posts: 804

Well, did you believe them?

STOP WHINING!

• vinlandvinland Member Posts: 25

Not really. Maybe one of them was, but i doubt all of them were. It seems like trend these days to claim to be in the beta and bash the game.

• DreawingDreawing Member Posts: 362

well there idiots. they havent.. because every interview thats been out... said its hard..

so enough said.. warhammer got more skill into the game.. so epic fail :)

• cyricsoncyricson Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Originally posted by vinland

So i was playing AoC today, and in the OOC everyone was discussing WAR. Coincidentally 8/10 of them claimed to be in the beta, and said how they prefer AoC. And 4 of those even went on to say how WAR is too easy and wow like...I'm sure.

Haha, plz!  AoC is difficult?????Hahaha....

• TheSheikhTheSheikh Member Posts: 804

Not really. Maybe one of them was, but i doubt all of them were. It seems like trend these days to claim to be in the beta and bash the game.

Exactly

STOP WHINING!

• RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

they are just the angry AoC fanboy      of course you will find those on AoC who bash WAR...well when WAR comes out...we will see

• DreawingDreawing Member Posts: 362

Probally there saying that to is because they are sticking up for a game thats sucks..

Warhammer > Aoc

Warhammer has no complaints from any interviewer or beta player yet..

Aoc has tons of complaints so hehehe

• vinlandvinland Member Posts: 25

Aoc really isn't that bad. It's pretty fun... sometimes. But hard, no way. Its seriously one of the easiest mmo's i've ever played.

• PureChaosPureChaos Member Posts: 839

Well from my experience from today i tried AOC from my friends house, lvled a necro to around 10took about like 30 mins, was very fast yet blah.

The minion system was.....just.....omg crap. Not the minions them selves but just the controls, like anything past 1-10 wasnt maped had to set up myself. Also with the frenzy thing was annoying because it would do the buff, then trying to target the enemy while the buff is up seemed to be this utmost pain.

Now i will say this was the first 30 mins but unimpressed.

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

Yeah everything 1-40ish is pretty well polished and such, and seeing how WAR has ~5 months to improve...even if they were in beta and everything, well, we have to wait and see. Plus WAR will lift NDA when "open" beta starts, about a month before release...not 2 weeks hehe.

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Anarchy Online Continued as I see it!  Not as bad a launch but plagued with not being finished or content wise! 

• FreddyNoNoseFreddyNoNose Member Posts: 1,558

Don't forget the other trend.  Coming to forums and bashing the game through Nth hand information.  You know, the ones who are a friend of a friend, or who heard 16 out of 20 people in OOC in some other game coming here and innocently asking a question.  As if we would fall for it.

• armengararmengar Member UncommonPosts: 51

I really havent heard anyone saying much of anything in ooc in AOC, at all that is pretty devoid of conversation on the server I was/am on.

anyway I played it a bit , just dont like it much cant really pin down what it is, so I preordered WAR after playing AOC a week.

This isnt a bash on aoc, I hear of lots of folks loving it just not for this old eq/eq2/lotro/L2/wow/ddo ex player

• elvenangelelvenangel Member Posts: 2,205

Most of the people who are hard core into AoC are going to say WAR is to easy because quite frankly they are looking for something that caters a bit more to the elite player.  AoC is that game..it caters to the raiders, the hard core ffa pvpers,  and those looking for more freedom.  To them those things equal hard....when really those things have nothing to do with making a game challenging..just frustrating on some level.

Let them say what they wanna say its no skin off our back ... If you Build it..They Will Come (rofl totally rips off a movie)

Please Refer to Doom Cat with all conspiracies & evil corporation complaints. He'll give you the simple explination of..WE"RE ALL DOOMED!

• kitsunegirlkitsunegirl Member Posts: 525

Originally posted by Khrymson

Anarchy Online Continued as I see it!  Not as bad a launch but plagued with not being finished or content wise! 
    *pokes* I actually used that once... someone ragged on me for calling this game Wowhammer... so to prove that I nickname games I used Anarchy Online Continued... hehe

Aion by the sounds of it will be Aion: Where are the wings you promised us? lol

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

I'm nitpicking but this is the wrong forum for this thread.

To the OP:

Does it really matter that much? OOC is just that. They could be discussing anything. Could have been GTA4.

• justinopejustinope Member Posts: 46

continuing from your topic title:

is bad

yep I actually returned the pos to the store

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Now, that's something hard to believe. Where can you return opened MMO boxes?

• PureChaosPureChaos Member Posts: 839
    Originally posted by Xasapis

Now, that's something hard to believe. Where can you return opened MMO boxes?

ebay :P

• CelestianCelestian Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Originally posted by needalife214
    they are just the angry AoC fanboy of course you will find those on AoC who bash WAR...well when WAR comes out...we will see

Lets be honest, most of them, like myself, just playing AoC till we get into WAR beta or the game is actually released ;)

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by elvenangel
    Most of the people who are hard core into AoC are going to say WAR is to easy because quite frankly they are looking for something that caters a bit more to the elite player.  AoC is that game..it caters to the raiders, the hard core ffa pvpers,  and those looking for more freedom.  To them those things equal hard....when really those things have nothing to do with making a game challenging..just frustrating on some level.
    Let them say what they wanna say its no skin off our back ... If you Build it..They Will Come (rofl totally rips off a movie)

Field of Dreams maybe??

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408

Originally posted by Celestian

Originally posted by needalife214

they are just the angry AoC fanboy of course you will find those on AoC who bash WAR...well when WAR comes out...we will see

Lets be honest, most of them, like myself, just playing AoC till we get into WAR beta or the game is actually released ;)

And most of those will be jumping again when the next big game rolls out as well ^^ It's quite a simple world these days.

• Black_ElvisBlack_Elvis Member Posts: 188

Originally posted by elvenangel

AoC is that game..it caters to the raiders, the hard core ffa pvpers,  and those looking for more freedom. 

1. No end-game content for raiders.   Check.

2. GMs that discourage PVP on PVP servers. (to the point of being punished themselves).  Check.

3. Freedom to chose from a whopping 1-3 zones per level bracket.  Check.

Elvenangel your posts are, quite frankly, becoming rediculous.  Fanbois fool no one anymore.

• I predict AoC will go the way of LotRO if it hasn't gotten a considerable playerbase and does'nt suck by the time WAR/WotLK come out.