Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shadowbane Reborn

VagnerVagner Member UncommonPosts: 51

Ok  i have been coming to this page for over a year  and never have posted . Played 5 mmos over the past 2 years, DAOC, Planetside, SWG,Lineage II, and shadowbane.

and by far Shadowbane  but for the bad gameplay after a update, is the best of all ,

Most left sb a year ago, and i undersstand why, Wolfpack could have let sb stay the huge mess it was ,but they didnt, and after a year of updates and addons , shadowbane if the only mmo my wife and I

stayed with. MMO staff could you re-review shadowbane?

Comments

• numaticnumatic Member UncommonPosts: 670
    I came back for 2 months. Quit again just about 2 weeks ago. Game is barely better then it was before. Although im not sure how well the 3.0 patch did.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

is it reborn so it can be murdered again?

cause it really blew..lol

i might try it again if they have a free trial, other than that, NO

• VagnerVagner Member UncommonPosts: 51
    hehe  , it seems to be a game where you love it or hate it . image

• noobletnooblet Member Posts: 2,274

Originally posted by MurtBijani

i might try it again if they have a free trial, other than that, NO

Murt i hav 1 question for you : How long did you play it? and what level did you get to? errm 2 questions heh.

• XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

Originally posted by MurtBijani
    i might try it again if they have a free trial, other than that, NOimage

They do. Check http://www.shadowbane.com/us/FreeTrial.php

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

I went ahead and tried the free trial last month, and funny thing was, even though it was free, I still felt ripped off.

-------
    I was never what you wanted, I could never never please.
    I swallowed all our sorrow in the midst of my disease.
    All my fortunes, all my gains, all the battles I have won...
    Now collapsing like the rain, I stand alone, your only son...

Take some solace in these words, take notice of this place.
    Hollow whispers that they are, like the wind upon my face.
    Sing softly in my ear and look at me with wonder.
    I will try to ease your fear as the darkness pulls you under.

• tu_uilwentu_uilwen Member Posts: 794

SB is one of the best mmorpgs i have player....but EQ right now is my number one and I am sure WoW will change that ;-)

but i am currently playing sb and the only thing i dis;ike about it.....is the only 5 chars per account....6 with the expansion....but i loive that game...its alot of fun..and theres alot to do...with the disciplines and stats runes...and stuff......and all the spells and attacks..and how you can master one weapon of choice...like be a druid that is sword and shield...or cluba nd shield..or dagger and shield...or make a dual wield club/sword/dagger....rouge...or go in Unarmed....

the game is alot of fun in my opinoin....but you knwo as somneone stated earlier...it is one of those games you love...or you hate....hands down....

---------------------------------------------
    "Everyones life has a beginning and an end, No one can change that."-Hiko

"If you wish to taste the ground, then feel free to attack."-Kenshin Himura

WoW
    -Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
    -Rhalon 81 UD Mage
    -Doneski 85 Orc death knight

"Everyones life has a beginning and an end, No one can change that."-Hiko
    "If you wish to taste the ground, then feel free to attack."-Kenshin Himura

• methusalamethusala Member Posts: 15
    I played it when it came out,then about 6 months later and then again just recently.It was crap when it came out,was crap 6 months later and is still crap.I admire the nerve of WP to release and maintain a game that is still as buggy as this one is.Servers are constantly down or the server is busy or theres terrible lag.You have to run forever to find decent mobs and then compete with the rest of the farmers.You sit on your ass recuperating more than you do anything else.Then theres this out-moded click and move.Probably got the worst interface I've ever seen.Click on an action and the window telling you what that action does covers half the screen. An extremely annoying and frustrating game to play and ,believe me I tried. I guess thats the bottom line. When a game is more frustrating than fun,its time to move on!

• MorridinMorridin Member Posts: 34

Originally posted by methusala
    I played it when it came out,then about 6 months later and then again just recently.It was crap when it came out,was crap 6 months later and is still crap.I admire the nerve of WP to release and maintain a game that is still as buggy as this one is.Servers are constantly down or the server is busy or theres terrible lag.You have to run forever to find decent mobs and then compete with the rest of the farmers.You sit on your ass recuperating more than you do anything else.Then theres this out-moded click and move.Probably got the worst interface I've ever seen.Click on an action and the window telling you what that action does covers half the screen. An extremely annoying and frustrating game to play and ,believe me I tried. I guess thats the bottom line. When a game is more frustrating than fun,its time to move on!

It doesn't sound like you made it to the pvp part of the game - don't know what you mean by competing with farmers.  You have to be level 55 or so before you even begin to be competitive.

• BroodsteRBroodsteR Member Posts: 86

You need 2 accounts to play this game, a buff bot account and then ur character account

Liked: Shadowbane, Neocron, Ultima Online(Before UO:R)
    Not Sure about: DAoC
    Disliked: AC1, Everquest 1, Everquest 2, World of Garbage(Warcraft), Eve Online, Jumpgate, AC2, Anarchy Online, Sims Online, Saga of Ryzom, Lineage II, City of Heroes, FFXI, Planetside, UO:R(and after)

• NevronNevron Member UncommonPosts: 43

Not if you have friends. Two-boxing isn't necessary unless you wanna be totally self-sufficient. I played Shadowbane for roughly 5 months before buying a second account, and I fared very well and had a blast.

And to the post before referring to farmers; You had to compete with farmers in Shadowbane? That's hilarious. I played the game for 8 months and never once competed with farmers. By the sounds of your post, you didn't make it past level 30. If you've never made it even remotely close to the level cap, you've never known the full glory of Shadowbane PvP. If you wanna know what it's really like competing with farmers, try Lineage II.

Shadow of Apophis - Council Member

• SomnulusSomnulus Member Posts: 354

Started SB as soon as it hit retail; the nation building aspects and warfare for the most part were excellent, with some very annoying bugs.  The politics between nations was invigorating

What was annoying was the graphics, lack of anything to do besides build or destroy nations, the annoyance of building up a character to discover the class was poorly designed (I had a Templar when they were called Gimplars and had 0 respect) and point and click travel.  Not only was that annoying it was completely unnecessary.

Finally, the lag.  Lord help me, the lag.

I came back after they reactivated my account to give it another try.  Mourning was empty, as in, after two hours of running I did not see another single player.  And I still lagged, even while totally alone in the middle of nowhere.  After playing games with the more traditional WASD movement, just trying to control my character and use camera angles was ridiculous.

A great concept; if they licensed a better graphics engine, redesigned their models, terrains and textures, locked down class balance issues and took another look at their siege designs, it could be a fantastic game.

Abbatoir / Abbatoir Cinq
    Adnihilo
    Beorn Judge's Edge
    Somnulus
    Perfect Black
    ----------------------
    Asheron's Call / Asheron's Call 2
    Everquest / Everquest 2
    Anarchy Online
    Shadowbane
    Dark Age of Camelot
    Star Wars Galaxies
    Matrix Online
    World of Warcraft
    Guild Wars
    City of Heroes

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

Originally posted by Somnulus

Started SB as soon as it hit retail; the nation building aspects and warfare for the most part were excellent, with some very annoying bugs.  The politics between nations was invigorating
    What was annoying was the graphics, lack of anything to do besides build or destroy nations, the annoyance of building up a character to discover the class was poorly designed (I had a Templar when they were called Gimplars and had 0 respect) and point and click travel.  Not only was that annoying it was completely unnecessary.
    Finally, the lag.  Lord help me, the lag.
    I came back after they reactivated my account to give it another try.  Mourning was empty, as in, after two hours of running I did not see another single player.  And I still lagged, even while totally alone in the middle of nowhere.  After playing games with the more traditional WASD movement, just trying to control my character and use camera angles was ridiculous.
    A great concept; if they licensed a better graphics engine, redesigned their models, terrains and textures, locked down class balance issues and took another look at their siege designs, it could be a fantastic game.

Mourning has 1000 peopel on in prime  time. And you couldn't find one other person? You must not have been looking very hard.

And templars are the most powerful class in the game snow

• zensaberzensaber Member UncommonPosts: 787

buff bots r for newblettes only posers and not real gamers use buff bots

• SomnulusSomnulus Member Posts: 354

Originally posted by ghoul31

Mourning has 1000 peopel on in prime  time. And you couldn't find one other person? You must not have been looking very hard.
    And templars are the most powerful class in the game snow

Well, when I was playing the game full time if you ran up to any city on any continent, you would have been assaulted by at least three or more other players; if you were wearing the crest of an open city, you would have been attacked.  I ran to about around seven cities, at least three of them were reasonably large and did not see another soul on radar and was never attacked.  It may have just been the region.

Yes, I know Templars are the most powerful now; I realized that after visiting the boards before coming back for the reactivation of my subscription.  I was looking forward to seeing how my Templar would have been affected, having adopted the defensive/AoE template very early.  Ah well.

Abbatoir / Abbatoir Cinq
    Adnihilo
    Beorn Judge's Edge
    Somnulus
    Perfect Black
    ----------------------
    Asheron's Call / Asheron's Call 2
    Everquest / Everquest 2
    Anarchy Online
    Shadowbane
    Dark Age of Camelot
    Star Wars Galaxies
    Matrix Online
    World of Warcraft
    Guild Wars
    City of Heroes

• KredeKrede Member Posts: 25

Originally posted by Morridin
    Originally posted by methusala I played it when it came out,then about 6 months later and then again just recently.It was crap when it came out,was crap 6 months later and is still crap.I admire the nerve of WP to release and maintain a game that is still as buggy as this one is.Servers are constantly down or the server is busy or theres terrible lag.You have to run forever to find decent mobs and then compete with the rest of the farmers.You sit on your ass recuperating more than you do anything else.Then theres this out-moded click and move.Probably got the worst interface I've ever seen.Click on an action and the window telling you what that action does covers half the screen. An extremely annoying and frustrating game to play and ,believe me I tried. I guess thats the bottom line. When a game is more frustrating than fun,its time to move on!
    It doesn't sound like you made it to the pvp part of the game - don't know what you mean by competing with farmers.  You have to be level 55 or so before you even begin to be competitive.

Well it depens on what person your figthing... I have seen a level 45 kill a level 75..... so U cant say the fun starts at level 55

I all depens on what person U are, and Who your figthing.... Back in the "old days" a young Scorn Death could kill a player mush bigger then him, "new days" a erhmmm SP/TCO/Desolate/OAD/DOH/Dissent or a HING can take out a high level player... The time and game has changed.... New times has entered the game....

----------------------------
    Darkness is my Path

Darkness is my Path

• Amari_Amari_ Member Posts: 22

I agree, shadowbane has greatly improved. I just reactivated my account and I'm loving every minute of it :)

• KredeKrede Member Posts: 25

Originally posted by Amari_

I agree, shadowbane has greatly improved. I just reactivated my account and I'm loving every minute of it :)

Yeah .... Old players has come back ... im one of them.... I started back at Beta.... and the time has changed a LOT, from that day.....

Darkness is my Path

Darkness is my Path

• EvilButtEvilButt Member Posts: 32
    Back in the day I killed a level 55 templar with a 30 druid.  Took forever but it was possible.  Depending on what class vs what class levels can mean little, one of the things that so nice about this game.