Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good enough to play?

Please check out my computers specs and tell how well i can run AOC

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E8400 (2x 3.0GHz/6MB L2 Cache/1333FSB) )

048MB [1024MB X2] DDR2-800 PC6400 Memory Module Corsair-Value or Major Brand )

NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512MB w/DVI + TV Out Video

500 GB HARD DRIVE [Serial-ATA-II, 3Gb, 7200 RPM, 16M Cache]

Comments

• ManiaCCCManiaCCC Member Posts: 121
    Give me a sec.. hmm..wait.. well..according my beer-powered thermal nuclear calculator.. I would say no.. Not at all.. You can't play it.

now question? Are you kidding? :P
  • airborne519airborne519 Member Posts: 542
    Originally posted by ManiaCCC

Give me a sec.. hmm..wait.. well..according my beer-powered thermal nuclear calculator.. I would say no.. Not at all.. You can't play it. now question? Are you kidding? :P

LOL! yeah, I think he's bragging..

• demo3210demo3210 Member Posts: 112

High settings with most features turned on...maybe not ALL, but def most. 

• WallissWalliss Member Posts: 107

Is that 2GB of RAM I see? If it is, regardless of the spec/brand of the RAM this may be the only problem you have, reducing FPS by a small amount in some busy areas.

Other than that, enjoy Shader 3.0, 16X AA and all the other beautiful aspects of the graphics :)

Shadow Guild Leader of Dynasty, Stygian Casual Core PvE based guild on EN Fury PvP.

Currently looking for core members, feel free to visit http://www.aoc-dynasty.webs.com/ for more info, and forums link.

• OriphusOriphus Member UncommonPosts: 467

I really think you should upgrade that old 8800gt

:)
    "Trump is a blunt force, all-American, laser-guided middle finger to everything and everyone in Washington, D.C." - Wayne Allyn Root 
  • bigplanetbigplanet Member Posts: 133
    Originally posted by Oriphus

sarcasm?

Originally posted by bigplanet

sarcasm?

He can swap it with my 8600gts that runs the game perfectly if he wants...its a tried and tested card :D

"Trump is a blunt force, all-American, laser-guided middle finger to everything and everyone in Washington, D.C." - Wayne Allyn Root 
  • Pjay2kPjay2k Member CommonPosts: 260

Originally posted by wcpcray

You can have a max of 3 Gb Ram on a 32 Bit Operating System. (like Windows Vista and XP)

thats the first thing I would upgrade to run age of conan (upgrade to 3 Gb Ram)

From the CPU Part: a Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 got 3 Ghz (two 64 bit chips) Thats enough for run this game for now.

From the Graphics Card I would suggest at least a Nvidia 8800 GTX with 640 Mb Ram.

SOE and NGE-Star Wars Galalaxies:
    Raph Koster: "It's like dumping the girlfriend who has always been patient and loving to chase after the supermodel who probably won't love you back."

Originally posted by Pjay2k

You can have a max of 3 Gb Ram on a 32 Bit Operating System. (like Windows Vista and XP)

From the CPU Part: a Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 got 3 Ghz (two 64 bit chips) Thats enough for run this game for now.

From the Graphics Card I would suggest at least a Nvidia 8800 GTX with 640 Mb Ram.

I think its 3.2 gb max (but i am far from an expert lol) so maybe he could stick in a small 250 stick aswell :D

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Originally posted by Pjay2k

I think its 3.2 gb max (but i am far from an expert lol) so maybe he could stick in a small 250 stick aswell :D

Your right there in what it shows, but the system will use all the ram if 4gbs are installed on a 32bit OS.

And OP You will be fine on Max settings with a little tweaking.

• RobotixRobotix Member Posts: 37

Not sure if that has been said before but fyi the game currently offers a DX9 client ONLY.. DX10 client will be coming hopefully by the end of the year...