Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The things I like and dislike about SB

sexyape06sexyape06 Member Posts: 35

I have played shadowbane for 4 months now and there are 2 things that i liked about SB, the society and the economic system. I loved the fact that you could make a guild with a castle, buildings ect, and also that you could furnish or put furniture in buildings to give it a custom look. Also you could hire guards to keep out non allied guilds and people out of your guild area. Also the society or community was also a great aspect of the game except the PvP flamers who killed n00bs for no reason knowing that they would not find anything valuable on them. I met a lot of good friends on SB and played with a lot of kewl players. Now there are a couple of things that i did not like that ended up making me quit the game even knowing that i had made some good friends and made some nice houses and shops hahaa. One thing was the loading time for the game, Wow i have a high end comp system for SB, i mean i got 512 dual channel memory a 2.6ghz 800 FSB P4 processor and a geforce fx 5200 256mb grphics card and a 7200 rpm 120 gig 8mb cache hard drive. Now these system specs should do perfecto on this game and i still get the gray landscape thing when your game is trying to load, I HATED THIS. Also the graphics could get upgraded i mean a new 3d engine wouldn't be to bad, I mean if UBI has the money for it they should invest in one. So concluding the two things i liked in this game were the society and the economic systems, the two things i did not like were the load times and the graphics in this game. I am not trying to thrash on SB but i am just trying to let people know there are good things about SB and there are bad things about SB. And i have just presented those things, If anyone has more things they would like to add to this or if you have comments please post.

P4 2.6 Ghz 800 Mhz FSB 512K L2 cache
PC 2700 Dual Channel DDR 512MB
120 Gig 7200 rpm 8mb cache Western
Apollo Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 256MB

Comments

• Stravus-EBStravus-EB Member Posts: 79

Originally posted by sexyape06

I have played shadowbane for 4 months now and there are 2 things that i liked about SB, the society and the economic system. I loved the fact that you could make a guild with a castle, buildings ect, and also that you could furnish or put furniture in buildings to give it a custom look. Also you could hire guards to keep out non allied guilds and people out of your guild area. Also the society or community was also a great aspect of the game except the PvP flamers who killed n00bs for no reason knowing that they would not find anything valuable on them. I met a lot of good friends on SB and played with a lot of kewl players. Now there are a couple of things that i did not like that ended up making me quit the game even knowing that i had made some good friends and made some nice houses and shops hahaa. One thing was the loading time for the game, Wow i have a high end comp system for SB, i mean i got 512 dual channel memory a 2.6ghz 800 FSB P4 processor and a geforce fx 5200 256mb grphics card and a 7200 rpm 120 gig 8mb cache hard drive. Now these system specs should do perfecto on this game and i still get the gray landscape thing when your game is trying to load, I HATED THIS. Also the graphics could get upgraded i mean a new 3d engine wouldn't be to bad, I mean if UBI has the money for it they should invest in one. So concluding the two things i liked in this game were the society and the economic systems, the two things i did not like were the load times and the graphics in this game. I am not trying to thrash on SB but i am just trying to let people know there are good things about SB and there are bad things about SB. And i have just presented those things, If anyone has more things they would like to add to this or if you have comments please post.

Honestly SB is a memory hog. The game operates well on 512, but if you can afford it I would highly recommend atleast 1 gig to 1.5 gig of ram.  Also i noticed you use and FX 5200 card. I had alot of probelms running SB with that card.  ATI cards do alot better in my experience.