Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NCsoft tries...

FFandDBFFandDB Member Posts: 57

I dont really get why NCsoft doesnt  advertise Aion more.

It is a geat game with awesome grafix, great combat animation, very good character customization and even a lot better gameplay.

With some more publicity and a good high quality Aion site, this game could become the best hit for 2008 and get a very huge subscribers base with more than 2 millions.

Ofc the best publicity is "from mouth to mouth" but they still need to make the basics like AoC and warhammer do.

But i have seen some very good publishing from AoC and warhammer and WotLK  too.

People get to know the game , its features, its gamestyle and gameplay.

But   w/o at least a proper site Aion is gonna fail  at least for sure in EU and US.

But if NCsoft continues like this , the people wont get a chance to know about this game and think that it is just another Asian grinder game.

Comments

• kwstas123456kwstas123456 Member Posts: 8

Well yeah, u got a good point there.

NCsoft need to publish Aion a lot more.

AoC and warhammer did so and they got a lot pre-orders and tha fanbase grow a lot.

And ofc good publishing leads to more users, which leads to more income for NCsoft, which leads to more improvements on the game.

Otherwise NCsoft will just let Aion players on their own , and wont care about the game but will start making GW2.

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

I agree, they need more advertising.  MMOs arre all about hype these days.  Getting word out through mouth is not the best way to go about getting subscribers...

Perhaps they are advertising it out in Korea more, though.  That is where this game will be huge.

• MarkJWMarkJW ColumnistMember Posts: 226
    Originally posted by FFandDB

With some more publicity and a good high quality Aion site, this game could become the best hit for 2008 and get a very huge subscribers base with more than 2 millions.
    But   w/o at least a proper site Aion is gonna fail  at least for sure in EU and US.

There IS a "good high quality Aion site" available. It's AionSource.com. Check it out, tell people who are interested about the game to go there. It's the best, biggest English-language Aion fansite on he internet. We're about to break 8000 members!

• FFandDBFFandDB Member Posts: 57

Originally posted by MarkJW

There IS a "good high quality Aion site" available. It's AionSource.com. Check it out, tell people who are interested about the game to go there. It's the best, biggest English-language Aion fansite on he internet. We're about to break 8000 members!

Yeah , ofc i know Aionsource.com. I dont know if it is and offcial site from NCsoft though.

Anyway, this site is nothing if u compare it with the site AoC, warhammer or WoW have. There are a lot things missing from Aionsource.com. You can check site of the others MMO 's  so u can understand what i really mean by   "high quality" official site.

Aionsource.com   is more like a fan site to me.  It has even AoC advertisements on , for gods sake !!!

Anyway  maybe they advertise the game more in Korea, but then Aion will become just another Asian grinder game and will be lost in EU and US for sure.

If they really want Aion to become (cause it really can) the biggest MMO for 2008 worldwide, they should really start going up with the hype  cause the  competition is allready way ahead.

And i am sure that hype is the biggest way to get thousands of subscribers at least in the EU and US market.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Well, i'ts not done and most likely they are trying to avoid overhype.

Too many games fall prey to this and when they launch they can't handle the scrutiny.

I've always said that game companies should not advertise until they pretty much knew they had a finished prodcut that was close to finish and that everything worked the way they wanted BEFORE advertising.

This way they don't paint themselves into a corner.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • GrrinGrrin Member Posts: 3

Thing is, though, that Aion is going to launch this year, and I hadn't even heard of the game till a few days ago! They really should up the hype a bit - commercials attract playerbase, and without a decent amount of people, MMORPGs are bound to die out quietly.

• EkoplazEkoplaz Member Posts: 5

May be, the advertissing come later ? Be patient. I'm pretty sure that NCSoft going to make a few campain of advertissing.

• MarkJWMarkJW ColumnistMember Posts: 226

Originally posted by MarkJW

Yeah , ofc i know Aionsource.com. I dont know if it is and offcial site from NCsoft though.

Anyway, this site is nothing if u compare it with the site AoC, warhammer or WoW have. There are a lot things missing from Aionsource.com. You can check site of the others MMO 's  so u can understand what i really mean by   "high quality" official site.

Aionsource.com   is more like a fan site to me.  It has even AoC advertisements on , for gods sake !!!

Well AionSource.com IS a fansite, lol, and it''s not cheap to run (hence the banner ads). However, we have Curse Inc./Curse.com/Curse Gaming backing us up. :)

However, I know what you're talking about. Aion DOES have a better "official" site in the works. It'll be much better than the current one. It should look a little like AION.CO.KR. ;)

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

The game is still quite far from release, it would be pointless to start advertising now.

• FFandDBFFandDB Member Posts: 57

Originally posted by Gameloading

The game is still quite far from release, it would be pointless to start advertising now.
    I dont know if i am too damn sleepy or my eyes are making stars, or this is actuially true....

10.145 posts.....wow, wow, wow

• erandurerandur Member Posts: 727

Wrong, i'll shoot them if they advertise more, it just attracts the wrong people. The 1337 fleet... Look at AoC, they did too much advertising, and is attracting retards now. (not saying that AoC players are retards, the retards barely get to play it anyway).

You know it, the best way to realize your dreams is waking up and start moving, never lose hope and always keep up.

• erandurerandur Member Posts: 727

Right.. it'll get released in 3-6 months probably. It already had 2 beta's... ;)

You know it, the best way to realize your dreams is waking up and start moving, never lose hope and always keep up.

• dakota123dakota123 Member Posts: 93

if they advertsie now, just think, 5 months of trolls being attracted to us instead of arhammer, which will probally be the next troll spot

• h4teh4te Member Posts: 23

A lot of games today are known to advertise WAY before the actual release date. AoC for example, it was hyped along with dx10 back in late 2006?

But i agree, too much hype can lead to disappointment, as well attracting unwanted attentions from fanboys of other upcoming games(warhammer lols). On the other hand however, a MMORPG need to be some what hyped for a successful launch, because numbers do matter in a MMO. Take lineage2 for example, it was never marketed before release, with the NA site looking like crap, and half of the people on this site haven't even heard about the game. Then look at vanguard, although the game was epic fail due to bugs/game design, at least a lot of people heard/tried the game.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by erandur

Right.. it'll get released in 3-6 months probably. It already had 2 beta's... ;)

If its anywhere between 3 and 6 months then its WAY to early to already start advertising.

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860
    Originally posted by erandur

in korea

• Darkheart00Darkheart00 Member Posts: 521

IMO NCsoft was never good at advertising or hyping their product City of heroes, Lineage are all good examples. Hopefully it changes with this

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

Tabula rasa was quite well hyped, both L2 and CoX are 4/5 years old, they have stablished properly since those times :)

• TensaiLeaderTensaiLeader Member Posts: 3

It's currently not too close to being released onto the market, haven't even had open beta, so they don't want people to get interested, and wait for however long it may be until they lose interest, once they get closer, it'll be all over the news lol :)

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

Originally posted by Ephimero

Tabula rasa was quite well hyped

And look how well that turned out.... I do get what you are saying though, Aion is getting advertising in Korea if I'm not mistaken and it'll be probably get some on the NA side whenever we get some sort of beta ourselves. Until then 2 months until closed beta 3.. ^_^

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)