Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why are melee so much worse than casters?

I swear on my bear shaman and barbarian I can't manage to take on 2 things without dying or coming close. on a caster everything is easy, no problems no matter how many I get. what is it I'm doing wrong? or is this just the way it is?

so annoying

Comments

• MordriaMordria Member Posts: 556

Strange, with my guardian I can take on 4-5 of the same level but with my demonologist I get killed taking on 3.

guess it's just a matter of how you play

RAWR!  :p

• TheArzhAngelTheArzhAngel Member Posts: 159

And i can kill like 8 - 16 mobs, 3 - 4 lvls under my lvl whit my necromancer, or 2 - 4 about 3 - 4 lvls over my lvl. so... :) 

But i will say if there is a dif, that make it harder for a tank then a caster is, the combo system. That makes it hard/ if the player dont use a macro keyboard that is.

Beta:
    GW, WOW, AOC, DAOC, DOD, L2, VG.
    Playd:
    GW necro msx, WOW never maxd, DAOC reaver-paladin-cabalist-vamp max, L2 never maxd, VG never maxd.

Play:
    Daoc - Paladin. Classic.

• docminusdocminus Member Posts: 717

I agree that it must be the way you play your class.

I don't have any problems with my Guardian, I love her (errr.... okay, so I am a guy and it is a RPG, so what :P )

I have probs with casters, though, so if it is the opposite for you, then q.e.d. I would say.

imageimage

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    Originally posted by justinope

I swear on my bear shaman and barbarian I can't manage to take on 2 things without dying or coming close. on a caster everything is easy, no problems no matter how many I get. what is it I'm doing wrong? or is this just the way it is?

so annoying

i find the exact opposite. I think the magic users sucks

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• grimmbotgrimmbot Member Posts: 302

Originally posted by Enigma

so annoying

i find the exact opposite. I think the magic users sucks

Same here.

Unless the OP only took a Bear Shaman to about LEvel 12, when we still suck. ;)

• justinopejustinope Member Posts: 46

interesting, well I guess I'll keep going. maybe I'm just not lining mobs up properly or something but I didn't think at these lower levels that technicalities would matter so much

for example at level8 on my barbarian I open with sleep and line them up side by side, attack the low defense zones and slam on cooldown. is there anything else I could do?

• boognish75boognish75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,540

Tank = paladin, shadowknight, guardian, berserker,...these clkases do not do much in the way of damage, they can live long in a battle do to there high hitpoints but actually taking down a hard mob is a challenge do to there lack of damage output,  These are taNKs, they are for taking the brunt force of said mob while holding aggro, as most of them do have buffs and attacks that make the mob speciffically mad at them. Me3anwhile, whilst the tank is holding aggro you have the clerics healing the tanks and you have the damage doers who are wizards, shamans, most cloth wearting nukers, you will notice that these damage classes can usually kill mobs higher than they are but easily die rather fast if the mob gets a good hold on them.

As desighned in an mmo which is suppose to be group play intended with other fellow online friends , when the classes come together in a group ie the tank holding aggro and taking damage,..healers healing the tank....dps and nukes staying in the background doing there damage from a distance as to not get hit and shouldnt get hit if they dont overnuke before the tank secures aggro and yer utility classes like bard casting debuffs and threat transfers and speed buffs to the whole group great things can happen and almost anything can be taken down that way.

playing eq2 and two worlds

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

interesting, well I guess I'll keep going. maybe I'm just not lining mobs up properly or something but I didn't think at these lower levels that technicalities would matter so much

for example at level8 on my barbarian I open with sleep and line them up side by side, attack the low defense zones and slam on cooldown. is there anything else I could do?

are you using your Melee combat combos properly?

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• justinopejustinope Member Posts: 46

Originally posted by Enigma
    are you using your Melee combat combos properly?

give me an example :o