Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More MB for mail?

UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

I have come to rely on my mail adress here more and more, especially for signing up to other forums, betas and other important things for wich I like a online mail were I can get hold of adresses and passwords mailed to me.

Now most of these mails I do not want trow away since they ineed contain important info, and I am slowly reaching my 1mb limit.

Now is there like any way for long term menbers, or high ranking ones to get a few more MB's? Would be a nice gesture to thoose of us who actually use our mmorpg.com mail adress a lot. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments

• TaskyZZTaskyZZ Member Posts: 1,476

Originally posted by Umbrood
    I have come to rely on my mail adress here more and more, especially for signing up to other forums, betas and other important things for wich I like a online mail were I can get hold of adresses and passwords mailed to me.
    Now most of these mails I do not want trow away since they ineed contain important info, and I am slowly reaching my 1mb limit.
    Now is there like any way for long term menbers, or high ranking ones to get a few more MB's? Would be a nice gesture to thoose of us who actually use our mmorpg.com mail adress a lot.

Would be nice, but I don't see how they can do it by rank.

Get a few posts deleted, drop your rank, and they delete your mail?? ::::31::

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Nah it would have to work like once you reached 3 stars you get say 3mb and that never lowers. Inactive account for say a couple of months and then they can reset to 1mb and delete whatever surplus there is.

Even with the amount of members we have here I do not think say 5mb per account after a certain time or rank would put to much strain on system resources. Of all registered members say 10-15% have 3 stars or more? (no clue on that really).

Seeing as they write their own programs across the board from what I have seen this would be much easier to implement then on any other site. I think they could automatise this real easy.

Also, I have high hopes for project-X on this.. :)

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.

• BroodsteRBroodsteR Member Posts: 86

As a web developer all i can say iis (speaking for MMorpg.com) you develoip the php scripts for this mb rank system quota thing and then they'll prolly do it otherwise ur on crack

Liked: Shadowbane, Neocron, Ultima Online(Before UO:R)
    Not Sure about: DAoC
    Disliked: AC1, Everquest 1, Everquest 2, World of Garbage(Warcraft), Eve Online, Jumpgate, AC2, Anarchy Online, Sims Online, Saga of Ryzom, Lineage II, City of Heroes, FFXI, Planetside, UO:R(and after)

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    As a web developer you should have noticed they do not use PhP, they wrote their own software. Had it been PhP then sure a script like that would be easy. But as I do not have access to their code it is rather hard. Hence I made a suggestion only.