Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting Up - Any pointers?

JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702

So, I quit my 75BLM back in early 2005. I have decided to come back but unfortunately my character has been lost. I am looking for a server to start up on besides Odin and Asura. I could also use some class pointers and maybe an LS/friends if possible. I have Ventrilo btw!

Comments

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

Well with you already leveling blm to 75 you are way ahead of the game. The real big difference is the aht urghan expansion that wasn't out in 2005 and it has completely changed the game after lvl 55 when it comes to experience points partying. No more crab, crabs, and more crabs like back in the day. You will have trouble with blm in the new zones because colibri have an ability called reflect that reflects damage of spells onto the tank. The great thing is there are tons of soloing guides for blm and they actually do better at that lvl soloing then they used to do in a pt.

I'm not sure what job you're gonna want to start out as. If you are looking to play one of the new jobs I would say all of them are great. Corsair is a mix between brd and rng decent damage and decent pt buffs, Blu mage uses beast magic attacks they learn from having them used on them. Blu magic is not reflected by colibri either and some of their spells do sick damage i really like pting with blus. Puppetmaster.... well idk much about it, doesn't seem to be used endgame much except for a weak damage dealer or a decent soloer but don't take my word for i could completely wrong. Scholar is a mix between blm and whm but not like rdm at all. It switches between the two so you can be one or the other but you can't just switch back right away it has a timer. Sch is freaking awesome though they can cast aoe on any buff with an ability of theirs so they can give everyone in the pt stoneskin sneak invis everything just by using their ability. Dancer has nice buffs but the interesting thing about it is they use different dances to do different things, the cool thing is they don't use mp at all they use their tp to do their dances but they don't cost a 100tp for stuff its normally a lot lower.

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702

I don't have my BLM anymore, it has been deleted since I hadn't logged in for about 3 years. I am starting over, hence why I am looking for a group or anyone to play with / a server to play on.