Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You should definitely try the Open Beta

BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

I got to slip in for the "private Beta" and started cranking out some levels in crafting and fighting.  As I watched the interaction of the other players around me, I soon realized that there are a lot of factors in the game that will encourage healthy interaction bewteen players, and that there is no "valueless" class.  I'm really liking the craft system, the look of the environments, and so far, the community seems very, very cool.

Now that the Full Open Beta has begun, I can see a bigger variety of people coming through, but still there's that feel of a healthy community being maintained.  I'm hoping this game sticks around a while, I like it.

There's a few bugs, but overall, it IS still a beta, and there's been documentation in the forums about them being known bugs, and that they are being addressed, so I look forward to seeing what else they're cooking up before release.

FFXI: Tarutaru WHM/BLM/Elvaan Dragoon (closed)
DAoC: Inconnu Necromancer/Avalonian Theurgist (closed)
EQ: Froglok Paladin/Vah Shir Shaman (closed)
CoH: Technology Defender (closed)
EVE Online: Amarr (open)
Lineage II: Dark Elf Mage (open)
Ragnarok Online: Crusader (closed)

Comments

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

When I run the game I just get a black screen and it locks up my computer

Guess I'll play the wow stress test instead

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/ghoul31/hell.jpg

• DhaemanDhaeman Member Posts: 531
    Good game but the first 2 hours of it are pretty boring while you get the hang of everything and don't have access to very many skills and such. But get past that point and things get a lot more entertaining.

• SlangerSlanger Member UncommonPosts: 280

Originally posted by ghoul31

Yeah, The Saga of Ryzom seems a bit on the buggy side. I haven't been able to get past the Character Creation yet. I'm in no big hurry to get into the game, so no big deal. It just seems like the wrong combination of attributes durring character creation causes the game to crash to desktop .image

Currently Playing: AC2, WW2Online
    Retired: Everquest, DAoC
    Quit: SWG

Currently Playing: Eve-Online
    On the Backburner: EQ2
    Retired: EQ, DAoC, WW2Online
    RIP: AC2
    Tried: Ryzom, Roma Victor, RoM, KH2, Forsaken World, AO, AoC, APB
    Quit: SWG PRE-CU(Radiant/Starsider), WoW

Achiever 47% / Explorer 40% / Killer 87% / Socializer 27%

• ObiyerObiyer Member Posts: 511

I very much agree. I recieved the beta and I am thoroughly enjoying myself.

-Obiyer

• TymoraTymora Member UncommonPosts: 1,295

I actually won a beta account here at mmorpg.com.  I tried to test SoR a couple of months ago after I won the account and I found out that the game was just not ready, at least for my PC.  First I crashed at character creation.  Then I finally got into the game and crashed after 30 seconds.  This kept repeating until I got frustrated and could not continue.  Of course I reported everything to the Devs, and I figured the game was just not ready.

I am now back in the beta and I can see that the Devs have fixed many issues and the game is much improved.  I can now begin to see what Ryzom has to offer and this is what I think so far:

Nice graphics.  I always list this feature of a mmorpg first because it is what catches my attention first.  In the newbie area, things are looking pretty much the same, but I think once you progress and get to the main lands, the variety with be nice, according to the movies and trailers, I think the graphics in SoR will not dissappoint.

The gameplay is good so far.  Harvesting and crafting is actually fun.  I like to fight, harvest, and craft, switching around when I get tired of doing the same thing over and over.  There is a bit of a grind at first, but I have read about alot of features the game will have in the final version which should spice things up and give players some options of what they can do.

The community is great.  I was very pleased to see so many nice, helpful people.  The game has a bit of a learning curve, and some documentation is very good, but some of it is still in french (crafting documentation).  People have helped me learn the game and after just a few hours I was already helping others.  Stargazer is a sweetheart, if you have trouble, she always helps.

Last night I noticed a nasty bug that had me swimming all of a sudden while fighting a Weanling Yubo.  I was clearly on land, and instead of going through my combat moves, my character started to do the swim animation and I got a repeating message saying <You cannot use an Action while Swimming>  Needless to say I died.  I quickly reported this as a bug and not a minute later someone was next to me asking questions and trying to fix the problem.  This is a very good sign and showed me that Nevrax is on top of things.

SoR seems to me like it is finally breaking through and may be the next generation mmorpg we have been waiting for.  With some new and innovative features (many of which we have not yet seen in beta), I think the game will be a success if it continues to work out the kinks.  It's hard to say in the crowded market and with WoW and EQ2 coming, but I hope the game does well and I have been impressed enough to know that I will be subscribing when final release comes in a couple of weeks (hopefully).

• hapwnedhapwned Member Posts: 221

Originally posted by ghoul31

Stress test isn't out yet. And I tried the same thing on my friend's computer with a Radeon 7200, and it did the same thing. I think you need a better vid card.

--Ha, Pwned--
    Pvp = godliness

--Ha, Pwned--
    Pvp = godliness
    Playing: WoW
    Waiting on: Gods and Heroes

• NuuanNuuan Member Posts: 4

I was in the first beta for Ryzom and liked the game until I found out how much playing area the game originally held, which consisted of one newbie zone and one main zone per race. Within 3 weeks I had explorered both the newbie zone and the mainland zone for my race. I grew bored fighting the same mobs over and over in the same area close to the city. I found it necessary to stay close to the city because straying only a couple minutes walk from the city would land you in the middle of some of the most powerful creatures in the game.

They closed down beta for us to "go back to the drawing board" as it was put.

I hope that they have added more zones to the current beta of the game, if not they will not have any chance to hold players attention for more than a few months at best once it is released.

• NeasNeas Member Posts: 887

Originally posted by Nuuan
    I was in the first beta for Ryzom and liked the game until I found out how much playing area the game originally held, which consisted of one newbie zone and one main zone per race. Within 3 weeks I had explorered both the newbie zone and the mainland zone for my race. I grew bored fighting the same mobs over and over in the same area close to the city. I found it necessary to stay close to the city because straying only a couple minutes walk from the city would land you in the middle of some of the most powerful creatures in the game.
    They closed down beta for us to "go back to the drawing board" as it was put.
    I hope that they have added more zones to the current beta of the game, if not they will not have any chance to hold players attention for more than a few months at best once it is released.

erh..... nope in 3 months they have erm... added a few more animations, made exp excruciatingly slow. got rid of the defence tree, played around with the magic skills (not seriously), made magic casting slow, made fight faster, eliminated accelerated attack stanza, not touched ranged at all, tested raids alot, made crafting/harvesting different in that colours are now easy to make.

Not really added much else.

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, EverQuest 2 World Of Warcraft European
    Truly Loved: World of Warcraft

• NuuanNuuan Member Posts: 4

Thats too bad Neas,

They really did an amazing job while I was still in Beta, graphics were completely amazing even on an old T-bird 1.2ghz PC I have on another desk. If they even attempt to release the game with the area it currently has, they will drive away most of the players. How many players have got to the mainland and walked across the bridge to get eaten by a level 50 mob? Or walk across the road to get blasted by a lvl 25 mob? They have to add area and spread out those high level mobs away from the cities. This is a planet for god's sake, It should take me more than 3 weeks to explore all the playable areas on foot. When Everquest came out, it took me 6 hours of real life time to travel from my starting city of Qeynos to the city of Freeport that lay on the opposite coast of the continent I was on. I will not even rejoin beta until I hear on the message boards that new areas have been added, and I will definatly not buy the game if this dosen't happen.

• carebearcarebear Member Posts: 188
    I think they've done a really good job with this game. This is gonna be my main game I'm gonna play, so I decided to pre-order it. I honestly don't think I will be disappointed...

Carebear, the Friendlist Gamer Alive!

Carebear
    *WoW = Level 60 Priest*
    *EQ2 = Level 25 Druid*

english people still cant preorder :(

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, EverQuest 2 World Of Warcraft European

• claithclaith Member Posts: 86
    Made by the french and u can tell,lmao

Originally posted by claith
    Made by the french and u can tell,lmao

why cause there the odd snippet of french text?