Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leaving the Comp on, or turning it off??

MistorwinkyMistorwinky Member Posts: 5

Mainly i'm asking becuz i dont know the true answer. I've heard people tell me both.

I'm talking about at night when im sleeping, and then times when im at work etc...

Is it better to leave the computer on, and let the screen-saver and power-saver take over, or are you supposed to just turn it off??

Thx for any replies.

Comments

• AznmaskAznmask Member Posts: 178

if you not download anything then u can turn it off to save electricity. Also help prevent your pc to getting alot of dust too.

Dont you realize when you pc is brand NEW it wasn't that noisy but while for 1-2yr it was so loud? have u realize that?

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

Just turn it off.  You can also setup your boot or shutdown to clean your system.

• VicatinVicatin Member UncommonPosts: 139

Leave the computer on.

It is not good for the processor to be heated and cooled repeatedly. Go google it mate..

• AznmaskAznmask Member Posts: 178

Originally posted by Vicatin

Leave the computer on.

It is not good for the processor to be heated and cooled repeatedly. Go google it mate..
    ya but you not going to use the pc for 10yr? or even 5yr?

Most ppl replace their pc not because it is broke, because it is slow..

• Varlok91Varlok91 Member Posts: 396

Originally posted by Mistorwinky

Mainly i'm asking becuz i dont know the true answer. I've heard people tell me both.
    I'm talking about at night when im sleeping, and then times when im at work etc...

Is it better to leave the computer on, and let the screen-saver and power-saver take over, or are you supposed to just turn it off??
    Thx for any replies.
    Leaving your computer on over night in power-saver mode will cost you approximately $50 a year.

--------------------------------
    Desktop - AMD 8450 Tri Core, 3 gigs of DDR2 800 RAM, ATI HD 3200 Graphics, Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
    Laptop (Dell Latitude E6400) - Intel P8400, 2 GIGs of RAM, Intel X4500, Windows XP Professional

• EcranomicalEcranomical Member Posts: 326
    Originally posted by Vicatin

Leave the computer on.

Ya...only if your turning your computer on and off every 30 minutes. If your going to sleep or going to work (I assume roughly 8 hours for each) then just go ahead and turn it off. The cooling/heating problem wouldn't apply.

• Cotillion99Cotillion99 Member UncommonPosts: 251

what about if you leave your computer on always, and while its on music is playing and the only time is stops is because pandora has decided that you are no longer listening?

• lewit24lewit24 Member Posts: 6

turn it off and dont leave the standby light on either as that costs too... i suggest unplug it at night and also in the day if its not inconvenient

but ye turning it on and off all the time in short time burst is bad for the pc

just use a bit of common sense lol

www.beyondevo.com <- sign up now

• xxthecorexxxxthecorexx Member Posts: 1,078

turning it off will help extend the time between having to blow out your fans and sinks from accumulated cat hair

or shave the cat and leave it on, your choice.