Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscription to AoC Cancelled - This is why.

ZakorZakor Member UncommonPosts: 214

I liked Age of Conan at first but after many many hours of play, a lvl 50 PoM, 42 DT and a few others, I am already bored... Here's what I gaved as reason to Funcom when I cancelled my subscription and is how I feel about the game. This ain't a troll post, just my thoughts, cuz I think it might help some people to determine if this game is for them.

Reasons given to funcom :

I've had a petition going on for days and I still ain't got no anwser. It seems like there is only one GM per servers working on. The game isn't balanced at all in PvP. Healer class isn't good at all. I feel like the game is not finished and polished. The world is bland. There's too many zoning. The quests are always : run around for hours from point A to B. There's way too many instances and therefor, the world seem alot smaller! The zones aren't connected, you got to talk to a npc to get around, wich doesn't give a feeling of exploration... etc.... I could go on like that forever. So basicly, the game is a huge down for someone who's looking for an immersive and huge world. Good try though.

I felt like this MMORPG was meant alot more to a console user, wich I know, is what they are doing BUT I still think the world is bland and without life.

Just some thoughts. Don't get angry with me, I'm by no mean a troll.

Now playing : FFXIV
Waiting on : TBD
Best MMORPGs played : EQ, FFXI

Comments

• DreathorDreathor Member Posts: 537

Guess it's just not for everyone. Having a blast myself, ignoring the instancing ;)

"If all you can say is... "It's awful, it's not innovative, it's ugly, it's blah.." Then you're an unimaginative and unpolished excuse for human life" -eburn

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Its nothing personal, but if I did as many levels as you, I would have burned out myself.

Knowing as many levels as you got, you must of liked it anyways, cause many people dont level that far and say I hate it. But the good thing about it, you can always come back and pickup where you left off.

• TarokoTaroko Member UncommonPosts: 84

Starting to see more and more of these everyday.  Sad to see another MMO do so baddly in getting things right.

• ZakorZakor Member UncommonPosts: 214

Well I don't feel that I'm leaving because I burnt myself out by playing too much because the leveling is actually very fast up to lvl 40. Doing quests require no grinding at all. I also was in the early access so I had a few days more than the rest.

The only thing that I think sold me at first were the graphics. The first 20 levels were actually alot of fun. Within the 20 first levels, you could hear the NPC talk when u were talking to them but when you leave tortage, they just don't talk anymore. The quests are getting alot more boring and it's always the samething you do. Get from Point A to B. etc. It's just far from finished, especially with all those bug'ed quests. The game needed another 6 months in beta I think.

I MIGHT come back one day... but not now. I think I'm more the problem, being an old MMORPG gamer that doesn't like instances. I like when everyone's together. I am playing MMORPGs and not to solo. I hate when you are in a group and it get all messed up because everyone is not in the same instances. People get frustrated and most of the time leave the group.

I think the game wasn't made for me. I was wrong to buy it. But I had heard that after tortage that the instancing was ALOT less worse, wich I think is really wrong. I had also heard that the zones were connected, nope they weren't. I shouldn't have listened to these beta players or fanboi.

The game is fine, but not great. Nothing new too.

• KienKien Member Posts: 520

Look at the bright side. From the number of characters you have, I'd say you got your money's worth.

• funnylumpyfunnylumpy Member Posts: 212

Originally posted by Zakor

I liked Age of Conan at first but after many many hours of play, a lvl 50 PoM, 42 DT and a few others, I am already bored... Here's what I gaved as reason to Funcom when I cancelled my subscription and is how I feel about the game. This ain't a troll post, just my thoughts, cuz I think it might help some people to determine if this game is for them.
    Reasons given to funcom :
    I've had a petition going on for days and I still ain't got no anwser. It seems like there is only one GM per servers working on. The game isn't balanced at all in PvP. Healer class isn't good at all. I feel like the game is not finished and polished. The world is bland. There's too many zoning. The quests are always : run around for hours from point A to B. There's way too many instances and therefor, the world seem alot smaller! The zones aren't connected, you got to talk to a npc to get around, wich doesn't give a feeling of exploration... etc.... I could go on like that forever. So basicly, the game is a huge down for someone who's looking for an immersive and huge world. Good try though.
    I felt like this MMORPG was meant alot more to a console user, wich I know, is what they are doing BUT I still think the world is bland and without life.
    Just some thoughts. Don't get angry with me, I'm by no mean a troll.

dumn this is exactly almost the same posting I did after playing EVE for a good while.. sent a petition took amazing 4 weeks to get a reply very unbalanced when it comes to pvp etc.. I mean a space game with tons of players on the same server apart of a corp and alliance and still the game was empty..

I had a rant about this in another forum when I left EVE I was most frustrated by the time CCP took to handle my petition. In anycase my point is that a few days for petitions is ok but WEEKS???

In anycase I gave EVE a long time and AoC is defently worth giving more time...

Don't get me wrong though, I did not leave because of bad customer service. But for the other reasons mentionned above. :D

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787

I find it fun and engaging for the moment, despite the drawbacks.  I also dislike all the instancing, and the fact that the only way to get around is to teleport, effectively, by talking to NPCs -- it doesn't make the world seem very large or even properly connected.  But I find the gameplay fun and engaging.  I don't see this (for me) as a long term game, I can see how it will get boring after a few months, but for those few months I think it will be fun.

• funnylumpyfunnylumpy Member Posts: 212

I understand your reasons I mean it was exactly mostly the same as regards to me relationship to EVE.. I mean EVE looks nice... and that was all..

but the petition time was the final nail in the coffin for me as for EVE... regarding AoC I will probably give it more time than a few weeks.. but then ragarding my activty playing games since I have a real life it might take some time before I get tired. :)

• FalconoffuryFalconoffury Member Posts: 555

I also dislike the size of the world and the instancing. I come from Asheron's Call which has no instances and a massive world.

• bluberryhazebluberryhaze Member Posts: 1,702

today i stalked this level 31 (im 26) who ganked me while i was hunting. my assasin located him while stealthed and tracked him for 4-6 minutes waiting for the right time to strike. stealthed backstab for half his health than bam, blam, wam for the other half. it felt real good. this is the first mmo that i am pvp'ing in, having a great time. i have 2 characters from early access. a lvl 27 and lvl 13.

my only problem with this game is the instancing. you see, i might not have been able to track him if he zoned and i zoned...to different instances of the same zone.. but other than that, im having fun.

cheers and GL.

-I will subtlety invade your psyche-

• Arthen123Arthen123 Member Posts: 6

i tend to agree with the op . the biggest thing that conan lacks is that sence of immersion . its a game you could play happily for a few months maybe (depending on how much you play) but theres nothing to keep you there long term .which quite frankly is a big problem when you sent a lot of money developing a game for years that the majority of people will get bored with in a short time when compared to other some other mmos .

Oh and another thing I didn't like was the forced pathing. Being forced to go from point A to B by using the roads only is annoying. Most of the zones aren't flat but full of roads and bridges AND mountains... so you always end up being forced to use roads. That's something that I find very frustrating. I know not all the zones are like that but most of them are. Some have so many roads and path and bridges that's becoming a real labyrith.

Sorry I just talking about bad things here. I will try to think about good things too...

• WiltsfkWiltsfk Member Posts: 6

The quests are getting alot more boring and it's always the samething you do. Get from Point A to B. etc. 
     People get frustrated and most of the time leave the group.

nothing new?

U don´t need to grind like hell, u don´t have to search those damn mission goals like idiot, if u die u don´t have to run 1000km to get corpse.

I have played in team from lvl 1 to lvl 38 it´s not so lame like u speak.

Armor textures is FINALY good in one game.

In wow u have mountains to.. roads are bit wider but u cant go everywhere. if u wan to go another map u can use only one road!

and wtf u can do more in wow or any other MMO missions... get from point A to B nothing more ouh yes kill 50-200 beast, collect some junk or kill some rats in amarr space to.

EVE missions are fun.. warp in- kill some rats- warp out... wap in- kill some rats- warp out... warp in- kill some rats- warp out... warp in- kill some rats- warp out...  lvl1 missions up to lvl 4

Originally posted by Wiltsfk

The quests are getting alot more boring and it's always the samething you do. Get from Point A to B. etc. 

nothing new?

U don´t need to grind like hell, u don´t have to search those damn mission goals like idiot, if u die u don´t have to run 1000km to get corpse.

In wow u have mountains to.. roads are bit wider but u cant go everywhere. if u wan to go another map u can use only one road!

and wtf u can do more in wow or any other MMO missions... get from point A to B nothing more ouh yes kill 50-200 beast or kill some rats in amarr space to.

First of all, did I ever mention WoW in my posts here? So don't bring this up in here. I never compared AoC to WoW so go troll away... I didn't even compare the game to ANY other game...

Second, the armors look all the same... and the graphics about them aren't SOOOO good like you pretend them to be. Funcom told us that the game  would have alot of looks with the armor. That's not what I've been seeing. Maybe You are blind Sir?

Let's give you an example since you seem to be in denial. When someone wear light armor, almost everyone within the 10 lvls will have the same exact look. You get to change your look every 10 levels. So If you wear medium armor, 90% of MMO players WILL HAVE THE SAME look as you if they are within 10 lvls of your current level. How fun is that?

So don't come here to troll me and watch your language. I have the right to express the way I feel about that game. Everything I've said is fair and I THINK reprensent the condition of the game at the moment.

If you don't like what you read because you are in denial, go play and don't come here and trolls people because they don't see things the way you do. You like the game? Great!! I'm sooo happy for you, now go away and have fun.

Originally posted by Wiltsfk

nothing new?

and wtf u can do more in wow or any other MMO missions... get from point A to B nothing more ouh yes kill 50-200 beast, collect some junk or kill some rats in amarr space to.

EVE missions are fun.. warp in- kill some rats- warp out... wap in- kill some rats- warp out... warp in- kill some rats- warp out... warp in- kill some rats- warp out...  lvl1 missions up to lvl 4

And  btw Wiltsfk, yes the game show us WHERE is the goal and what to do, maybe you like easy games like that but I'm not the one who like being breast feeded like a baby. Maybe you'd like your mommy to level you up while you're in shcool too? 'Pleaaaassseee MOMMMY! Level me up while i'm at shcool cuz my friends gonna get higher... oh and look, questing is easy, just follow the marks on the map!'

Would you like a lollypop with that too? o.O

Sorry I just wanted to troll you back for no reason too...

First of all, did I ever mention WoW in my posts here? So don't bring this up in here. I never compared AoC to WoW so go troll away... I didn't even compare the game to ANY other game...

If you don't like what you read because you are in denial, go play and don't come here and trolls people because they don't see things the way you do. You like the game? Great!! I'm sooo happy for you, now go away and have fun.

You must compare or you just whine how bad it is. And u may troll here and I cant.. why?

first I watched Youtube, read all this crap how bad it is before I played it.. and it doesn´t change my opinion? In fact u can´t find anythin but whining in forums, u scare away ppl.

If u make new thread "this game sucks"

then you must tell other people who come here and read u post WHY it or WHAT sucks MORE than some XXX MMO.

THEN they can decide is it worse then other MMO´s what they have played.

"they don´t see things way you do"

THEY MUST DESIDE NOT YOU!

And WTF my mother concerns u little punk?

• dirtknap69dirtknap69 Member Posts: 295

anyone who says anything negative about this game is automatically branded a troll, regardless of how sincere or restrained they may have been.

i swear some of the uber-fanboys of this game are paid employees of Funcom...

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

My biggest gripe is the monetary drops in this game.    I am level 50 and I have all of 1 gold and 55 silver, haven't spent a thing and I also sell resorces on the trader and really the only reason why I would like more money to drop is for a horse...a simple horse that makes traveling the zones easier...I hate all this running around BS.    Funcom is quickly loosing my love for the game because I am getting burned out with all the stinking running from here, to there, to here....and grinding for money to get a mount...if I am lucky I will be 60 when I can finally buy one and that is just stupid!   It should have been up'd in beta.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Is two weeks in a game really that bad without a mount? 

• salamander13salamander13 Member Posts: 100

Dont wory to much about mounts ... my PoM could out run all the mounts ive seen so far, because of the way stamina works with sprinting.

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860
    Originally posted by Teala

My biggest gripe is the monetary drops in this game.    I am level 50 and I have all of 1 gold and 55 silver, haven't spent a thing and I also sell resorces on the trader and really the only reason why I would like more money to drop is for a horse...a simple horse that makes traveling the zones easier...I hate all this running around BS.    Funcom is quickly loosing my love for the game because I am getting burned out with all the stinking running from here, to there, to here....and grinding for money to get a mount...if I am lucky I will be 60 when I can finally buy one and that is just stupid!   It should have been up'd in beta.

A mate of mine has a horse, and thanks to him being the lab rat, i'll save my money. And I agree with you, but I already got tired of running at level 25ish lol, quests are retarded.

• urbanmonkeyurbanmonkey Member UncommonPosts: 134

Originally posted by HiGHPLaiNS

Its nothing personal, but if I did as many levels as you, I would have burned out myself.
    Knowing as many levels as you got, you must of liked it anyways, cause many people dont level that far and say I hate it. But the good thing about it, you can always come back and pickup where you left off.
    He made it to 50. The game has almost no quests after 50 and it becomes a grind. He doesn't want to grind so he got that "end game" feeling.

At lest he gave it an honest shot.

---------------------------------------------------------
    Never argue with idiots. They are immune to logic.

• quaikyquaiky Member Posts: 566

travelling and constantly running through grey zones is probably the most annyoing part for me too. once you get to ~ lvl 40 you end up running through connel's valley every time you want to get to fields of the dead (why could there be no direct way through this zone, why do i have to follow the stupid ways) so often that you soon cannot stand it anymore.

and zone connection maps look like the running will only get worse with higher levels as the dungeons and adventure zones are all very split up. i really think this game needs a griffin like transport system, i guess griffins don't fit lore, but they could make it horsestations instead between which you can automatically travell for a small fee.

Originally posted by dirtknap69

anyone who says anything negative about this game is automatically branded a troll, regardless of how sincere or restrained they may have been.

i swear some of the uber-fanboys of this game are paid employees of Funcom...

Fanboy... hm maybe. I just freak out when I see this crap.

I bought 2 accounts in Tabula Rasa and I closed my accounts after one month why? I bought Lineage II... I activated it and played 2 levels after that I closed game and never played it again why? do u realy want to read all this whining? I think not.

If he doesn´t like this game why he doesn´t sell it? out there is lot of people who want to buy account.

If he want to start playng again he may buy it again.

peace.