Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to rescue the game?

POTBS is dying but it is still able to rescue. It needs a lot of new stuffs as well as changes. The price is not cheap tho.

Comments

• DJXeonDJXeon Member UncommonPosts: 553

yes it still can be rescued.

The current system whereby nearly all the economic sink & loss is beared by the PvP losers is a game breaker, pure & simple.

FLS should  consider spreading the current economic sinks to take all the pressure & grind off PVP combat losers by sharing it with the winners & all other PVP/PVE combat activities.

http://www.burningsea.com/forums/sho...084#post376084

• Larry2298Larry2298 Member Posts: 865

My free advice:

1. Add more land combats in sandbox mode, just like pirates of caribbean online.

2. Delete unnecessary and duplicate skills, just add few more skills like gun or dagger whatever.

3. Change boarding combat only the player to fight the enemy ship.

4. Make each port more styles and different from each other. City like Tortuga just not acceptable.

5. Make crafting more easier and let everyone do it easily. Reduce least 1/2 - 2/3 cold down time.

6. Reduce the upwind influence. Not necessary to suffer slow speed.

7. Allow player to roll any faction they wanted on same server.

8. Player's ship never will lose in any condition. If necessary, make repair longer time such as 3 hours to be able to use again.

9.When the ship in pvp drops to 0 armor then another player must boarding to defeat another player to claim victory and able to loot everything lootable from the player's ship, such as ammo and some other items like stone warrior or cured fish etc. The player might be defeated in boarding fight as well.

10. PVP is based on 1 on 1.

11. Surrender ship will pay ransom gold to winner, such as 200 gold or face the consequence. Attacker must accept the ship surrender. It is rule of  POW.

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

Originally posted by Larry2298

My free advice:
    1. Add more land combats in sandbox mode, just like pirates of caribbean online.
    2. Delete unnecessary and duplicate skills, just add few more skills like gun or dagger whatever.
    4. Make each port more styles and different from each other. City like Tortuga just not acceptable.
    5. Make crafting more easier and let everyone do it easily. Reduce least 1/2 - 2/3 cold down time.
    8. Player's ship never will lose in any condition. If necessary, make repair longer time such as 3 hours to be able to use again.
    9.When the ship in pvp drops to 0 armor then another player must boarding to defeat another player to claim victory and able to loot everything lootable from the player's ship, such as ammo and some other items like stone warrior or cured fish etc. The player might be defeated in boarding fight as well.
    11. Surrender ship will pay ransom gold to winner, such as 200 gold or face the consequence. Attacker must accept the ship surrender. It is rule of  POW.

Isildur?  Is that you?

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• wilqwilq Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Originally posted by Larry2298

My free advice:

no crying in the red circle, i never loosed the ship when i dont wanted to do griefing and ganking is a problem but mostof  your points are changing this game to wow on the carrabian

• pdxgeekpdxgeek Member Posts: 585
    Originally posted by wilq

no crying in the red circle

You do realize that the above quote is why the game failed, right? You should probably stop using it.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

I was in the "BIG OPEN BETA"  And I am glad I got that chance to see that  I didnt want to buy this game then.   I seen alot that was positive for the game.   But then I seen much more that turned me off from it.   I knew then that the PVP open world would lead to the current issues.    There really is no place safe in the game.    

And all I asked for from the developers was first person while sailing and fighting in ship to ship combat.    I like the look of standing on the bridge of the ship actually commanding..  not just moving around ship pieces on a blue mat.

So much crap, so little quality.