Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long is your account saved if it is inactive?

noxxlenoxxle Member Posts: 119

The player guide on the eve homepage says:

"All information about your characters and their belongings is stored on our servers. If your account is temporarily disabled for any reason, this data will be preserved for several months. You can reopen your account at any time through the Account Management page and restart your subscription."

Is that it? just a few months?

Comments

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

It's at least a couple of years... I briefly reactivated in March 2007 after over 2 years of inactivity and my character was still there...

• deepdishdeepdish Member Posts: 28

Until the game shuts down.

• WuuduuWuuduu Member Posts: 62

ive found my first trial character, which is still "alive" and its 3 years and 1 month old.

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

They could delete the account after a few months if they wanted according to their tos. They just don't do it.

• noxxlenoxxle Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by Wuuduu

ive found my first trial character, which is still "alive" and its 3 years and 1 month old.

Was the account that this character is on under a subscription cycle during this time? My question was what happens to your characters after your subscription ends and you do not renew.

• babacbabac Member UncommonPosts: 179

CCP does not delete inactive accounts, so if you cancle your subscription you can return any time you want and play where you stopped

• jayheld90jayheld90 Member UncommonPosts: 1,726
    Originally posted by noxxle

Was the account that this character is on under a subscription cycle during this time? My question was what happens to your characters after your subscription ends and you do not renew.

i have played, off and on since 2005, my account was never deleted. i am pretty sure they dont ever delete them, that is just there to save thier ass if they had a sudden ugre to delete some old accounts.

• WuuduuWuuduu Member Posts: 62

Originally posted by noxxle

No, that was only my trial account, with one character. Then ive not played EVE for 3 years, and never payed for EVE.

After that, ive made new account, new characters, and im in game for 4 months yet.

This my 3y old trial character is stil there, at never used, never payed trial account, character, ive played for... 15 minutes only 3 years ago.

I think, if they can hold alive 15 min. trial character for more then 3 years, dont be affraid, theyll not delete your char.

• LordmonkusLordmonkus Member Posts: 808

Officially CCP will keep the account for 6 months, anytime after that it can be deleted but to my knowledge CCP has never deleted an account ever.

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

mmh...I post my question into this thread:

I have cancelled my account, and before the last days run out I changed skill to "Command Ships Lvl 5" which takes 40 days for me to learn.

For how long will my closed account continue learning this skill?

I heard rumors years ago, that it will skill only for 30 days after account is closed. Does anyone know?

• kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692

I could be wrong but I always assumed the skill kept going until it was finished regardless of you paying or not.  Last time I quit I set a 29 day skill which did, in fact, finish according to Evemon but that is under what you heard about the 30 day thing. 

• LordmonkusLordmonkus Member Posts: 808

It will continue to train until it is finished. I have set 45 day skills before taking a break before and when I came back they were finished.