Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mxo is not dead and I am very impressed

As a beta tester and even purchased the game, I hated the release and left the game after only 2 months.

While waiting on AOC I decided to give the game one last try.

All I can say is WOW, I had a veteran show me all the new secret places they've added and tell me about all the new content you see at higher levels.

Normally I never promote a game, but felt as a 15 year mmo veteran this one worth playing now.

Yes still has bugs, but what game don't. I hear they add new faction story missions every Thursday and some new big update in the works. Has a very active PVP following and new people are joining every day.

If you love the movies you will love the game, takes time to discover all the hidden content. Even saw what appears to be Neo being reconstructed.

Ignore the Trolls who flame this post.

Comments

• RudedawgCDNRudedawgCDN Member UncommonPosts: 507

Your first post ever om mmporg.com and you come to tell us how great all the "hidden" content is in a game....

I won't flame you I'll just state a simple fact....

If the game is as good as you say, more people would be playing it.

• neolivesftwneolivesftw Member Posts: 163

RP is all the content u need in a gaime. it's mmoRPG s0n.

BbbbbbbbALLIN!

Hail Neo, full of pwnage, Morpheus is with thee
    Blessed art thou among Zion, and blessed is the roundhouse against Smith.
    Holy Neo, pray for us now, and at the hour of Victory, Amen.

• NothinghereNothinghere Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by wulvgar

All I can say is WOW, I had a veteran show me all the new secret places they've added and tell me about all the new content you see at higher levels.

Um.. sorry to tell you but that is completely incorrect. You make it sound like they came out with some awesome new expansion pack but no, those places were there already when the game was made. They were used by the devs for a variety of reasons such as the white room being used by CSR's to ban people.

Of course they shut off any access to these areas and ban all people who enter them. Then later when they have no new content to put out they decide to let people into them with a key for something like.. 100,000,000 info (not joking).

Other than that the "new content" at higher levels is pandora's box which takes maybe a day or two to complete and the recycled missions archive.

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

Since I have a station pass account and it is so easy to play any game I just decided to click on the matrix button and I'm also surprised.  The game isn't nearly as bad as I was expecting.  It's a bit unusual but there are in fact people around.  There were several people in the starting area I appeared in and there was some chat going on. 

Combat was kinda fun and animations were nice.  I'm not sure I have time to get into yet another game but I was pleasently surprised and if I were looking for yet another game or something I'd give this one a better run.

---
    Ethion

• neolivesftwneolivesftw Member Posts: 163

They be addin a new area which i probably gonna bring in a few thousind more peeps. RP is gonna be nuts yall.

Hail Neo, full of pwnage, Morpheus is with thee
    Blessed art thou among Zion, and blessed is the roundhouse against Smith.
    Holy Neo, pray for us now, and at the hour of Victory, Amen.

• Shifty360Shifty360 Member Posts: 629

Das flamme posten ist hier!

Actually no, but if MxO is making a comback I will be overwhelmed with joy that the game is experiencing a resurgance, but I unfortunately won't be playing. I recommend they scrap the story line and start over if they want an even greater influx of new players. Of course bringing Morpheus back in the process. I may consider returning to the game under those circumstances, but I don't expect SOE to do so, which is very unfortunate.

EDIT: I have a question as well.

Have they added any new character customization options or clothing options? or are all of the 50's still wearing the same exact gear and toting the same weapon drops?

• jaharjahar Member Posts: 234

nobody loved those movies. movie, yes, movies no.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Normally I never promote a game, but felt as a 15 year mmo veteran this one worth playing now.

15 Years? 

• PoopyStuffPoopyStuff Member Posts: 297

"Mxo is not dead and I am very impressed"

certainly don't take much to impress you.

• JadetoothJadetooth Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Originally posted by PoopyStuff

"Mxo is not dead and I am very impressed"

certainly don't take much to impress you.

Really? 'cause i'm impressed it's not dead yet aswell :P

------------------------------

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

Well I started playin it a little with my Station Pass, its kind of ok and has some cool features,the combat is quite interesting....... but I dont feel compelled to log in that often,I want to play it ,the setting is really cool and what an IP the Matrix should be ! but there's just something missing and I cant really put my finger on it.

Should be good ,in fact should be awesome with the IP it has , its just not, its just ok.

• Hap-LoHap-Lo Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by summitus

but there's just something missing and I cant really put my finger on it.
    For me, it was the travel-to-playing ratio. So much time was spent traveling to a mission, only to find 2-4 enemies on average. Then more traveling.

Most everything else about the game I thought was great: the look and feel, the phone booth respecs, the storyline, and what there was of the combat was very well-done. There just wasn't enough "playing" time for my tastes.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

I really tried to like this game.

I recently resubscribed myself.  Its a MMO that echoes "too little too late."

Its a shame really. The concept is good but it's got some serious issues:

1.  The severe lack of players. I went on a weekend. Did a who for the entire server. Less than 200 players. Its turned into something like "Face of Mankind." where you have a few devoted amount of players and thats it.

2. If you do wanna see a group of players or just want to see another player, you need to go to Mara or the other contemporary hang out spot.  Other than that, you can run the entire matrix and you'll be lucky to run into 4 players.

3. The cinematics of the game has gotten progressively worse. At first it was actual videos...now they're drawings.  Its ok...but def not an improvement.

4. Missions are still as bad as they were before.  Grind grind grind grind with the same exact stuff.....go here kill this or whatever you choose.  Its fun for a little bit but the severe repeitition of it all is just too much to bare.

I just cannot stay long term with it.  The longest Ive ever stayed with MxO was 2 months...and the last three weeks on my last month I barely logged in.

Great concept. Bad implementation. Too little too late

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• CeredwynnCeredwynn Member Posts: 124

MMO Veteran at the age of 15, wow, don't break a hip now old man river... LoL seriously when did you start playing MMO's? When you were 9?

Originally posted by Enigma
    Great concept. Bad implementation. Too little too late

I knew this was going to happen. I mean great concept before release, then when it was released it was so bad that even with future improvements there was no coming back. Well I'm good at calling things, so let me call this. R.I.P MxO

• SkyJackalSkyJackal Member Posts: 390
    Originally posted by Ceredwynn

MMO Veteran at the age of 15, wow, don't break a hip now old man river... LoL seriously when did you start playing MMO's? When you were 9?

Pretty sure he was saying he's been playing MMOs for 15 years, not that he's 15 years old =P

• TumbletownTumbletown Member Posts: 19

As a beta tester and even purchased the game, I hated the release and left the game after only 2 months.
    Yes still has bugs, but what game don't. I hear they add new faction story missions every Thursday and some new big update in the works. Has a very active PVP following and new people are joining every day.
    If you love the movies you will love the game, takes time to discover all the hidden content. Even saw what appears to be Neo being reconstructed.

who are you trying to kid... rofl

"MMO Veteran at the age of 15, wow, don't break a hip now old man river... LoL seriously when did you start playing MMO's? When you were 9?" - this made me laugh so hard...

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

cant disagree with you more.

I was there recently and while the gamers are very nice, its more dead in that game than Gary Coleman's career.

MxO is utterly dead. I would say about 150 people tops on a weekend night.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

Lol, MxO was my first MMO and i thought it was the bees knees, i recently resubbed and its so bad its unreal, there is actually nothing to do other than hang about one hardline and fight the same 5 people over and over.

• EldaElda Member Posts: 343

hehe, I really did think he meant 'mxo is not dead and that is really impressive'

I'm even impressed that there is still talk going on in this part of the forums here. I think I've been gone from this place for about a year, and I still see some of the same guys talking. I'm impressed.

Still lurking here Skyjackal? ;)

• SkyJackalSkyJackal Member Posts: 390

But of course ;-)

• QbicQbic Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Originally posted by Tumbletown

"MMO Veteran at the age of 15, wow, don't break a hip now old man river... LoL seriously when did you start playing MMO's? When you were 9?" - this made me laugh so hard...

Erm Einstein, he meant he has been playing mmo's for 15 years not that he is a 15 year old veteran.  Learn how to read before ridiculising someone; makes you look rather dumb.......

• LV426LV426 Member Posts: 883

This is going to sound mean, but I wish SOE would just unplug the life support. I would love to see an MMO of Matrix... but this just doesnt have it. Let it go, and let someone start over.

• Nerf09Nerf09 Member CommonPosts: 2,953

Geez will you guys please stop saying things like, "I'm a MMO veteran" and, "in my MMO career..."

It's not a career path, and you aint no vet.  Reading this stuff makes me feel like a super nerd.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

I had to clean my screen after reading this topic.

I was there since Beta and quited after 3 months since launch like almost everyone else.

Matrix Online is dead. And it's just a matter of time till enough people are upgraded to the latest hardware and aren't able to run the game anymore.

If you have the latest ATi HD series or the Geforce 8000 series or higher, then one of the following will happen:

- Under Windows Vista the textures get all distorted.

- Under Windows XP you won't be able to do missions in interior locations without excessive lag.

Is SOE going to fix this? No. It's going on for over 1 and half years and appearently it's just not fixible with just 1 dev in the team. Well frankly 1 dev is the whole team of MxO lol.

It's just a shame. But this is yet again a great IP that's been screwed up by an incompetent developer.

Just like the great IP of Conan that has been screwed up by Funcom.

If SOE didnt bought up MxO, the game wouldn't have lasted more then 6 months.

Cheers

• bigbudderbigbudder Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by Tumbletown

Rofl.....Now this is how to make yourself look a right prat. Learn to read the words before trying to troll .

Im useing small words for you to maybe un der stand.

OP good for you . Its all about enjoying yourself , its just that some people dont get that .