Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

a computer with no sli....

surge11surge11 Member Posts: 97

if i buy a comp with no sli b/c it only has one pce-i slot..... am i doomed or will i be ok here is the comp http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8772768&productCategoryId=abcat0501003&type=product&tab=2&id=1204331806567#productdetail

Comments

• DeadlyMageDeadlyMage Member Posts: 543

do you want to go sli ? if no the you are fine

• surge11surge11 Member Posts: 97

well when my comp becomes dated and i need to buy stuff to keep it up to date will no sli affect me?

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827

sli is really not needed unless u are a diehard gamer/geek (:P) or u have too much money, imho u dont need it

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

• surge11surge11 Member Posts: 97

ok thanks for the feedback...im going to get this computer and i will be playing/ tring out the New MMO's that are being released along with an old favorite

just get a new mobo in the future if you want to update

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

The fact is by the time you would sli another card as an upgrade, there will already be a new card in that price range that will outperform an sli combo of your old card.

Originally posted by CleffyII

The fact is by the time you would sli another card as an upgrade, there will already be a new card in that price range that will outperform an sli combo of your old card.

but going sli would be cheaper :)