Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has SL moved on?

MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814
I haven't played it for about a year. Have there been any developments? Is it starting to look dated? Are most areas still an ugly mess of badly designed houses and awful textures? I don't suppose that ever will change.

When I look back now, I can't believe I spent so much time in SL. For about five months I was in it something like four or five hours a day. I did make things, and enjoyed it, but I realised that if I put that much creative energy into RL I would be rather better off!

Comments

• AngelfireAngelfire Member Posts: 145

Yes second life has improved greatly graphically, performance wise, and generally the appearance of >MOST< sims. I RP in a sim called Midian City and its easly as good graphically as any MMORPG on the market. Of course SL still has glitches, always will because its essentially an open source system, but as a person that plays MMORPGs for the Roleplay, I have had much more happy times in SL then any other MMO. Just take a look at my Flickr page.. I just started it so I don't have alot of screenies yet but I am adding them daily.. http://www.flickr.com/photos/aimako/

• MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814
    Originally posted by Angelfire

Yes second life has improved greatly graphically, performance wise, and generally the appearance of >MOST< sims. I RP in a sim called Midian City and its easly as good graphically as any MMORPG on the market. Of course SL still has glitches, always will because its essentially an open source system, but as a person that plays MMORPGs for the Roleplay, I have had much more happy times in SL then any other MMO. Just take a look at my Flickr page.. I just started it so I don't have alot of screenies yet but I am adding them daily.. http://www.flickr.com/photos/aimako/

I'm surprised in a way. It never improved graphically while I played it. I thought it was stuck in time. Glad to hear the performance has improved, too. It was often unusable when I quit. Might take a look at it sometime. I used to run a gallery selling my digital paintings and in-world created sculptures. There were issues about ownership of products when I quit. Have they been resolved, do you know?