Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage 2 PVP

eq2jseq2js Member Posts: 94

I am thinking about buying lineage 2, and i wanted to know how good the PVP was.

Comments

• Soldier420Soldier420 Member Posts: 177

Clickfest and stiff movement games aren't my cup of coffee... but if those things don't bother you, then I'd give it a shot.

Pats let Manning win.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

You may want to ask this question over on an L2 community site where there are people who actually play the game.

I played L2 for over a year and its not to bad if you can endure the grind. You won't see anything like an L2 castle siege in any other MMO, not even AoC.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

It has it's moments but you have to remember that Lineage II is not a standard PvP game, its a Mass PvP game. 1 vs. 1 PvP can be fun in the lower levels but it becomes very unbalanced as you progress. This is because the game is designed to promote interclass dependencies that are actually strengths in mass PvP battles like sieges and clan wars. Its a rock/paper/scissors type of setup. Tanks own Archers/Daggers in close combat but are weak to Mages. Mages own Tanks but are weak to Archers/daggers. Archers/daggers own Mages but are weak to Tanks. Healers are weak to all and must be protected. This makes strategy very important when planning a battle for a Castle or against a rival clan.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• eq2jseq2js Member Posts: 94

I'm going to go buy DAoC if i can find it and if it runs on Vista...just need something with good PvP to give me something to do until WAR comes out.

• EllyrionEllyrion Member Posts: 193

A  wise decision if you're looking for a layover game.

I think Bren summed it up very well. I just want to emphasise the mass reference! Its all about mass and coordination of effects.

Sure you can PvP in L2, but there's a catch.... you will have to earn that right. Once you come to terms with this , you will subsequently realise that its not that easy to accomplish.

Regards

Ellyrion Fiallathandriel

The Reckless Knight

Lunatris