Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disconnect from network

CenthialCenthial Member Posts: 30

hello,

i recently just bought a new computer. everything has gone well but i am having a problem that i was hoping you guys might be able to help me out with. I have a wireless network and it's showing a strong connection. I can surf the web with no problems whatsoever. But when i try to connect to any game usually within 30 seconds to a minute it completely disconnects me from the network. I have tried running as administrator and made sure my firewall allowed it. I even disabled the firewall completeley plus all anti-virus with no luck.

I am currently using windows vista  and dynex equipment. the same stuff i used with my old computer. I am not sure what to provide for information. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cen

Comments

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

Its a problem with the wireless signal.  It actually isn't a constant stream but ups and downs.  When you are using a program that needs a constant stream connection, it will cut out.  Best solution is to wire up, or move closer to the source.

• CenthialCenthial Member Posts: 30

ok thanks cleffy. I think i have a long ethernet cable i can use instead. it just kinda irritated me because with my old pc it works fine but with my new one no luck. I can jump on with my old one and play a game no problem, but when i log on with my new one, almost instant disconnect. I'll hook a cable up.

thanks,

Cen