Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not worth your time

hellsfearhellsfear Member UncommonPosts: 83

Domo is a mmo establish in partnership wih aeria gams and here is my reveiw of said game.

to put it as simply as possible,  the game is boring. it lacks in...well, just about everything. I played untill lv 15 then practically killed myself. the game is tageted at a younger age than most games do. The age when evey one likes naruto.speaking of witch we should kill the mankers of naruto. tell them to give me my 30 mins of life back. but back on subject, the game is NOT WORTH YOUR TIME. i would only come back if they paid me a salery. this game is more retarded than a poripine at a petting zoo.

To be fair here are a few POSITIVES. In my experiance there was absolutely NO LAG, but i beleve that has to do with the grafics , there are none. As you can see it looks like a cheap japanese cartoon. but hey no lag. for now there was no spam but who knows how long that will last?

all in all i hate this game aeria games relly f***ed this one up.

Comments

• jjdragon60jjdragon60 Member Posts: 6

im just ayin, but true, aeria games just messes up every good game, the original is a LOT beter!!

• LIthosLIthos Member Posts: 47

Game kinda sorta well........sucks.Case in point MApleStory(sucks also worste grind for no reason in the world).

• hellsfearhellsfear Member UncommonPosts: 83

to be compleatly honest. this game is for yong people who are new to mmos. altho it sucks in comparison

• AvisonAvison Member Posts: 350

As far as free mmo's go this is one of the best. The teacher system helps new players get informed through older players.

Unlike other free mmo's you can use the wasd movement setup instead of mindnumbing clicking. This is always a point in my book.

And DOMO also has some of the best graphics I've seen in a free mmo, the cell shaded anime style is definately another benefit to the blocky realistic styles other games attempt.

This game is definately worth an extensive play. Aeria games never hurt the game in any way, the cash shop isn't broken (unlike some games) , events have cool rewards, and the contests are fun.

I'm not insulting you or anything but you need to widen the view on free online games. They don't get better than this and stay free. 

• ArkGraveArkGrave Member Posts: 21

the problem in this game is mostly the money and the classes

1. Earning money you gotta sell the drops that you get and problem with that is the drops rarely come in...no money no coins are even there for you to pick up which pretty much means making money in this game sucks...Yes I know about the fishing,farming etc etc make your weapons all that stuff is great....but what sucks about it is it's mandatory.....well almost what I mean is you can't get around the game without having to do all that stuff. It would've been better if you could do it on a fun basis.

2. Classes all of them aren't even released yet....and you really can't solo with any of them...I mean yeah you can solo but only up to like 20 after that you gotta start going into parties....

oh and as for the bonus part....your armors break....they have durability which is a negative in my book in great mmorpg games.....

ok, you need to remember that tis is only my opinion. and my opinion is that  this game is wasted had drive space

• iFroobiFroob Member Posts: 52

You people only hate it beacuse you choose a crappy class.

Being an archer is a lot of fun.

Originally posted by iFroob

thats what i chose. i dident choose a crappy class you chose a crappy game

Originally posted by iFroob

Yes how FUN ARCHERS ARE IN DOMO!!!!! GOLDS DON'T DROP SO BUYING ARROWS ARE FREAKING EXPENSIVE HOW FUN IS THAT!?!?!

Archers have slow aspd until they reach level 14 or 12 till they get the skill that raises there aspd for only 2 minutes or so then you gotta wait 10 minutes to use the skill again..

Im sorry but DOMO is a waste of time, if they get rid of durability, and start dropping gold then domo will be fun to play

• ZoolandarZoolandar Member Posts: 1

I'm Currently Playing DoMo, its worth looking into.

The micro transactions are for costumes, exp bonus's, pets, and some random helpful items.

Theres no gold Bots yet. I'd be hard pressed to figure out how they'd be successful at that,  you can get everything you need to play easily in game since all the in game stuff is resonably priced.

The graphics are Solid, Low-Poly, and pleasent to look at, the animations are amussing and very well made. (think a less defformed Zelda Wind Waker/ Anime combo)

Gameplay is fun in team (a bit boring solo). You can be any class, and you can have all the classes in back-up.

the player base, is well... deffinetly younger... but for the most part they arnt that anoying.

I find this Game high quality, for a free game, hell its high quality compared to some of the pay to play games.

<Have Played (for 6 months+)>
    Asherons Call 1 & 2, Ever Quest, World of Warcraft, Auto Assault, Guild Wars, City of Heros/ City of Villians.
    <Now Playing>
    Age of Conan
    Dream of Mirror Online

• GishgeronGishgeron Member Posts: 1,287

I have no ideal what people are crying about....I played from Closed Beta all the way to release and have never encountered any of the things they say.  Gold was never a problem for me, all I ever had to do was set up my harvesting when I was done with the game and let it auto-harvest while I slept.

The combat was great because I was able to mix classes together to find the blend which suited my playstyle best.  The plot was good enough, and the quests were plentiful.  Hell, the class quests are some of the most enjoyable things I've ever done.  To unlock the martial artist (or was it monk...its been awhile) all you had to do was have enough stamina to take one hit from the teacher.  It was kind of neat, and gave me a chuckle.

Really, the only foul thing I COULD say about the game is its strict linear nature on its world maps.  So many hills and mountains which divide the landscape into set paths.  But the areas past the first 3 (all of which are around the same level...no biggie) open up quite a bit more, so I never noticed it.

Truth be told, this is easily one of the top 3 F2P games I've ever touched.  I don't hand that out lightly, as I've played practically every MMO listed here and some which aren't.

In case you are wondering, that list is as follows:

Perfect World

DOMO

Rappelz

I actually liked Flyff as well, but I can't rate it very high as it lacks a ton of content.  The game is pretty much a straight forward grind game, which it does well....but means that all of the gameplay is left inside getting a group and killing the same thing for literally hours on end.

• LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665

DOMO is more of a casual friendly social MMO. It's not all about the grind. The GMs of the game are pretty active and regularly schedule events (at least 1 event a week sometimes more). There's also an active game company sponsored organization called Game Sages which act as volunteer customer service rep for the company. As others have stated before the quality of DOMO is pretty good and could be one of the top FREE2PLAY mmos in the market right now. Gold farmers so far failed to infiltrate and infest this game, there has been several attempts before but the solidarity of the community in reporting botters/gold farmers and the quick response of the GMs has so far eliminate most (if not all) of them.

• monkeyrosemonkeyrose Member Posts: 5

I am currently playing Domo and its a great game. I think that people that played it and don't like it, didn't give it a chance.

At lower levels, its more about the story (there is a very detailed - abeit strange - story line). When I first played, my goal was to do all the quests for commoners and advance the story. Its not just about the grind your way to the end.

The ability to use sub-jobs is key to a successful and fun domo experience. Quiting at lvl 15, just when you can fly and explore is weak.

I have played most of the free 2 play (and some p2p) games out there. I don't play the 2d ones (like maple story). Right now, Domo is at the top of my list.

Give it a try.

• Retard0Retard0 Member Posts: 52
    Originally posted by hellsfear

Domo is a mmo establish in partnership wih aeria gams and here is my reveiw of said game.
    to put it as simply as possible,  the game is boring. it lacks in...well, just about everything. I played untill lv 15 then practically killed myself. the game is tageted at a younger age than most games do. The age when evey one likes naruto.speaking of witch we should kill the mankers of naruto. tell them to give me my 30 mins of life back. but back on subject, the game is NOT WORTH YOUR TIME. i would only come back if they paid me a salery. this game is more retarded than a poripine at a petting zoo.
    To be fair here are a few POSITIVES. In my experiance there was absolutely NO LAG, but i beleve that has to do with the grafics , there are none. As you can see it looks like a cheap japanese cartoon. but hey no lag. for now there was no spam but who knows how long that will last?
    all in all i hate this game aeria games relly f***ed this one up.

Not so much a "review" as an Opinion.

The 2nd part of your 'review' was close though.

As for the Naruto part, well that could already be construed as the reviewer not having a great liking for anime, which this game clearly "tries" to be like. 

A review would be a bit more detailed in game play mechanics, graphics, lag (which you covered), etc.

Eventually I'll get around to trying it.  I just dont have the time at the moment.

• GenjimaruGenjimaru Member Posts: 6

Hmm doesn't seem to bad, I might give it a try later.

• FiresealMMOFiresealMMO Member Posts: 54

Quoting from the game title;

"Not worth your time"

~WORD~

Love the cell shading though...

• Tails1Tails1 Member Posts: 12

Domo is only boring sometimes when autolooting

• SuponjiSuponji Member Posts: 15

Wait, I'm  confused. Your title was a con but your message was a pro. Do you or don't you like the game? Pick a side, we're at war!

How easy do you think it is to sneak into ths zoo? I need to see some penguins like, RIGHT now...

• sjean1sjean1 Member Posts: 3

I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT WHO EVER SAID THAT THEY DIDENT LIKE DOMO HAVE VERY BAD TAST IN ONLINE GAMES DOMO ROCKS ITS PRBABLY ONE OF THE TOP RANKING GAMES

GO DOMO KEEP DOING WHAT YOU DO DOMO STAFF DOMO IS THE MOST GREATEST ONLINE GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED AND TRUST ME I HAVE TRIED ALOT OF ONLINE MMO GAMES

• spinach8puffspinach8puff Member CommonPosts: 864

If you're defending a game, sjean1, I suggest not typing in all caps because no one is going to take you seriously when you do.

There are people who enjoy this game, but I am definately not one. I gave this game a few different chances and each time I wanted to log off after 10 minutes.

ok ok ok i wont do caps anymore but i still say that domo is the top ratd game on this website i bet go domo the best mmo around

This game has durability on its gears which in my opinion is always a bad thing. To add it all up making money in this game is complicated, those that said "I've been playing this game since CB and up to the final release" yeah good for you, I've also played this game from CB to final release. I did give this game a chance.

The good things about this game

Character customization

The graphics i have to say looks increadible

Story Quest is amazing

A ranking online fame board thats inside the game, thats cool

The Bad things

1.Making money is hard, I rather level and earn money while leveling instead of farming,mining and w/e.

2.Durability wanna know why this is bad? The only items that can help you restore your durability back is in the Cash Shop Store where you pay real money.

3.This really isn't the type of game that lets you solo once you reach the level 45 - 50+.

4.They didn't add any jump features in this game...The characters can fly but not jump...what the.....

5. You will often find your self in a war fighting for leveling spots with people once your a higher level.

• DarkSkedaDarkSkeda Member Posts: 4

Omg, you are so reading my mind  :P

• adrianpfadrianpf Member Posts: 18

The biggest mistake:

Making people pay to enjoy the main gameplay is a huge error. You have to make them pay to get even more fun, not the basic.

Second, I don't care about a game's graphics, but I DO care about how its commercial model is handled, as it could ruin all the time you spent in the future...