Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ayase

1337Mercenar1337Mercenar Member Posts: 84

Ayase, could you possibly, please make a suggestion to ncsoft to sell the game via STEAM?  I noticed a lot of ncsoft titles are already sold digital download such as Direct2drive, but it would be great on STEAM for community and guild options.

Comments

• sketchy_sketchy_ Member UncommonPosts: 137

Sure hope that was a joke.

"If I had a d*ck, I'd go get laid. But we can do that next best thing... Let's kill people."

• kaishi00kaishi00 Member Posts: 299

i got a feeling he's dead serious.

• 1337Mercenar1337Mercenar Member Posts: 84

Low self esteem must be hard to deal with?

I thought this was suppose to be a forum to help other users and share information or thoughts... useful thoughts in that case

I think he is joking? 

QQ  QQ  QQ

• sketchy_sketchy_ Member UncommonPosts: 137

First of all Steam is a crappy game central or what I'm supposed to call it. Then what friggin'  shitty low budget guild uses Steam for "community and guild options"?  

"If I had a d*ck, I'd go get laid. But we can do that next best thing... Let's kill people."

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

If Aion is steam I would not buy it.

I would like a straight fast download from the NCsoft site or through a NCsoft patcher. Not steam please.

• AlyvianAlyvian Member Posts: 342

a few things

it would be better to suggest this on aionsource.com (ayase checks there alot more as here)

and what is all the hate with steam?, if ya dont want it dont use it, it would help aion a ton however if it would get sold over steam (NOTE, not forcibly logged in over steam), simply because of the shear ammount of players that login thru steam and buy games there (over 15million, yes that is 15.000.000, people last i checked)

besides they got faster servers as ya could ever dream of having, and far faster as the servers nc runs with, or rather they dont got a download speed limit (if its there its higher as it is for most mmorpgs)

• AyaseAyase Aion Community CoordinatorMember Posts: 118

Originally posted by Alyvian

a few things
    it would be better to suggest this on aionsource.com (ayase checks there alot more as here)
    and what is all the hate with steam?, if ya dont want it dont use it, it would help aion a ton however if it would get sold over steam (NOTE, not forcibly logged in over steam), simply because of the shear ammount of players that login thru steam and buy games there (over 15million, yes that is 15.000.000, people last i checked)
    besides they got faster servers as ya could ever dream of having, and far faster as the servers nc runs with, or rather they dont got a download speed limit (if its there its higher as it is for most mmorpgs)

I do check here frequently, as well as Aionsource. The reason for why I haven't replied sooner is because I don't want anyone making a habit out of calling out my name in the title. It doesn't change anything - I still read everything when time permits. ;)

As for Steam itself, well, I know this probably isn't the anwer you're looking for, but I can't really comment on anything related to distribution right now. It hasn't been quite decided yet. Be sure, though, that all options are being taken into consideration.

---
    Sebastian Streiffert
    Community Representative - Aion

Follow my twitter! aion_ayase
    * In order to cover my back, things I write are of course subject to change.

• AlyvianAlyvian Member Posts: 342

its a trick, RUN FOR THE UFO's!

• curiindicuriindi Member Posts: 488

This is my best guess for the STEAM situation:

Previous relations with established retailers tend to set locations like GameStop and Best Buy as the predominant distribution method for new releases. STEAM, although popular, is often viewed as a "secondary" distribution option by publishing companies to avoid any conflict of interest among supporting stores, especially during launch time. After launch, STEAM becomes very attractive to companies as it helps retail distribution further without having to worry about producing stock units.

Unfortunately, this seems to be the way things are for the near future as companies are encouraged to stick with established retailers and their greater marketing capacity. STEAM will still be beneficial and NCsoft will most likely have Aion available later on.

However, no one truly knows since SOMEONE can't comment on it! :(