Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what about the servers? (No flaming omg plz!)

So I'm most liely going to pick up this game tomorrow and reading some of the posts I've seen there are PVP and RP-PVP servers.

I love PVP, angry pvp where people bitch and moan. But endless ganking gets old which is what the regular PVP servers have portrayed from the forums I have read.

Does anyone have some imput on which PVP or RP PVP servers are one of the better ones. Or main diference between RP PVP servers and regular PVP. (Plus are there rules governing RP PVP?)

Comments

• alkemistalkemist Member UncommonPosts: 11

I don't have the game but from reading the AOC forums everyone can do that now. RP PVP and  PVP servers have the same rule set but supposedly on RP PVP servers you can't talk shit when you kill someone or camp them at certain spots. (You can just people will report this from what i here) It doesn't have the RP element that way  :(   If you want all out pvp with shit talking in OOC chat what is like gen chat in WOW you would be best for a PVP server.  There are only 2 RP servers now and a bunch more PVP servers. Supposedly  Deathwisper,Tyranny, and Doomsayer are the more populated of the PVP servers. 

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    Originally posted by Hnlecter

So I'm most liely going to pick up this game tomorrow and reading some of the posts I've seen there are PVP and RP-PVP servers.
    I love PVP, angry pvp where people bitch and moan. But endless ganking gets old which is what the regular PVP servers have portrayed from the forums I have read.
    There is no sense to AoC PvP. There are no rewards or punishments in AoC when it comes to PvP.  So if you like the type of PvP where you can gank or run up to people and kill em and have no rewards to it or punishment to it then you'll love it
    Does anyone have some imput on which PVP or RP PVP servers are one of the better ones. Or main diference between RP PVP servers and regular PVP. (Plus are there rules governing RP PVP?)

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

If you have a zoo nearby go down and watch the monkeys for about an hour. That will give you a good feel for what the population is like on the PvP servers. Then when you buy the game roll on a PvE server.

I miss DAoC