Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time spent to max out a character?

MoonrocketMoonrocket Member Posts: 18

I'm not a newbie to MMO's in general, but haven't played EQ2 yet. I'm basically in between starting Vanguard or EQ2. The former (V.) seems more interesting in general, but what I've read it lacks endgame content which I'm fond of. On the other hand the horror stories of people never reaching the level cap in EQ2 sound appaling to me.

Im a hardcore gamer, but I can't push myself to leveling if it's a project for the next 8 months. Could someone therefore give an estimated time span how long it would take to level up (in hours if possible) till the cap.

Comments

• HousamHousam Member Posts: 1,460

1d say about 150-200 hours...you could do it in less if you have pleyed through it before

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

it varies for everyone

but a rough rule of thumb -- its twice as long as WOW

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

I've been playing years and have yet to max out a character. However, I get bored easily in any game I play but I still love the game. My current main is level 58 which is the highest level I've ever had. Its taken me about three months to get there.

But, I would like to point something out....

I've been BUSY. My husband and I have been together for 7 years and, after trying to get the paperwork through three times, my immigration visa came through in March and I moved down to the US

in April. I've been trying to change some of my habits so I haven't been spending much time on there recently.

• MoonrocketMoonrocket Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by Housam

1d say about 150-200 hours...you could do it in less if you have pleyed through it before

That sounds very manageable.. I was expecting around 1000+ hours...

• bahamut1bahamut1 Member Posts: 614

336 hours 10 minutes and 45 seconds

Just an estimation though :)

"Granted thinking for yourself could be considered a timesink of shorter or longer duration depending on how smart..or how dumb you are."

• AesperAesper Member UncommonPosts: 90

Level 41, 4 days played.

Pretty slow considering I grouped with a 38 @ 2 days played tonight.

EVE Online player since 2007.

"Our greatest glory consist not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

- Oliver Goldsmith

• RoflanRoflan Member Posts: 97

Over a thousand hours? I think you're thinking of Lineage II. :)

That is the only 'mainstream' MMO to have such a large advancement curve...

• LeemegLeemeg Member UncommonPosts: 230

Think I got to the cap on about 13-15 days played (Edit: That's /played, i.e. about 300 hours). I didn't rush it.

--
    Leemeg.