Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest II: 8 New Exclusive Screens!

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

More exciting EQ2 screens for you all!  This week we are featuring some cool nighttime combat shots with lightning spell effects, various shots from Antonica as well as one shot showing you what the map system looks like.  Enjoy!

Registered members can view the high-rez shots by clicking the links under the images below:

MMORPG.COM Exclusive (05.28.04)

View 1600x1200

View 1600x1200

View 1600x1200

View 1600x1200

View 1600x1200

View 1600x1200

View 1600x1200

View 1600x1200

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• SlangerSlanger Member UncommonPosts: 280
    WOW!!!image Those are some sweet screenshots.image

Currently Playing: AC2, WW2Online
    Retired: Everquest, DAoC
    Quit: SWG

Currently Playing: Eve-Online
    On the Backburner: EQ2
    Retired: EQ, DAoC, WW2Online
    RIP: AC2
    Tried: Ryzom, Roma Victor, RoM, KH2, Forsaken World, AO, AoC, APB
    Quit: SWG PRE-CU(Radiant/Starsider), WoW

Achiever 47% / Explorer 40% / Killer 87% / Socializer 27%

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786
     Amazing screens. I love how detailed the city is.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • maimeekraimaimeekrai Member UncommonPosts: 256

I hope these are the low detail GFX because I think FFXI looked better. ( Of course it could just be the style of GFX I like better. image ) There are no shadows, so I'm assuming low detail.

The lightning FX are pretty cool, though. I'd hate to be that bird! image

------- END TRANSMISSION

• CorvidCorvid Member Posts: 1

Sure the game is still in beta, but for anyone at SOE to allow these pictures, particularly the one with the glaring clipping problem(the one with the bridge), should be fired. The job is to promote the game and make it look great, even though we all know it actually isn't. Looks like they failed on this set.

• MerrickDMerrickD Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 17

Those screenshots look like ass.

• nullifiernullifier Member Posts: 1

looks like medium quality - although its night time so no shadows

• studiobakerstudiobaker Member Posts: 50

I told you EQ2's graphics were nothing special but no one listens to me...

the reason why all the other "official" shots released by SOE looked so good is because they were on MAX detail which you cant even play on and were taken at perfect locations and angles..

• VercingitoriVercingitori Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by Corvid

Sure the game is still in beta, but for anyone at SOE to allow these pictures, particularly the one with the glaring clipping problem(the one with the bridge), should be fired. The job is to promote the game and make it look great, even though we all know it actually isn't. Looks like they failed on this set.

I don't see a clipping problem on the bridge screenshot. If you're referring to the spear she has holding behind her back..... it's supposed to look like that, it's not going through the body if you actually look at it...

I don't see anything wrong with the graphics at all.

EASK

Achiever 46.67%, Explorer 93.33%, Killer 26.67%, Socializer 33.33%

• n2soonersn2sooners Member UncommonPosts: 926

They look great to me. Much better than anything else out there or coming out soon.

image image

• GnarledGnarled Member Posts: 566

Originally posted by studiobaker

I told you EQ2's graphics were nothing special but no one listens to me...
    the reason why all the other "official" shots released by SOE looked so good is because they were on MAX detail which you cant even play on and were taken at perfect locations and angles..

Umm, jackass, first of all we'll all be able to run near max settings in 18 months or so, thats why the graphics are scaleable. Second, of course SOE's screen releases are on max, thats where you show off the engines capability. You thing the other games are advertising with low setting screen ?  

"I can tell you with no ego, this is my finest sword. If, on your journey, you should encounter God. . .
    . . . God will be cut."
    - Quentin Tarantino, Kill Bill

EQII
    Requiiem, Templar
    Neriak

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    Actually, without a bright lightsource (sun, torch, flashlight, etc) you should not get shadow.  These shots were all taken at dusk/night and so the filtered ambient light would not cast shadows. image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• JBO1JBO1 Member Posts: 277

Originally posted by MerrickD
    Those screenshots look like ass.

I agree the ass of a pretty model...what are you talking about? Okay I'm not an avid EQ2 fan but I see nothing wrong with the graphics. Lets not start this again shall we. The character models are looking a little better than the last time I saw them, but that blue troll needs something else.

• TheHiddenOneTheHiddenOne Member Posts: 66

Its good to see a bit of variety in the screenshots.

I like the spell effects, but the wing of the bird looks very out of proportion.

Map looks nice, good detail and clear.

• KrazzyJoeKrazzyJoe Member Posts: 1
    Sometimes screenshots come out looking amazing and sometimes they look less-than stellar.  It always happens.  You can only hope it's the graphics settings.  At any rate these screens are great in my opinion.
  • ValorusValorus Member Posts: 235

Screens look really good to me. I dont see any of the problems such as clipping issues. Plus from what I've experienced screenshots, no matter how good or bad the graphics, seem to always look a TON better once in the real game. We shall see.

• jayheld90jayheld90 Member UncommonPosts: 1,726
    i agree totally, all the screens i have seen of EQ2 are great i like the graphics, and no matter what anyone says im still going to play it, and love it image seriously if you played EQL for years like i did, the graphics dont matter much anyways, its the story of the game and all of the massive content. either way this game is better looking graphics wise, than any other game i have ever seen. i cant wait for some more screens, they are the only thing keeping me from going crazy while i wait...

• XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

Originally posted by n2sooners

They look great to me. Much better than anything else out there or coming out soon.

Oh really? I think you might have missed games like Dark and Light , and Wish.

You could play as an indian or human

• n2soonersn2sooners Member UncommonPosts: 926

Originally posted by Xzaro

Originally posted by n2sooners They look great to me. Much better than anything else out there or coming out soon.

Oh really? I think you might have missed games like Dark and Light , and Wish.

You could play as an indian or human

Actually, I beta tested Wish for a while, and I have been following D&L. I am not that impressed with Wish, but I am looking forward to D&L. But neither looks anywhere near as good as EQ2.

image image