Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 movement

2»

Comments

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

Because there is such a thing as an auto-run key. If you're travelling long distances, simply press that key and steer your way to where you want to go. Yes, automatically moving there means you don't have to steer, but what's the point of playing a 3D game if you're not going to look around at your environment. The camera angles involved with click-to-move are very awkward, I have found. I'd rather have them spend time developing something more useful than CTM in GW2.

• Par-SalianPar-Salian Member Posts: 284

This really sounds like a pointless debate, anyway, since it has already been announced that GW2 will not support the click and move function.

• Plasuma!!!Plasuma!!! Member Posts: 1,872
    Originally posted by Par-Salian

Originally posted by Harvey_Scorp

I'm the idiot who uses click-to-move quite a bit.  It's actually because I'm left handed and my laptop's keyboard does not have a number pad thus making it difficult to use the movement controls. 

Dude, just buy a usb number key pad and use it for movement. Then it doesn't matter if you are right or left handed, and they are easy to pack and carry.  I use one becase my laptop keyboard is too small for my hands. They run from $15 to $50 bucks, depending on what you want. Or if you don't really play when you travel you can use something like the FANG gaming key pad.  

Just a thought... 

Noted.  I actually just put in an order for a new Dell desktop with the ergonomic keyboard.  Looks like it'll be really comfortable for playing GW (and other MMOs). 

Totally off-topic but well worth knowing: don't buy an XPS. You can build your own awesome gaming rig for less than half the price on Newegg.

• Par-SalianPar-Salian Member Posts: 284

Originally posted by Plasuma!!!

Originally posted by Harvey_Scorp

I'm the idiot who uses click-to-move quite a bit.  It's actually because I'm left handed and my laptop's keyboard does not have a number pad thus making it difficult to use the movement controls. 

Dude, just buy a usb number key pad and use it for movement. Then it doesn't matter if you are right or left handed, and they are easy to pack and carry.  I use one becase my laptop keyboard is too small for my hands. They run from $15 to $50 bucks, depending on what you want. Or if you don't really play when you travel you can use something like the FANG gaming key pad.  

Just a thought... 

Noted.  I actually just put in an order for a new Dell desktop with the ergonomic keyboard.  Looks like it'll be really comfortable for playing GW (and other MMOs). 

Totally off-topic but well worth knowing: don't buy an XPS. You can build your own awesome gaming rig for less than half the price on Newegg.

(Sorry to the mods for making another off topic comment) - I bought it through my PC tech.  so I got an awesome deal...plus software and he even put Windows XP on it so I don't have to deal with the Vista crap.

• SophistSophist Member Posts: 171

/agree & Did

Flying at 60 fps in all my games for 250 bucks worth of upgrades NB IMO.(all of witch can transfer to a Socket 775 Mobo) (when I got the money of course)

"The most important thing is to have the design support the players in setting their own goals in both cooperative and competitive interaction with one another." - Ironore -

• fluscentfluscent Member Posts: 2

I just download Guild wars and want to knowmore about it first, thank you in advance.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

What would you like to know?

• NartholdNarthold Member Posts: 21

From what I have read they will be giving the game a Z axis. You will be able to slide climb swim ect. They also said they would be giving the game realistic physics.

• hXcFecalhXcFecal Member Posts: 39

They're adding an "X-axis" I believe it's called, which allows a person's avatar to jump, swim, and they're adding climb trees (which will be an action more than a movement factor)

Playing:WoW,Guild Wars
    Used to play: Vanguard, Anarchy Online (got to lvl 6 and quit :p)
    Waiting for: Warhammer, Aion

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

(Sorry to the mods for making another off topic comment) - I bought it through my PC tech.  so I got an awesome deal...plus software and he even put Windows XP on it so I don't have to deal with the Vista crap.
    Buying a new machine and NOT using he latest OS proves you don't know much about computing

Besides, Vista is MUCH better for gaming as it was built partially with gaming in mind (not to mention that its nearly 18 months old now has its first Service Pack aswell...)

Or, you could stick with the 7 year old OS, that while it works, offers your new system less...   just a thought...

imageimage